Impossible Dreams and Unapologetic Idealism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Impossible Dreams and Unapologetic Idealism

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to yogafriend's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Among modern musicians I think Joe Bonamassa might be one of the true believers.  He seems to be on a mission to make as much music as humanly possible and to pay respects to and interact with as many of his favorite fellow musicians as possible.     

Interesting choice.   Music fans on the forum are such ardent fans of this guy -- part of that is also attributable to the attention he's paid to those that have gone before him.  Anyhow, he seems to be the one to keep an eye on ... :)

I saw Joe interviewed on PBS.  It was one of their fundraising deals and they were showing clips of one of his shows.  In the interview he was wearing Buddy Holly type glasses and he looked and sounded quite nerdy as he talked about how highly he thought of PBS and their good works.  He came across as such a nice, humble, smart guy...I think I have a man-crush here... :-)

OMG, I'm crackin' up here.  :D    We've discussed the notion that it gets (potentially) more and more difficult to go crazy over a new artist as we get older; it's just a more profound experience when it happens.   I am also a sucker for the nerdy side of a musician, contrary to the popular belief that rockers are (or are supposed to be) all swagger.   Genuine humility goes a long way for some of us.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to polar123's comment:

Frankly, I think it's just a sign of the jaded world we live in that people criticize artists that devote time, talent and yes, money, to social causes.    I remember posting about Springsteen's support of kid with cancer (put myself out on a limb with that one, too) and getting a few snide comments, not that I minded.   I only admire him more as time goes by, not less.   Funny how that works.

Well, I think some if it comes from when a star of some sort go beyond devoting time/money to social causes and start pontificating on specific economic - or whatever - policies, but don't seem to know the subject particularly well.

That's Hollywood (film / movie) stars.    Rockers don't do that.  :P

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

BTW, did you see the media describe Obama's inaugural speech as  "unapologetic" yesterday?    

I started this thread before he gave his speech.  ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

BTW, did you see the media describe Obama's inaugural speech as  "unapologetic" yesterday?    

I started this thread before he gave his speech.  ;)

The media is unoriginal, at best.

The man has little to apologize for, IMO, except maybe being one of the last people in DC who seems to give a damm for people regardless of who they voted for.

Sections
Shortcuts