Introduce/reintroduce yourself to the board

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Introduce/reintroduce yourself to the board

May I once again state that this forum was rejuvinated because of one person a couple of years ago and that is my good buddy Zilla. I always have to give a shout out to my favorite ugly lizard. Uclid2, don't buy into a single word he says, I happen to know that his avatar is in fact a very close replica of the real thing. And when the Sox lose, he tends to eat small villages.

FYI - Zak Wylde Rulez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Fnet0y9Ts&feature=related

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Introduce/reintroduce yourself to the board:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Zilla. :)  I almost didn't post since I'm not really a regular.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Glad you did post, kargiver.

Don't worry about it, we're all 'irregulars' around here. I'm actually a somewhat 'normal' person...which makes me kind of unusual. Because most people aren't normal. Which makes me abnormal....right? Don't stay up  late trying to figure that one out it's a paradox or something like that.

Thanks jessey but just to prove you are wrong this is the music personality who looks most like the real me ( "can you see the real me"...a favorite Who song):

David Byrne from Talking Heads. I think he's more crazy, but I'm slightly better looking! Give him a few grey hairs and we're practically twins!

DD, glad you still have the sense of humor. It will always help you through.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

My name is tcal and I think of sex every .62 seconds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

My screen name is carnie, because when I used to be less reputable I might have worked for a couple of carnivals. And had I worked for those carnivals, I might have been carrying a guitar, and the other carnies might have called me the singing wheelman, since I might have run a ferriss wheel. Had that been my nickname I might have actually liked it, since the singing wheelman sounds a lot like the singing brakeman.
    I'm not divulging my real name, but my last name is Bates and I come from Maine. Now I live in California, as winter still hasn't found my part of that state. Like my brother jesseyeric I have a crush on yogafriend. I probably have a bigger crush on yoshimi25 though. I always read zillagod's posts as well as hfxsoxnut, devildavid and davidap.
    I love Rock 'n Roll, Rockabilly, Blues, Jazz and Country, and I'm here to stay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indygreen. Show indygreen's posts

I Have posted occasionally more of a lurker on this thread. I have been introduced to some new music for me (Roy Buchanon) from reading the posts

I Love the Rolling  Stones of the 70's, 70's Punk, early 80's post punk, old Country Music, big fan of  Skynyrd and  Southern Rock, also enjoy the British Pop of late, Stereophonics, Oasis,

Hack musician, biggest claim to fame was a one gig wonder at Cantones in 1980

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Where is Yoshi anyway

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Like Carnie I grew up in Maine. Living near the coast I dug marine worms to help pay for college hence my screen name. I moved to Massachusetts while in my twenties but Maine called me back and here I'll stay.

I enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, all things nature and listening to music. Growing up my dad played the fiddle and my mom sang like an angel. I inherited my mom's singing voice and always got the lead singing parts in the school plays. Then came puberty.

I don't play any instruments nor was I ever in a band, I just love music. I acquired most of my musical tastes from my older brother who had albums of a wide variety from Led Zeppelin and AC/DC to Elton John and America.

I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about the subject until I came here and realized not so much. You gals and guys here have an astounding wealth of knowledge and information and I thoroughly enjoy coming here to read whatever topic is on the docket.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]My name is tcal and I think of sex every .62 seconds.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Ahhhhhhhhhh - but what about sex  Tongue out

do you think about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

LOL tcal you really know how to sum yourself up in a few words.

From what I recall of your posts on music, you like it loud. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Mad Magazine ( the publication that thousands of adolescent knuckleheads and future adult lunatics grew up reading...and looking at the pictures and cartoons) once had a cartoon that I will never forget. It went like this:

An adult male is walking down the street and he is thinking ,"something must be wrong with me , all I ever think about is sex!" Meanwhile we "see" the thoughts ( he doesn't, of course) of everyone walking by him....everyone of them is thinking about sex, too!...hilarious!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

carnie and digger, I also grew up in Maine.  I dug clams at my dad's cabin in Cushing...the best clams I've ever had.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]carnie and digger, I also grew up in Maine.  I dug clams at my dad's cabin in Cushing...the best clams I've ever had.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]Well, I'm from the north woods, but it's always nice to meet a fellow Maineiac. Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Where is Yoshi anyway
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]I don't know, but I sure miss her.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JM0N. Show JM0N's posts

I am who you want me to be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Introduce/reintroduce yourself to the board : Well, I'm from the north woods, but it's always nice to meet a fellow Maineiac.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

My step-dad is from Aroostook.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I am who you want me to be.
    Posted by JM0N[/QUOTE]

If you can be Salma Hayek - I would be appreciateive of that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone recall the username of the cool guy who used the Jack Nicholson / Shining avatar? Haven't seen a post in a while. I hope he's okay, we had lots of good stuff from him. I recall he once was a DJ and lived on Cape Cod. Hope he sees this and joins our thread, and many more.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Hey Zilla!  That was jkjband, we live on the Cape and have 2 boys.  Jkj is the real music buff in the family.  One of his sons has taken after him, the other, not so much.  I think it almost killed him when the other son bought all of Hannah Montana's CD's ....(IMO, it was more for her looks than the music..)

Jkj enjoyed it in here so I followed him in to join in the fun.  I really enjoyed the game threads and harrassing  my husband, but I don't post here as much anymore.  The game threads died out (as they will) and now I have to go down to LLWA to tease Jake.Laughing

I have enjoyed reading this thread and hearing about you all :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Haven't seen t-cal since the Britney Spears thread.   He seems to be on the same page now as he was then, from what I recall.  I like consistency.  :D

I will see if I can come up with a game thread one of these days.  I dreamed up most of them.  :)

We did have an absolutely gorgeous thread for holiday music last year, it's in the Word Associations forum, and I don't think we can possibly top what we did in that thread, and it would be repetitive to re-create it.   Maybe I can ask that the thread be moved over here in December so we can add to it or just add to it where it resides now (it's more than decent, it's outstanding); JKG posted the Pogues' Fairy Tale of New York, and I was the only person who didn't think it was too depressing (it's beautiful, IMO).  The thread has all types of holiday music in it: classic versions of carols, choral music, and of course rock versions, some of the best.  We should resurrect that thread.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I am 60 yrs. old, married, no kids, from Cleveland, OH.  Like all kinds of music.  Love playing the trumpet.  Like sports, history, culture, geography and conversing online with people from all over the country.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Still didn't get my little blog-type thing up here...it was a busy weekend.  But it's getting very close.  This week for sure.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

" Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi"-Navin Johnson

In 13 days,it'll be my 53rd birthday,or as I call it,the 24th anniversary of my 29th birthday.I was born overseas in Turkey while my Father was in the Air Force and moved around some while I was very young.We eventually settled in Northern Conneticut right on the Mass state line when I was in the 2nd grade.It was then that I became a Red Sox fan and have been one ever since.I absolutely HATE the Yankees.Some of my favorite shows growing up were American Bandstand,Where the Action is,Gilligan's Island,Bugs Bunny,The Archies,The Monkees,etc.
        I joined the Air Force when I was 18 and was stationed in Austin,Texas about 10 miles away from the University of Texas.It was a great time and place to be young and single.After I was discharged  from the service,I came back to Conneticut and got married.My wife and I had 2 girls.One passed away and my other daughter is 30 and lives in Virginia.I also have a grand daughter now,who is in training to carry on the tradition of Red Sox fans in my family.She's two and a half and adorable.She's also been to 4 Sox games at Fenway already.
       Currently,I'm happily divorced and living in Vermont.I have a cat named "Big Papi" (whose been having medical issues) and I buy and sell antiques (mostly sports related) to make a living.I lost some pretty nice stuff in the flood we had here recently though.Frown
        I also do volunteer work for a homeless shelter and hospice to keep myself occupied as well.I like watching sports,fishing,camping and going to auctions.If I watch TV,it's usually sports,concerts,Family Guy,Jeopardy or scientific programs about the universe or aliens.
       I really enjoy the music forum here.I'll read it quite often even though I don't make a lot of comments here.I spend the majority of my posting time on the Red Sox board.Although sometimes that gets to be annoying with all the silliness and fighting going on there.This is a forum to come to where people can agree to disagree,and it's alright.
       I have an eclectic taste in music that ranges from Glen Miller to Offspring to Donna Summers to Joan Jett to Leadbelly to Wierd Al Yankovich.I believe there's beauty and talent to be found in any type of music,even if it's something I don't listen to often. 

And yes,I think Yoga is very nice looking also.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

mrmojo, I believe I often pass through your town on my vacation trips to New Hampshire. Parade of the Heifers, right? I share your philosophy of finding beauty in all kinds of music. As Mr. Spock said in The Way To Eden, "we reach". Nice to find another fan of The Archies. Hope your cat gets better.

carnie, our backgrounds couldn't be more different but we both love a lot of the same music. Go figure. I'm just a small town boy who never got too far. By all outward appearances, I'm just a boring, 53 year old middle class guy. Took guitar lessons for years but have no innate musical ability.

Zil, I grew up on Mad Magazine, and that may explain a lot about who I am today!

Like some others here, I just love to listen to all kinds of music. Really, I'm just an entertainment addict. Music, movies, books, sports are what matters most to me. My life has been mainly a trivial pursuit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

OK, I'll play.

I'm in my mid-40s (wow it hurts typing that). I grew up in Hyde Park but went to college in Florida -- go Knights -- and now live in Winter Haven (moved here after the Sox moved out, dang it) and work in Lakeland. If I could find the right opportunity, I'd love to move back to New England.

I've been a die-hard Red Sox/Bruins (tied for 1st), Celtics/Patriots (tied for just a notch below) fan ever since I was born. I love food, from a good Pastrami sandwich, fried Ipswich Clams, good pizza and Italian sub (mortadella, suprasatta (sp?), provolone, etc) to all sorts of nationalities and regional foods. I like most everything and will try almost anything -- to a point.

I love to bike -- hence my avatar, which prevents me from being lazy. It reminds me to go out riding instead of spending to much free time on the computer. I just got back from a 25-mile ride.

I love old movies -- John Wayne, Spencer Tracy, Bogard, Jimmy Stewart, William Powell, Myrna Loy, Jean Arthur, Cary Grant, Peter O'Toole, Charlton Heston, etc.

I love history -- all sorts of history, sports, movie, politics, social, American, Western European. Anything I enjoy, I love to know the history of it. I love to read -- David Halberstam is one of my favorite writers (Frank Deford for sports features). Although I like fiction, I tend to mostly read non-fiction history or biographies.

I admire passion but abhor extremism. People who read me on the Red Sox board will know I sometimes have a short fuse for passionate opinions that have no facts to support them or when people misuse facts. I admire passion and emotion that is balanced with reason -- in other words, use both your heart and mind. I try to use that combination when I post.

As for music, I have a limited wide range of tastes (if that makes sense). My favorite music is what would have been played on Album Rock stations in their prime and is now considered Classic Rock from mid-60s to 1990. I also enjoy a lot of top 40 from the '50s, '60s, '70s and '80s, especially the '70s (including some disco of that era -- some because there was also some that I hated even back then) because that's what I listened to in elementary school on an AM radio that I had. I didn't start listening to Album Rock stations on FM until around my freshman year of H.S. (1978) when I finally got my first stereo. 

Led Zep, The Who, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Beatles, Jethro Tull, Clapton, and Moody Blues are among my favorites, but there are of course many, many, many more bands or artists that I enjoy and could be listed among my favorites. I can go from listening to folk or singer songwriter types to heavy metal of the late '80s. I don't mind admitting that I like power ballads of that decade. There's also some blues and Motown that I like along with some country that I don't mind. And there is some Classical (Mozart, etc) that I enjoy along with 1940s music -- big bands, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin and others -- that I don't mind because it's what my parents listened to/

The advent of Grunge marked the beginning of my tendancy to not listen to much new music. I hate grunge, hip-hop, rap. There is some new music -- 1990-on -- that I've heard and like, but I'm not expert. There are posters who have named an endless list of bands or artists that I've never heard of. This is why I say I have a limited wide-range of tastes. Limited to 1950s to 1990, but wide-ranging in that period. Usually now, new music to me is finding that album or albums of groups that period ('50-'90) that I don't have and want to add. There's quite a lot too from that period, so I'm fine with being less than up to date musically. I keep an open mind when someone suggests a new band/performer, but I don't purposely search out new bands/performers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Add mojo, roy and unfortunately tcal to the list of people with which I seem to have lots in common.

Not so much "lots" with tcal, since he's only mentioned frequent thoughts about sex.

Sure wish jkband was still around. I miss that smiling Jack Nicholson avatar, and the insane posts( and I mean that with utmost respect).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Add mojo, roy and unfortunately tcal to the list of people with which I seem to have lots in common.   Not so much "lots" with tcal, since he's only mentioned frequent thoughts about sex.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

So you're admitting to thinking about sex as much as tcal?

Aw heck, it's just male biology, necessary for the propagation of the species as well as the existence of Playboy magazine.