Is there a song or songs that YOU think have a relatively "universal" appeal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Is there a song or songs that YOU think have a relatively "universal" appeal?

Hey Jude and Let it Be...hard to go wrong with those two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

Re: Is there a song or songs that YOU think have a relatively "universal" appeal?

In Response to Re: Is there a song or songs that YOU think have a relatively "universal" appeal?:
    [QUOTE]"Imagine" by John Lennon would be my choice.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]
    I love "Imagine," but I have actually been in places where I have heard groans when this song came on and the station abruptly changed.  Some people really object to lines like "Imagine no religion." Again, certainly not me.  "Imagine" is as close to my personal anthem as a song can get.  But some songs are not as universal as you may expect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Is there a song or songs that YOU think have a relatively "universal" appeal?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a song or songs that YOU think have a relatively "universal" appeal? : I love "Imagine," but I have actually been in places where I have heard groans when this song came on and the station abruptly changed.  Some people really object to lines like "Imagine no religion." Again, certainly not me.  "Imagine" is as close to my personal anthem as a song can get.  But some songs are not as universal as you may expect.
    Posted by schmangell[/QUOTE]

Well, by "universal" I mean maybe about 99% universal, of course.

There will always be that one negative out of a hundred. However , if I was the one "negative" in a room of 100 people that all thought YMCA was a great song...I'd be out of there in a heartbeat!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fljaweiu. Show fljaweiu's posts

I can understand your points of view but I still disagree... (It's hard for me to make my point on a computer)

Talent can only bring you so far and then you must progress. I have played drums for 20 years without any lessons and I now feel an inability to communicate because I have missed quite a bit by just playing out. Anyways, to Like or Dislike a style of music is one thing but to be able to fully appreciate any style of music an education is a must. Yes, Punk is a great raw style and yes you can appeal to the masses easier but considering music is an awesome tool of communication, I would also love to be able to communicate with the masters. I never said that I look down on people with the talent but I do feel a balance is what truly makes a style of music live on & on.....

Oh well, I could go on and on but I won't....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Something - The Beatles

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]I bet Pearl Jam will be one of those bands in the future....
    Posted by JazzyJtotheILL[/QUOTE]

hahahaha. what? really?

i can think of way too many beatles songs to list.

everyone loves limp bizkit Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

"Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers.  Its played at a lot of wedding receptions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"We Are Family" comes to mind, if only as represented at seemingly every wedding or wedding-related function I've ever been to (except mine...I banned it  :P).  Same goes for "Shout", "Twist & Shout" and, anywhere near Boston, "Dirty Water"....

And maybe a strange choice, but "Werewolves of London" seems like one of those perfect, nobody-dislikes-it type of songs that you could play in any club or bar and get people tapping along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]And maybe a strange choice, but "Werewolves of London" seems like one of those perfect, nobody-dislikes-it type of songs that you could play in any club or bar and get people tapping along.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

i was actually going to say that, because it is the same chord progression as sweet home alabama...(check that ubiquitous god awful kid rock rehash/remix of the two)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

SHOUT - also big at family weddings and will continue to live forever.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a song or songs that YOU think have a relatively "universal" appeal? : i was actually going to say that, because it is the same chord progression as sweet home alabama...(check that ubiquitous god awful kid rock rehash/remix of the two)
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to bring it up, but yeah, I've heard that atrocious re-mash, too.