Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was

In Response to Re: Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was:
    [QUOTE]Kids today. What is this stuff they call music anyway? Seriously though, my dad loved country music and played it all the time. Rockabilly too. Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

hence the constant stray cats plugging Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was

In Response to Re: Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was : hence the constant stray cats plugging
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]Brian Setzer is God's gift to the guitar. I don't think I'm plugging, just expressing my respect for a true artist. I totally understand if you disagree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was : Brian Setzer is God's gift to the guitar. I don't think I'm plugging, just expressing my respect for a true artist. I totally understand if you disagree.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

i was just pokin fun, everybody's got their thing. i certainly do. i can't say i've really immersed myself enough to agree or disagree fully...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there hope for the future: or have I turned to the old f@rt that my dad was : i was just pokin fun, everybody's got their thing. i certainly do. i can't say i've really immersed myself enough to agree or disagree fully...
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 11isagoodyear. Show 11isagoodyear's posts

Looking back now for me it went along the lines of Zepplin (1-Zoso)-> SRV (*Little Wing*)-> Jimi...with heavy amounts of Grateful Dead in the background as that is my fathers favorite band.

I agree with Floyd maybe being a few steps down the road. I would try playing Zepplin and Stevie Ray Vaughn and see if he responds to that. Don't force it on him but make sure he pays attention to the musicianship and the subtle and not so subtle reasons that makes them endure through the years.  SRV and his untouchable guitar playing and the way he doesn't play the blues but lives and FEELS the blues and the difference that makes. These are the musicians that many try but will never equal. The true untouchable icons of music. If you listen to SRV's rendition of Little Wing and don't say "WOW!" everytime, and feel his pain through those 6 mins of pure soul crushing guitar work...well, then you know you are musically lost.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

When I have kids, I'm not going to wait until they're 15 to expose them to Pink Floyd or anything else like that. They're going to hear as they grow up because it's what I like.

I'm not going to force my tastes down their throat, but I will play my music around them, just like I'll take them to ballgames, take them on bike rides with me and go to historical sites and expose them to anything I'm interested in.

At the same time, I'll let them discover their own tastes and take interest in what they like. And then see what happens. 

My parents like big band music, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and that type of music from that era. And while it's not my favorite, I do appreciate the talents of that era.