Is ZILLAGOD on vacation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Is ZILLAGOD on vacation?

I'd like to believe nothing bad has happened to him. It's just curious when such a regular poster suddenly disappears for an extended time. No sign of him on the Sox forum either. Hope he comes back to the fold soon. We miss ya, buddy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Still no word. Frown
    I am truly upset about Zilla's absence, now over two weeks. 

All we can do is continue to hope all's well and ask mama-jesseyeric to include Zilla in her prayers.  Sounds like she has a pipeline to all the saints that could help, thanks to all the years she has had to pray for jessey.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Zilla has not been on the Sox forum as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Still no word.

Trying to stay hopeful.  Really, really trying. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Didn't he say something a while back that something was going to keep him from posting as much (job ?)  .... I may be wrong but if memory serves me well....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Is ZILLAGOD on vacation?:
    [QUOTE]Didn't he say something a while back that something was going to keep him from posting as much (job ?)  .... I may be wrong but if memory serves me well....
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]
    I hope this is the reason.   Now let's just hope he surfaces at some point, no matter how busy he is at his job.   Thanks for the (possible) explanation, jkj. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Zilla left a message on his home page explaining why he's not posting anymore.  It confirms a suspicion I had.

I left a message for him asking him to return to the music forum.  Others should do the same. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

It's not clear if Zilla meant the music forum as well as the sports-related forums.  I hope it's not the music forum, but if it was, and he feels this way about posting here, then of course I understand; doesn't mean I'm not sorry that he feels this way; I'd be very happy to see him re-appear if he decides to do so.

As for Matty ... he was banned, and rose from the ashes.  A bit different. 

Well, I'm heading out to a concert.  Hope everyone has a nice day today as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think it was the Sox forum. Sadly, when it comes to sports, some feel that if you question the team or decision making that goes on, that you are attacking their manhood. Pathetic, but what can you do.

Zilla was one of the first posters who I actually became friends with at BDC. He invited me over to the music forum at a time when there was literally no action here at all. And now, at least on my part, have had this great opportunity to meet new people, make new friends and enjoy new conversation. I think he felt the same way. Hopefully he will be back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I think it was the Sox forum. Sadly, when it comes to sports, some feel that if you question the team or decision making that goes on, that you are attacking their manhood. Pathetic, but what can you do.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I post on another Red Sox forum along with the BDC one, and the same thing goes on there.  You get a polarization between two factions of fans, the 'positive' ones and the 'negative' ones, or the 'pollyannas' and the 'whiners', that type of thing.  Zillagod tends to be a little critical of the Sox FO and some of the players.  Some of the 'positive' posters, which includes a certain group that think they can dictate what people say, were really getting down on him.  It was terrible, really.  I can understand him getting fed up with it.

But hopefully he will realize that he's got some good friends here on the music forum where none of that other crap goes on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Cry

i hope he comes back. he knows how well he was respected around here...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Zilla, I will not let this thread die until you return.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

HFX & David

Do me a favor and comment on the Zilla thread on the Sox forum. I don't want to have to go up to some wilderness in NE where Zilla lives and drag him out by his tail.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]HFX & David Do me a favor and comment on the Zilla thread on the Sox forum. I don't want to have to go up to some wilderness in NE where Zilla lives and drag him out by his tail.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    You have outdone yourself in terms of humor with this one!  I am HOWLING!!

And considering it's snowing here today (HAPPY SPRING) this would be even more of a sight to behold.
       Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A Sigh to Behold - that might get by as an album title.Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Don't make me send Ghidorah after you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Nice one ... !!  (I corrected my typo)  -- yeah, jessey would be a "sigh" alright. 

Actually, it's just as well that Zilla lives here in MA.  Can't imagine jessey wandering around in Halifax, that would be a sighT to behold as well!

I've stopped posting in certain areas of BDC, too.  I know how discouraging it feels to see all the sarcasm and mean-spirited, totally gratuitous comments.  So I also found places on other websites, where people are more fair-minded, and it's a lot more pleasant. I *like* it when people share differeing views, I learn that way.  Who needs to read all like-minded comments?   Of course, the comments on the NYT website are moderated, and that's why they are of such high quality.  Makes you wonder how many comments would get through a moderator if BDC had the same policy.
    Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Keepin' this thread alive for you Zil.

In honor of you, here is my favorite Dylan lyric: "twenty years of schoolin' and they put you on the day shift".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

One thing I have noticed about mutated lizards is that they tend to be a bit on the stubborn side.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I've definitely known some very stubborn lizards who have felt the same way.  But they have returned to BDC.  Just give it time. 

Hopefully, he'll get so sick of seeing us carry on like this, Zilla will return just to get us to stop!  

Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

maybe he doesn't look because he's too sad

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Zilla, I dedicate this song to you. You're no "bad penny", but we all hope you turn up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC6u1msbM6s

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Do we know he's OK?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Do we know he's OK?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    Pretty much, Kar.  He has a message on his profile page that indicates he has stopped posting, so he has made the reason for his absence clear.  That was actually a great relief to see, rather than wondering if something had happened to him, which was very upsetting for a couple of weeks.  

But we in the Music Forum are trying to convince him that there is no reason on earth he cannot post here and that we miss him, so we're still hoping to see his avatar pop up at some point.

He is greatly missed.  There have been numerous threads he would have had interesting input that I would have loved to have read.

Smile

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I sigh every time I think about you Yoga Smile