Is ZILLAGOD on vacation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Is ZILLAGOD on vacation?

i'd like to think that if he saw this thread, he would have posted in it by now...but perhaps he is just sticking to his word and staying out of it.

maybe he found a friendlier forum that has sox and music?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

C'mon Zil, get back here. You have friends here that miss you and enjoy your take on things. There will always be a home for you on BDC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Speaking of BDC as home, I for one, do post on other websites, for various specialty topics, offering support, news, etc., but BDC is definitely "home" for me, no matter where else I post or read.  I have met an incredible group of people on another board, and I am attached and fond of so many of them, but BDC is BDC, for better or worse, so even if Zilla has found other places to post, I can't help but believe he still considers his strongest friendships reside here, just as I do.

So one of these days, just come out of the woodwork, Zilla.  No fanfare from us, we won't even say a word. We won't even say welcome back, nothing, if you don't want the attention.   Just come back.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I have such a great joke in my head about the missing Zillagod, but ot would be so inapproriate right now, that even I can't say it. And i am so not politically correct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Is ZILLAGOD on vacation?:
    [QUOTE]He just showed up in the Sox forum.
    Posted by Robin39[/QUOTE]

Guess I won't be trusting you with any vital military secrets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is ZILLAGOD on vacation? : Guess I won't be trusting you with any vital military secrets.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Dude,  welcome back... good to see ya!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Welcome back big guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is ZILLAGOD on vacation? : Dude,  welcome back... good to see ya!
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

This place is habit forming and not real good for my mental health (especially the Red Sox segment of the show). I needed a break from the senseless arguments over sports and politics. I wanted to post here, where the people are more civil, but needed to prove to myself that I can cut this out of my life if I get too aggravated with narrow minded folk, which does not include most of you. But as a wise person once said, "it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch, girl."....I think it was Donny Osmond.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

All right Zil! Glad to see you back! Maybe my nagging paid off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is ZILLAGOD on vacation? : This place is habit forming and not real good for my mental health (especially the Red Sox segment of the show). I needed a break from the senseless arguments over sports and politics. I wanted to post here, where the people are more civil, but needed to prove to myself that I can cut this out of my life if I get too aggravated with narrow minded folk, which does not include most of you. But as a wise person once said, "it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch, girl."....I think it was Donny Osmond.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

This is scary. I understand exactly how you feel my friend. I have had the same problem at different times here. It is scary how addicting it is and how you can get so emotionally involved in something that really shouldn't bother you. But it does! I know just what you mean. I've been there too. I've wondered if I could give it up myself or is it an addiction? Well, at least it isn't drugs, which can really mess you up. And I know you and I share the same attitude toward drug and alcohol use.

I love your Donny Osmond reference. I always tell my wife (who is an Osmonds fan), that the Osmonds did a great job imitating the Jackson 5. But she insists that "One Bad Apple" came out before any Jackson 5 songs!

I'm really happy to see you back in the forums pal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Zilla!  Glad to know you're OK.  No worries checking out now and again, but a heads up would put us all at ease. Not that you need to answer to us, per se, but we were all worried, you know?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Zilla!  Glad to know you're OK.  No worries checking out now and again, but a heads up would put us all at ease. Not that you need to answer to us, per se, but we were all worried, you know?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I got a little miffed with being called "closet Yankee fan" among other things. I thought to myself, " do I really need this?"

The answer is , I love a good argument , but I don't like abuse. And really it doesn't have to me that is getting abused. I needed a little while away from all the bickering. There are two sides to every coin. What gets me in deep trouble with fellow Red Sox fans is that I have a different view of sports than most of them. I do not idolize these guys, but I do enjoy the game. What is happening in pro sports today is borderline criminal, especially the NFL. These guys whine and complain when they think they are getting shafted but they need to see things from where most of us stand. It's a scary world with few guarantees of employment, comfortable retirement, even an occasional day off has become a rarity for us "down here." I am grateful to have a steady , if not high-paying, job. I am grateful to have a comfortable home with a good size yard in a quiet neighborhood. I am grateful to have a wonderful woman (who is probably right now wondering where the heck I am!) and I am grateful to have a cat who absolutley adores us both. Sports players, movie stars and many pop stars are spoiled beyond belief, their petty problems are mostly self-inflicted and they have no right to be unhappy or feel they are being "cheated" if they make "only" $_ million a year. They have lost grasp on reality...real reality , not the "reality you see on "reality T.V."

Do I have a different view than the average sports, movie, music fan? You bet I do, but when you question a player on a team you support, you become the anti-christ or worse..."a closet Yankee fan." And you know what?, you just want to go somewhere quiet for awhile and to hell with all these people who don't respect that your opinion may be debated but not trashed to bits like it is the musing of a 4 year old child.

So , I am going to continue posting as long as I am having fun. I have fun here talking about my passion, rock music. I may not spend as much time talking baseball as I used to, but that's only because I cannot control my honest opinion. I will not compromise and become a "yes man" for anyone or anything. However, I am going to limit my references to J.D.Drew, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann , Josh Beckett and Jonathan Papelbon...as I don't have much good to say about any of them. As far as Rock music goes, I don't ever have much bad to say about it....so maybe I am safer commenting on something that can't get me in much trouble....although I can be brutally honest with music also....but I have been proven wrong a time or two (don't let that get out to the newspapers!), but I have never been called a "closet disco fan."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You are just lucky you got back here. I didn't want to have to journey into no man's land to find you. Besides Abbott could never have existed without Costello.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE] However, I am going to limit my references to J.D.Drew, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann , Josh Beckett and Jonathan Papelbon...as I don't have much good to say about any of them. Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

OK let's say Papelbon and Bachmann had a kid, I think it would look like this.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hear ya, Zilla.  I've had things turn ugly toward me on BDC now and again, and I've taken breaks before to cool off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

hope you don't mind me piping up...but I've been following the whole zillagod mystery and am glad to see him back. It's always good to step away from the keyboard for a break. This site is very nice compared to the site I used to post on..but even so. I enjoy the music threads even if I don't always comment on them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

When it comes to Disco, I am already out of the closet. Yow, I just outed myself! Embarassed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]hope you don't mind me piping up...but I've been following the whole zillagod mystery and am glad to see him back. It's always good to step away from the keyboard for a break. This site is very nice compared to the site I used to post on..but even so. I enjoy the music threads even if I don't always comment on them.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

And our little family grows by one more. Welcome!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Welcome Back, Zilla! 
    I appreciate where you're coming from, too, in many ways.  Glad you stood your ground and took care of yourself ... but am very happy to see you're back, and that you're feeling fine again. 

This guy (your cousin?) was on the search party; he celebrated with a little snack when I told him the search was over. 

Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
    He pulls the spitting high-tension wires down
    Helpless people on subway trains
    Scream bugeyed as he looks in on them
    He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
    As he wades through the buildings toward the centre of town

Oh no, they say he's got to go
    Go go Godzilla
    Oh no, there goes Tokyo