Jeff Lynne discusses new releases (out October 9th) in a Q&A

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Jeff Lynne discusses new releases (out October 9th) in a Q&A

Jeff Lynne is re-emerging with two new albums and the promise of a new solo album in 2013.  

"Though he fronted the Electric Light Orchestra since its 1970 inception and was part of the short-lived Traveling Wilburys, Jeff Lynne is primarily a behind-the-scenes figure. The studio has always been his primary playground more so than the stage, and beyond his own endeavors he's produced the likes of fellow Wilburys George Harrison, Tom Petty and Roy Orbison as well as Brian Wilson, Dave Edmunds, Del Shannon, Joe Walsh and others. And then there was that other little gig, working with Harrison, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr on the new songs they recorded for "The Beatles Anthology."

"Lynne himself has recorded just one solo album, "Armchair Theatre" in 1990, but he emerges on Oct. 9 with two labors of love: "Long Wave," a collection of rock oldies and pop standards he heard on radio while growing up in England; and "Mr. Blue Sky -- The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra," comprised of one-man recreations of 11 of the group's favorites plus the new song "Point of No Return."

Check out the full interview: (and the comments)

NOTE: The interview was up yesterday and earlier today, and for some reason, is now unavailable.   I removed that url; here's a short-version:

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/09/26/jeff-lynne-reveals-why-he-had-to-improve-the-elo-classics/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Jeff Lynne discusses new releases (out October 9th) in a Q&A

Well, there's no bigger fan of Geezer Rock than me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Geezer rock?  hahah.   

I regret that the Billboard link to the interview / Q&A was taken down; I would have liked you to have seen some of the comments.    They were ALL laudatory, and he has fans of all ages.

One comment went something like this: "Jeff, please tour!  I am only 21 years old and you are one of my idols."

Of the few comments that were up, one said Jeff was vastly under-rated, and others called him one of the most influential rock musicians.  

I'm sure there is more press about Lynne right now, and when the albums are released, more to come.    He's got quite a few fans on the forum.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Related , but only slightly, trivia question: which member of ELO played in Black Sabbath?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Related , but only slightly, trivia question: which member of ELO played in Black Sabbath?

[/QUOTE]

Pure guess: Bev Bevan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here's a couple of links to 2 songs off his upcoming album "Long Wave":

Mercy Mercy (with video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY9UDZY1aXk&feature=youtu.be

She:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUFM451heM&feature=relmfu

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bev Bevan

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts