JIMI HENDRIX --Unreleased song "Somewhere"off his new album 1st listen!!!!! AWESOME !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

JIMI HENDRIX --Unreleased song "Somewhere"off his new album 1st listen!!!!! AWESOME !!!

Here's a link to an article about Jimi Hendrix and a chance to listen to a previously unreleased song called "Somewhere" off his upcoming album "People,Hell and Angels".If you like Hendrix,you'll most likely dig this song.

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/01/11/LISTEN-New-Jimi-Hendrix-single-Somewhere/4791357911035/

According to Zap2It, CBS will air several of album's songs during an episode of "Hawaii Five-0" on January 20.

Janie L. Hendrix, the president of Experience Hendrix LLC, issued this statement:

We're thrilled to be able to release People, Hell & Angels, during the celebration of the 70th anniversary of my brother's birth. The brilliance of the album serves to underscore what we've known all along: that there has never been and never will be a musical force equal to his and that we cherish and take inspiration of what he left us both now and for many generations to come...simply eternity."

The tracks:

1. "Earth Blues" 
    2. "Somewhere" 
    3. "Hear My Train a Comin'" 
    4. "Bleeding Heart" 
    5. "Let Me Move You" 
    6. "Izabella" 
    7. "Easy Blues" 
    8. "Crash Landing" 
    9. "Inside Out" 
    10. "Hey Gypsy Boy" 
    11. "Mojo Man" 
    12. "Villanova Junction Blues"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: JIMI HENDRIX --Unreleased song

Just an incredible song. How did this get ignored for so many years?

Is someone sitting on Hendrix tapes feeding them to us slowly?....that's okay , but 42 years?...I wonder how many Hendrix fans are dead and never got to hear this great song.

'People, Hell and Angels'...odd name for an album, but I'll put ot on my list. I've got to have it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

You know,I got to listening to this song again and something sounded really familar about it.I  looked at some of his earlier albums on the internet,and I found out why it was familar.It's a different version of the same song called "Somewhere over the rainbow" off his "Crash Landing" album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saLnLi69jDA

Still I think the new version is really cool.

I'll have to DVR the "Hawaii - Five - O" episode to hear his other songs off this album

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm guessing many of these are demos. But a Hendrix demo is better than some of the finished product by many, many other artists.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I'm guessing many of these are demos. But a Hendrix demo is better than some of the finished product by many, many other artists.

Truer words were never spoken.Here's a paragraph from pastemagazine.com

“Somewhere” is one of the recordings to be featured on the upcoming People, Hell and Angels. Eddie Kramer, who engineered Hendrix’s classic Electric Ladyland, has been working on gathering rare-never-before-heard studio recordings of Hendrix from the late ‘60s. With help from Stephen Stills and drummer Buddy Miles, “Somewhere” is prime example of Hendrix’s talent and use of his guitar squall.

A bunch of new Jimi Hendrix songs will premiere after the AFC Championship game on January 20 during an episode of Hawaii Five-O.The songs are"Bleeding Heart","Mojo Man","Hey Gypsy Boy","Inside Out","Crash Landing","Hear my train a -comin" and "Somewhere". 

Sections
Shortcuts