Joan Jett is on Oprah right now, jessey!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Joan Jett is on Oprah right now, jessey!!!

RED HOT!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Joan Jett is on Oprah right how, jessey!!!

She performed with Miley Cyrus.

OMG, jessey, Joan is smokin.   She just said that there is and always has been a glass ceiling in RnR and it's very hard to make it as a female rocker.

So I think our thread has even more meaning now. 

(And NO, I do not watch Oprah, but I heard there were rockers on today and had the ability to see it.  So don't go thinkin I watch Oprah ... )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Pat Benatar was just on as well.   She said the same thing about the sexism in RnR.  Gee, these babes were tough. 

Pat has a new book out, too. 

I may re-think my strategy for the faves thread. 
    Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm so glad you clarified the fact that you are not a regular watcher of Oprah.

Not that there is anything in particular wrong with that.

I sometimes watch the Ellen Degeneres show.

When I am stuck in the waiting room of a doctor's office and sixteen women may turn violent if you suggest changing the channel to CNN or something a man might actually not get bored to death watching. Last time I caught a few minutes of Ellen, I got to find out all about how Ricky Martin came out of the closet....

...you know, truly riveting stuff for men.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

AAAUUGGHH!!! The one time I miss Oprah ...
    Seriously, though, would have loved to see that. Me and Joan go way back. And speaking of which, Foo Fighters were awesome on the Daily Show the other night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I did see it because I was lucky enough to see a commercial about it yesterday. Thankfully they rerun Ms. O at 7 PM.

Joan rules and today proved it once again. Although I enjoyed Pat and Stevie, they didn't touch Joan.

Here is a quote from some fairly famous rockers.

Lemmey - Joan can dish it out as hard as any guy.

Anthrax - There is no b.s. to Joan Jett - she is Rock and Roll.

She belongs in the RnR HoF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Joan Jett is on Oprah right how, jessey!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad you clarified the fact that you are not a regular watcher of Oprah. Not that there is anything in particular wrong with that. I sometimes watch the Ellen Degeneres show. When I am stuck in the waiting room of a doctor's office and sixteen women may turn violent if you suggest changing the channel to CNN or something a man might actually not get bored to death watching. Last time I caught a few minutes of Ellen, I got to find out all about how Ricky Martin came out of the closet.... ...you know, truly riveting stuff for men.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]Thanks.  I feel similarly.  Nothing wrong with it, yet I always feel the need to point out that I rarely watch Oprah, on the rare occasions I mention that I've watched (for a specific topic or reason).  Just not my lifestyle and not my thing.  I've only seen "The View" perhaps twice.  Didn't even know what it was until it had been on the air for ?? years!   I don't know if Whoopi Goldberg is still on that panel, but I do like her. 
    I could go so far as to say that I am almost like a space alien when it comes to daytime television.   I could say the same for talk radio (other than listening to sports radio, 98.5, which I really enjoy).  That talk radio host who was recently fired, Jay Severin?  Never ever listened to his show.  Why would I be listening to someone like that?  Not my world.  Space alien.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]I did see it because I was lucky enough to see a commercial about it yesterday. Thankfully they rerun Ms. O at 7 PM.   Joan rules and today proved it once again. Although I enjoyed Pat and Stevie, they didn't touch Joan. Here is a quote from some fairly famous rockers. Lemmey - Joan can dish it out as hard as any guy. Anthrax - There is no b.s. to Joan Jett - she is Rock and Roll. She belongs in the RnR HoF.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]jessey, So glad you caught Joan yesterday!  (although it strikes me as hilarious that you would watch Oprah -- what you will do for love of Joan Jett, right?) 
    Anyhow, you're right, no one could touch Joan.   Totally out of everyone else's league.   What did you think of Salt-n-Pepa?  I thought they were absolutely fantastic, and really fun to watch. 

What did you think of Stevie Nicks?  Can you now see why she got booted from the faves thread the first day? 

But you do have to admit there was a lot of Botox going on ... Stevie Nicks could barely move her face, and Joan, too.  But she's still hot and she rocked the house, no doubt about it.  And I loved her comments about making it as a female rocker, she knows what she's talking about.  Tough babe. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

No question she belongs in the HOF. Criminal that she's not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Lloyd,
    Sorry you missed Oprah yesterday.  The one day you didn't watch ... bummer.

Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joan Jett is on Oprah right how, jessey!!! :  I don't know if Whoopi Goldberg is still on that panel, but I do like her. 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Off topic response:

Whoopi Goldberg is 3 of my favorite types of people.

1. A celebrity who doesn't seem wrapped up in her fame.

2. A comedienne ( or comic , whichever is politically correct).

3. Member of the Star Trek fraternity of great actors and actresses ( although , DeForest Kelley a.k.a. "Bones" McCoy will always be my favorite).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yoga - I fell in love with Joan Jett in in 1975. We are both born in 1958, 3 months apart. Now you have actually seen a pic of me when I was a teenager, so I am sure you can understand how insane I got when I first saw and heard her on stage in the small NYC clubs. 

First there was Suzi, then Joan and now all these years later - there is Yoga.