Kiss is touring with Def Leppard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Kiss is touring with Def Leppard

On through the night and pyromania were killer albums.  Maybe I can talk my wife into going to PNC Bank art center to catch the show

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Kiss is touring with Def Leppard

I hear prices are insane. Also hearing that Boston and Cheap Trick may join on some of these shows. Not sure how true this is.

I have a feeling this is going to be a disaster of a tour for Def Leppard.  I am not quite understanding why the Leps would do this. They can take out any popular 80's band with them on tour and guarantee good ticket sales. Going out with this sham called KISS and with that ego called Gene Simmons, I think will prove too much for the boys from Sheffield.

I will not spend a penny for this show. How I wish Steve Clark was still alive. He would have kept Joe Eilliot in his place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

DL touring with KISS seems kind of unproductive to what they say they're trying to do ... becoming known as a more mellow band. They've said they plan on re-releasing their Slang album (a much more mellow album than their High 'N' Dry, Euphoria, and Hysteria albums) along with some new songs similar sounding to their albums from the 80's. For some reason DL thinks that Slang was a great album that the public did not give due respect to.

I hope DL realizes from this tour with KISS that their 80's albums are their fastball (and a very good one) and that's there's no need to fool around with a curveball (see the Slang album and thereafter). I keep looking for this new album, but have not seen it yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Actually I think Slang was a great album. It just seemed too orchestrated as it took some from the Grunge scene that it was not taken to heart by music fans of either genre.. But that is what a good musician will do. He will open his ears to other music and perhaps be influenced by it. Lennon and Dylan; Dylan and Lennon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually I think Slang was a great album. It just seemed too orchestrated as it took some from the Grunge scene that it was not taken to heart by music fans of either genre.. But that is what a good musician will do. He will open his ears to other music and perhaps be influenced by it. Lennon and Dylan; Dylan and Lennon.

[/QUOTE]

This kind of ties in the the whole what is rock 'n' roll and genres discussions we've been having on various threads. Fans should try to be open minded as well and not worry about genres but just listen for good music. Don't let a genre label or expectations stop you from listening before you make a judgement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I agree that Slang is a very listenable album. I've seen Collen somewhere on the web say that Leppard has done tests with listeners who have never listened to Leppard of the 80's and think Slang is a very good album (or something like that).

My point is more that it seems that Leppard is abandaning their 80's style, and they say they're doing so because they want to differentiate themselves from other bands who copied them. OK ... but then why this massive tour with KISS (that's the part I don't get).

Like if you're abandoning the hard rock heavy metal scene, why unite with another band known as hard rock heavy metal, while you're trying to remarket an album that's a turning point in your band's style that is not hard rock heavy metal (Slang album).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Lennon and Dylan may have had a back and forth, but when the Stones tried the same thing with the Beatles (on their not so great albums ... oops), somehow he suddenly becomes furious, especially on the Their Satanic Majestic Request album (see this video).

And I'm not sure why seeing both he and McCartney provided backup vocals to the first song of that album, Sing This All Together ... also on another Stones song, We Love You.
    Tongue Out