Led Zeppelin on Letterman Monday night 12/3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Led Zeppelin on Letterman Monday night 12/3

I just saw a commercial for Dave Letterman and Zeppelin members John Paul Jones,Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are going to be on tomorrow nght (Monday 12/3).Just in case anyone wants to see them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Led Zeppelin on Letterman Monday night 12/3

Yes, I saw this ad, too.

Also, it was announced that Led Zeppelin is among the distinguished honorees at the Kennedy Center Honors this year.  I saw it the year they honored Paul McCartney, and that was in a word, spectacular.   The professionals who put the Kennedy Center Honors together are so talented; I await seeing how they do the footage, history,  and live performances for the legendary LZ.     Seriously, this ain't amateur hour; I have no doubt my high expectations will be met.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I cannot believe I fell asleep.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Dave mentioned during the show that 20 million requests for tickets had come in for their reunion show.

20 million.

If they toured as a band, it would be the queen mother of all nostalgia acts...the reunion by which all future ones may be measured.

With such galactic expectations, could they EVER pull it off...??

And given that caveat (and my own selfishness), should they even bother...??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It was a pretty good interview,but I was disappointed they didn't do a song with Paul Shaffer's band while they were there.

I also agree that Plants voice isn't able to get the high notes they way he used to.Those notes really strain his vocal chords.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jagger doesn't sing much in the upper-registers on the majority, if not all Stones songs, really.  So, he has that advantage.   At worst, he's singing faster paced songs like maybe Jumpin Jack Flash or the Some Girls material, but that's about it. Everything else is in a mid tempo or middle register for him.

Plant still sounds pretty good. I saw him with Patti Griffin, the great Darrell Scott, and Buddy Miller on that country band tour he had from 2010/2011 (Band of Joy), and they tweaked some Zeppelin songs in the set, to give them this country-Americana vibe to the point it worked very well and Plant sang with ease, but it didn't take away from the songs.  Ramble On was one.  Houses fo the Holy, etc.   Forgetting some of the others.    It was similar to what he did with Allison Krauss, but actully a bit better. Bit more uptempo.

They may just have to structure sets in such a way where it kind of hides that inevitable wart. The guy is what, 65 now?

Ramble On (you can hear him adjust a bit here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFZkMt7wJHA

Daltrey still sounds pretty solid for his age, too. It is what it is. It's not enough to ruin how they will sound, IMO. Just don't expect prime era Plant and it will be good.  I'd still love to know why they blew off JPJ for so many years. Assuming it was money related.

He's as talented as anyone in the band and has been doing session work for essentially 25 years anyway.

[/QUOTE]

I thought they just "blew off JPJ" on the Page-Plant tour and albums in the mid-'90s. He was with them at Live Aid and the Altantic Records gig in 1988 as well as the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame inductions.

As for the Letterman appearance, it was cool to see them there. Overall, the interview was OK,  but Letterman didn't do a very good job on his part of the interview. I like Letterman and to be fair, it's got to be hard interviewing three people at once. I thought JPJ was funny a couple of times, and Page and Plant showed off their knowledge of music history and their appreiciation of the blues artists that influenced them.