Let It Bleed vs. Sticky Fingers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Let It Bleed vs. Sticky Fingers

OK, again, since it's my thread, and I favor Exile as the Stones' greatest (in all its ragged glory, plus it's two discs vs. one), if you had to choose only one, which would you choose:

Let It Bleed

OR

Sticky Fingers

I'll choose the latter for two reasons: the sax solo in "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and slide work by both Ry Cooder and Mick Taylor.

(Fun fact: Pete Townsend sings backup vocals on this LP.  Can you guess which song?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Let It Bleed vs. Sticky Fingers

Let It Bleed - it has Gimme Shelter on it and that is one of the 10 greatest songs of all-time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Let It Bleed vs. Sticky Fingers:
    [QUOTE][QUOTE]and I favor Exile as the Stones' greatest (in all its ragged glory, plus it's two discs vs. one), Ventilator Blues, All Down the Line, etc.... 
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

...Let It Loose, Shine A Light, Loving Cup, Sweet Virginia, etc....

(I know, I could go on and on...hence why I thought the other two would make a fairer comparison.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Between the two, I'd choose "Let It Bleed." But my favorite (I guess that should be favourite) Stones album is "Beggar's Banquet."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

This is a lot like Sophie's Choice.  I don't think I could choose a favorite in the album run that they had from Beggars Banquet through Exile on Main St. (Including the live masterpiece "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out")

If I had to pick one as best, and I don't want to anyway diminish the others, it would have to be "Sticky Fingers" and only by the slightest margin.  The worst song on the album is one of the most recognized songs of all time (Brown Sugar).  The 2nd side of the album is almost perfection in it's setting of a late, late night mood.   And it has "Can You Hear Me Knocking"

P. Townshend sings on "Sway"