Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page (released 10/23/12 *today*)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page (released 10/23/12 *today*)

On the heels of reading about Rod Stewarts memoir a few days ago ("Rod: The Autobiography by Rod Stewart ... also out TODAY), add another rock musician to the seemingly never-ending list of new publications by rock musicians.

Jimmy Page's "Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page" is being touted as the first publication where a member of Led Zeppelin is actually collaborating (and cooperating) with an author for a publication that appears to be based on a series of interviews that took place over the course of the last 20 years, that cover his entire career.  Previous publications about the band have been biographical in nature, with band mates refusing to cooperate in any way; Page is the first band mate to pen a memoir.   It actually looks pretty enticing from the description on Amazon.  

Is it me, or are we experiencing a bit of rocker / writer / publishing overload?   Am I simply noticing more of these memoirs and biographies, or is this publishing surge a bit unprecedented?   Is this the time of year (holiday gifts, anyone?) that publishers would wait to release literature of this ilk or ...?   

Not complaining, criticizing, or attempting to make a commentary on what I can't help but see as a noticeable trend.  Whether the writing is highfalutin and pompous, low-key or down-to-earth doesn't matter -- it's all good to me.   

Just wondered if you've also noticed the trend -- and/or have any thoughts about it.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Light and Shade: Conversations with Jimmy Page (released 10/23/12 *today*)

Nice.  

There's one out by Peter Townshend, too.  I've noticed at least one a week for what seems like months lately.   I've posted a few of them, but there are many others that I haven't posted.  Crazy.   This has to be an extraordinary number of rock musicians who have an enormous amount of clout because many of these books are being published by some of the finest, most reputable publishers.   

BTW, I just put in an order last week (Amazon) and should get the rocker book (pre-owned) I ordered any day now myself.    

Sections
Shortcuts