Looking for opinions on Maroon 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Looking for opinions on Maroon 5

My wife persuaded me to get tickets to a February date at the Izod Center.  This will be the 3rd family friendly show I'm going to in 2 years.  I'm an 80's metal head with no exposure to Maroon 5.  Just looking for some reviews.  I guess I'll get a few albums today.  Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Looking for opinions on Maroon 5

I wouldn't have a clue, except that where I work we get a mix ( mostly bad) of popular music....much of it is newer stuff I despise. Some of the younger guys I work with are more familiar with this newer stuff(and they hate it too!). There was a very annoying song that I inquired about and was told it was Maroon 5.....I said-"WHO?" ...and I got the lowdown on just who they were , with promises to point out other songs when they were played.

After hearing a select few ( thank God!) of their songs, I was convinced that his is some of the worst music ever made outside of Disco, Rap, Boy Band crud.

If you like 80s Metal and other Hard Rock , it looks like you are in for a long night.

My advice is to eat lots of chicken from Chinese Restaurants a few days before and hope for a slight case of food poisoning so you can stay home. It will be worth it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Like you Zilla I know nothing about their music.  I have heard the moves like Jagger song (it's a bit catchie).  Looks like I'll be taking one for the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My sympathies.

Ear plugs are cheap , It's one of the items I sell. Some are so small they won't be noticed. You can paint eyes on your eyelids , put in the earplugs and have a nap.

Back in the 70's , if someone said I had to go to a Sonny and Cher concert, I would have defected to Russia to work in the salt mines.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

tcal, 

Judging from your self-description in your music taste, coupled with your sense of humor, you'll grin and bear it at the concert.   hahahah.   You seem like the type of guy who will be a good sport.   Do not buy any albums ... just use Pandora or youtube.  That's sufficient.

The only reason I've heard as many of their songs as I have is that many of them tend to be on workout playlists used by one of my fitness instructors -- they are good for that purpose.   But otherwise ... sorry to say it, but uuugghhh.    A live show might actually be fun -- if they fill the venue with energy.   Otherwise, no one's life  has ever been ruined by one concert.  :D

Not that you're keeping score, but your wife owes you one.  :)

PS Zilla's on fire today.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I don't know much about them, but they do have some catchy songs with good hooks. "She Will Be Loved" is one song I'm familiar with. I don't think they are so terrible, but I'm not going to go out and buy their albums. If you find yourself moving to the music or even tapping your feet I sure wouldn't worry about it. I can never quite figure out why some pop music gets such strong negative reactions from some music fans. I guess I'm not sure what specifically makes them any worse than any other pop band that has come down the pike.

Don't go in to the concert with pre-conceived notions. Maybe you won't like it, but don't be embarrassed if you get some enjoyment out of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

enjoy the show tcal2. Guess it is one of things married people need to do now and then. Guess that is why I am no longer married..  They are one of those groups that are just so far from my taste... I put them in their with the likes of Train and the much dreaded Nickelback.. But that is just me.. You may like...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

My wife persuaded me to get tickets to a February date at the Izod Center.  This will be the 3rd family friendly show I'm going to in 2 years.  I'm an 80's metal head with no exposure to Maroon 5.  Just looking for some reviews.  I guess I'll get a few albums today.  Thanks.

I have been given tickets to concerts that I never would have paid for - Amy Grant, Steven Stills, Neville Brothers, Rolling Stones, Squeeze....I attended all of the concerts and loved every one even though I owned none of their albums.  My point is "try it you may like it" the worst thing that could happen is that you and your wife have a date! ENJOY!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thanks everyone.  I took your advise yoga and Pandora'ed them and sampled tracks from iTunes.  It almost seems like they don't even know what they want to be.  Some of it sounds funk, some a bit Reggae and some pure pop, weird.  I'm sure after a few frosty beers I'll be digging it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Yes , drinking heavily might actually be helpful in this case.

Just make sure you have a designated hitter.....no designated DRIVER.

I don't drink myself, but there are extreme cases when I recommend it.

This sounds like one of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

It could be worse  tcal2- ...............................it could be a "Dylan"  concert

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

It could be worse  tcal2- ...............................it could be a "Dylan"  concert

With Clapton opening.  

Sections
Shortcuts