LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?

I would like you to focus strictly on the cover art , forget the music.

What LP covers do you really like?

Some of my favorites are:

Blackout- The Scorpions
    Abominog- Uriah Heep
    In Rock- Deep Purple
    Burn- Deep Purple
    The Parkerilla- Graham Parker
    Union-Yes
    Hair of the Dog-Nazareth
    Candy-O - the Cars
    We're Only in it for the Money- Mothers of Invention
    My Aim is True- Elvis Costello
    London Calling-the Clash
    Dead Man's Party-Oingo Boingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The above covers are fondly recalled from my youth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

London Calling - The Clash = best cover ever

Others:

Loaded - Velvet Underground
    More Songs About Buildings And Food - Talking Heads
    Physical Graffitti - Led Zeppelin (all covers were great)
    Sgt. Pepper's - Beatles
    Exile On Main Street - Stones
    Aoxomoxoa - Dead
    Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    The Battle Of Los Angeles - Rage Against The Machine
    Country Life - Roxy Music
    Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix Experience

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

David beat me to my own thought process. So I will stay away from that and I give you:

The inner sleeve artwork as Tarkus progresses is just as good.

How I wish this could have happened:

Before settling on Carl Palmer, who at that time was a member of Atomic Rooster, they approached Mitch Mitchell of The Jimi Hendrix Experience. Emerson and Lake were uninterested in Mitchell, however, as he showed up for a 'jam' session with an arsenal of guns and unruly bodyguards. Hendrix, tired of his band and wanting to try something different, expressed an interest in playing with the group. Since Emerson and Lake had settled on Palmer by then, this led the British press to speculate about a supergroup called HELP, or "Hendrix, Emerson, Lake & Palmer".[2] Because of scheduling conflicts, such plans were not immediately realised, but the initial three planned a jam session with Hendrix after their second concert at the Isle of Wight Festival (their debut being in The Guildhall, Plymouth, on 23 August 1970, with the band "Earth" as support), with the possibility of him joining. Hendrix died 26 days later, and the three pressed on as Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

Greg Lake made this comment on ELP's discussions with Hendrix:

"Yeah, that story is indeed true, to some degree...Mitch Mitchell had told Jimi about us and he said he wanted to explore the idea. Even after Mitch was long out of the picture and we had already settled on Carl, talk about working with Jimi continued. We were supposed to get together and jam with him around August or September of 1970, but he died before we could put it together."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

joni mitchell - court and spark

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Journey had a few cool covers, Departure, Frontiers & Escape albums come to mind.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Here's a classic:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

dark side of the moon - pink floyd...its beauty is in its simplicity

revolver - beatles ...artwork is incredible. first beatles album cover w/o a photograph, i think?

newer stuff...californication - red hot chili peppers

hail to the thief - radiohead

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Grace - Jeff Buckley
    Pablo Honey - Radiohead
    Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd
    December - George Winston Piano Solos
    Beauty and the Beat - The Go Go's
    After the Gold Rush - Neil Young
    Wrecking Ball - EmmyLou Harris

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I'll add: In Rainbows - Radiohead...the whole package is a elegant piece of design.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

DMB...Remember Two Things

its got one of those illusion thingies.  If you stare long enough you see an image (or get a headache)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Santana III

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

B.O.C. album covers were great.

I also liked Cultusaurus Erectus, Imaginos and Agents of Fortune.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

(10CC)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Always kind of got a kick out of this one . . .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChickenCrap. Show ChickenCrap's posts

buddycom03.jpg