LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Have always loved ...

Blue sky, in step, VW in the background, everybody in their role ... not a single word on the cover, either.

And have always loved ...

For fairly obvious reasons, I'd imagine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Greatful Dead - Blues For Allah

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?:
    [QUOTE]Always kind of got a kick out of this one . . .
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]That's a nice pull pmike. Good album too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Pyromania from Def Leppard

And let's not forget any album cover by Iron Maidon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: LP / CD cover artwork,only. What are some of your favorite album covers?:
    [QUOTE] Pyromania from Def Leppard  And let's not forget any album cover by Iron Maidon.
    Posted by undead[/QUOTE]

Good picks - I thought I would help you out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I love album covers that were banned

If you actually managed to get a hold of this release before they changed the cover - it is worth some serious coin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I love album covers that were banned If you actually managed to get a hold of this release before they changed the cover - it is worth some serious coin.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Another one that got changed jessey

I believe they changed it to black shortly after the plane crash

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Timmmmmn. Show Timmmmmn's posts

Yes. The short breakaway from the Roger Dean artwork. Brilliant cover. Twin Century towers in Los Angeles, For many years I thought it was the WTC but just different enough to throw me off.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Timmmmmn. Show Timmmmmn's posts

A King Crimson masterpiece. Whether you knew them or not
    this caught your attention.  Greg Lake pre ELP vocals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from berryjooks. Show berryjooks's posts

1, 2, and 3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]1, 2, and 3.
    Posted by berryjooks[/QUOTE]That BB King cover was a nice one. I hadn't seen that Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

I like this inner sleeve a lot:

"Willy on the Plate" from Warren Zevon's "Excitable Boy."  Crystal Zevon prepared the meal and Warren added Willy.  The record company had issues using it as the cover.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

I'm fond of the work by Hipgnosis.  Some examples of their covers:

They did hundreds of covers until they disbanded in 1983. Storm Thorgerson still designs covers to this day.  The only thing is, of course, not many 12" vinyl albums are made so we can truly enjoy them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Sections
Shortcuts