Marathon benefit concert tickets on sale Monday J Geils,Aerosmith,James Taylor + more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Marathon benefit concert tickets on sale Monday J Geils,Aerosmith,James Taylor + more

From yahoo.com:

Boston bands Aerosmith and New Kids on the Block, singer-songwriter James Taylor and country singer Jason Aldean will headline a concert to benefit the victims of last month's Boston Marathon bombing, organizers said on Friday.

The May 30 concert at the city's TD Garden arena is also aimed at showing support for the people of Boston after the bombing that killed three people and injured 264.

Other artists lined up for "Boston Strong: An Evening of Support and Celebration" include singers Jimmy Buffett and Carole King, the band Boston and the J. Geils Band, concert promoters Live Nation and TD Garden said.

"Like so many other proud Bostonians who have been extremely generous, we are honored to step up and do our part to help the victims and their families," said Donnie Wahlberg of former boy band New Kids on the Block.

"Hopefully this event will not only raise money, but spirits as well," Wahlberg said in a statement.

Boston-born Taylor said, "Everyone involved has responded from the heart in a spontaneous and simultaneous desire to be there and to do what we can for the city we love."

All proceeds from the concert will go to The One Fund, which was set up by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino. Tickets priced from $35 to $285 go on sale on Monday.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: Marathon benefit concert tickets on sale Monday J Geils,Aerosmith,James Taylor + more

"The Cars haven't been invited"......per the print version of the Globe.

Which begs the question - Why not just volunteer your band???

just askin...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Marathon benefit concert tickets on sale Monday J Geils,Aerosmith,James Taylor + more

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

"The Cars haven't been invited"......per the print version of the Globe.

Which begs the question - Why not just volunteer your band???

just askin...

Exactly Roger,if I was a well known artist I would be volunteering my time and/or band.I was kind of wondering about Carly Simon and the Dropkick Murphys.I figured they'd be there too.It's also possible that another band or two could get added to the bill,or have some special guests drop in for a couple of songs rather than doing whole sets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm kind of surprised this is getting more attention,I thought it was a pretty big deal.All of these Boston based artists are doing a benefit for the victims of the Marathon bombing and should be getting tons of press.

Is anyone else here going besides Greg?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Tix sold out in 5 minutes!!!

Look at craigslist for tix?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

was a good friend as is Peter Wolf

Kindly mention that a show in Boston this year would be mightily welcomed? Last year was a blast... 

J. Geils is opening for Bon Jovi in Gillette July 20th.From FunkyJudge.net:

Bon Jovi has just announced that Boston based rockers The J. Geils Band will join them as the special guest at select stadium concerts this summer.

“BON JOVI Because We Can – The Tour” kicked off earlier this year; and night after night, Bon Jovi has given show-stopping performances to packed arenas across North America. The tour will head overseas in early May and will make its way back to the U.S. in July for the most highly anticipated stadium concerts of the summer.More….

The J. Geils Band will perform at the following shows:

7/12/13 – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field (TICKETS)

7/18/13 – Detroit, MI – Ford Field (TICKETS)

7/20/13 – Foxboro, MA – Gillette Stadium (TICKETS)

7/25/13 – New Jersey – MetLife Stadium (TICKETS*NEW*

7/27/13 – New Jersey – MetLife Stadium (TICKETS*NEW*