Matty is being blocked by BDC?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Matty is being blocked by BDC?

One of the most informed, well spoken contributors to this group, IMHO. I can't think it was a posting here in this group that led to this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Matty is being blocked by BDC?

In Response to Matty is being blocked by BDC?:
    One of the most informed, well spoken contributors to this group, IMHO. I can't think it was a posting here in this group that led to this.
    Posted by softwareDevMusician

That's crazy.

I've seen him post elsewhere on BDC, and if anything, he has a dry wit, that's about it.  I can't imagine that he's ever had a post removed for being disrespectful in any way. 

I hope nothing happened at his place of work, where he perhaps had to cancel his account due to "Big Brother" issues? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: Matty is being blocked by BDC?:
    In Response to Matty is being blocked by BDC? : That's crazy. I've seen him post elsewhere on BDC, and if anything, he has a dry wit, that's about it.  I can't imagine that he's ever had a post removed for being disrespectful in any way.  I hope nothing happened at his place of work, where he perhaps had to cancel his account due to "Big Brother" issues? 
    Posted by yogafriend

I just happened to notice that his name showed up with recent postings, but nothing is there. If you click on his name, you get this:

Our editors are reviewing this community member's Page.

I've never seen this before, and I don't know what happens if you have to cancel an account, but who knows. ???

Being a curious geek, I tried doing a search on all of BDC forums for "mattyhorn". NOTHING. Do it with yogafriend or jesseyeric or zillagod, you get results.

Every post has been censored. You said it. That's crazy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I was wondering what happened to Matty. I only know him from this forum and he has never been anything but respectful here. Someone might have complained about his avatar; although I am not quite sure why anyone would.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

I was wondering what happened to Matty. I only know him from this forum and he has never been anything but respectful here. Someone might have complained about his avatar; although I am not quite sure why anyone would.
    Posted by jesseyeric

The avatar...lookup "chairman meow".

Really?

can't go there on this forum. OMG BDC, there is a wolf among the sheep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Ok what did matty do and or say.... I have never seen him say anything out of line.

I see people all the time calling names and insulting others but not matty.

What did I miss?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Ok what did matty do and or say.... I have never seen him say anything out of line. I see people all the time calling names and insulting others but not matty. What did I miss?
    Posted by shumirules

Nothing. Refer to my previous post about the avatar...if you don't see what I'm suggesting I'll break it down further.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Matty is being blocked by BDC? : The avatar...lookup "chairman meow". Really? can't go there on this forum. OMG BDC, there is a wolf among the sheep.

Hey SDM, jessey, shumi, and anyone else who isn't slaving in the kitchen ...

I cannot believe this, but I took one look into the eyes of one of my pets this morning (seriously!), and all of a sudden I remembered something out of the blue.

In the past couple of months, Matty added a statement and a pic of a scanned document to his screen signature that appeared at the bottom of all of his posts.  I thought it looked like a voting ballot, and had to do with the elections in November, but he didn't take it down after the elections were over. 

So I am pretty sure he was removed due to the political or personal ramifications of that statement and scanned pic.  Someone must have reported it, and instead of asking him to remove it, they banned him.  Not only that, he does not exist at all on BDC, nothing.  That's what really bothered me, too.

I have seen many accounts on BDC with the "being reviewed"  statement, SDM, b/c I've known many posters who have come online and let other posters know, but they still exist and can still post.  Some of the reasons for that are having a url on their profile for a fundraiser, posting a url to an R-rated site in a comment, or even posting using lots of vulgar language.   Many (most if not all) people just re-register and pick a new screen name if they are banned, but for many of them, they are not completely banned, just specific posts were removed that were the cause of the temporary "review."

So, Matty, if you are reading this thread, hope all is well with you, and that you re-register.

Hope everyone has a nice musical Thanksgiving.  Be safe. 

PS I enjoy absolutely everyone that posts on this forum.  Quality over quantity, and a very cool group, IMHO.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Matty is being blocked by BDC? : The avatar...lookup "chairman meow". Really? can't go there on this forum. OMG BDC, there is a wolf among the sheep.

I know - I thought it was a great avatar. I had a cat that I named Chairman Meow. But having read some of the political posts on this forum, I don't put anything past anyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: Matty is being blocked by BDC? : Hey SDM, jessey, shumi, and anyone else who isn't slaving in the kitchen ... I cannot believe this, but I took one look into the eyes of one of my pets this morning (seriously!), and all of a sudden I remembered something out of the blue. In the past couple of months, Matty added a statement and a pic of a scanned document to his screen signature that appeared at the bottom of all of his posts.  I thought it looked like a voting ballot, and had to do with the elections in November, but he didn't take it down after the elections were over.  So I am pretty sure he was removed due to the political or personal ramifications of that statement and scanned pic.  Someone must have reported it, and instead of asking him to remove it, they banned him.  Not only that, he does not exist at all on BDC, nothing.  That's what really bothered me, too. I have seen many accounts on BDC with the "being reviewed"  statement, SDM, b/c I've known many posters who have come online and let other posters know, but they still exist and can still post.  Some of the reasons for that are having a url on their profile for a fundraiser, posting a url to an R-rated site in a comment, or even posting using lots of vulgar language.   Many (most if not all) people just re-register and pick a new screen name if they are banned, but for many of them, they are not completely banned, just specific posts were removed that were the cause of the temporary "review." So, Matty, if you are reading this thread, hope all is well with you, and that you re-register. Hope everyone has a nice musical Thanksgiving.  Be safe.  PS I enjoy absolutely everyone that posts on this forum.  Quality over quantity, and a very cool group, IMHO.  
    Posted by yogafriend

We all checked that little box when we signed up that says we can be banned for any content deemed objectionable by the BDC staff. Oh Big Brother.

Thanks Yoga.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Matty is being blocked by BDC? : We all checked that little box when we signed up that says we can be banned for any content deemed objectionable by the BDC staff. Oh Big Brother. Thanks Yoga.

Well, we'll see.  Mattyhorn may resurface. 

The cool part is the idea that someone from the music forum was banned for "objectionable (political) content" -- that's very RnR. 

Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The thing about getting banned is that it will appear to you as if your posts are still being admitted, but nobody else can see them. It's possible he could have been removed and not even know it yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Hammah29r was banned from the Sox Front Burner forum for reasons we still don't know....he's never been anything but respectful.   I know I've been told by another poster that I can't have the URL to my website in my signature because I sell things on it and it's like advertising - I asked BDC about it, but I haven't heard anything yet (it's been several months).  It's funny, but I've always considered BDC my non-work site...not sure if that's the correct phrasing, but I belong to a lot of other forums because that's where my fans and target audience lurk (that's kinda like doing PR work).  But I get on this site to actually interact with sports fans (though this time of year I think sometimes avoiding the Sox forums will lead to less ulcers) and music fans and read the news from back home. 

I don't know what happened to Matty - he's always seemed like a great poster.  Hopefully he'll be back.  But yeah, like Hammah, you can post, but others can't see your posts...so sometimes you have no clue that you've been banned... you just know that people aren't responding to you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It would be a shame if Matty's banned.I've always thought he was respectful to other posters and added interesting comments to any thread I've seen him on.I hope he returns soon as Mattyhorn2.This board needs more posters like him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Matty was cool with me. Wonder what happened.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yes he was/is a very good poster.  I too hope that he'll be back. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Hey Music Board Gang...

Many, Many Thanks for the support. 

Don't know what the deal was...some people can be sooo sensitive politically, I gather.  I got rid of the possibly-offending graphic from the uproariously absurd AK senate election.

Anyhoo...I just keep on' truckin'...like the doo-dah man ...who once told me, "got to play your hand ...sometimes the cards ain't worth a da mn ...if you don't lay 'em down."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Hey Music Board Gang,

Many, many thanks for the support.  I wasn't sure what was happening either, but some people can be sooooo sensitive politically...they just don't want to hear what they don't want to hear, y'know?  I guess I have to be careful whose nephew I offend....

Anyways, thisways, sideways, I'll just keep on truckin' ...like the do-dah man, who once told me "You got to play your hand...sometimes the cards ain' worth a daymn, if you don't lay 'em down...."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Smile
    Being banned has turned out to be a cool thing, huh?  A thread in your honor! 

I was really getting into the conspiracy theories ... oh well. 

but the real reason I felt as badly as I did was b/c we never got around to a Talking Heads thread, as I remembered you had wanted to settle the score about that (I said I didn't *like* them, I did not invalidate them entirely)

So maybe we can get a Talking Heads thread going for you before you get banned again? 

Welcome back
      Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Many Thanks, again, yoga...

As the saying goes, you can't keep a good cat down (or something like that).  No hard feelings...just a pesky hairball or two.

It took several years and several thousand posts, but there's nothing wrong with a fresh start...just like the chinese calligraphers who used to change their names and start again anonymously (semi-obscure art reference).

And I'm always up for a good topic.

Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

MattyScornD..I like the new handle.You didn't let "The Man" keep you down.Glad to see you back 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Matty 'Boom-Boom' Percy Washington...?  LMAO

Nothing like a little John Sebastian to make a brother feel at home....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hey Music Board Gang, Many, many thanks for the support.  I wasn't sure what was happening either, but some people can be sooooo sensitive politically...they just don't want to hear what they don't want to hear, y'know?  I guess I have to be careful whose nephew I offend.... Anyways, thisways, sideways, I'll just keep on truckin' ...like the do-dah man, who once told me "You got to play your hand...sometimes the cards ain' worth a daymn, if you don't lay 'em down...."
    Posted by MattyScornD

I certainly can understand how people can be a little too sensative.

A few times I have had people hurl nasty replies at me for the most harmless ( I thought) comments.

It seems the written ( or typed ) word can sometimes be read differently than it is intended.

When you frequent these boards , as both of us do, you tend to get a "feel" for certain people and you know they have a sarcastic or funny side. Sometimes people who aren't familiar with some of the regulars can misunderstand.

I would say that you , Matty, would be one of the last people I would ever expect  to be singled out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I wanted him back just for his avatar.LaughingAnd the new one is just as good.  Chairman Meow...too funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yeah - but if Matty is going to defend the Talking Heads, then I have issues with him Tongue out

Only kidding, everyone has a right to listen to pretentious junk Money mouth

No really, I'm just joshing - can't help it of some people like the sound of someone else's self-importance Cool

Seriously, just because Matty thinks The Heads are more than just talkers, you cannot hold that against him; or maybe we can Yell

Matty - I for one am very glad you have found your way back. And since I actually named one of my cats Chairman Meow back in the mid - 80's, well - no words laft to be said Wink

Oh, except - Talking Heads - Really? Come on man, I must have seen them a half dozen times back in the old day at CBGB's. Except for Psycho Killer, they were pretty boring.

Rock on dudes!

Sections
Shortcuts