Maybe I'm amazed,but Paul McCartney is going to play Fenway Park again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Maybe I'm amazed,but Paul McCartney is going to play Fenway Park again

You better Jet down there Friday to get your tickets.

From RollingStone.com:

Paul McCartney already has a few dates lined up for 2013, and the former Beatle will visit Boston's Fenway Park this summer as part of his upcoming tour. McCartney will play at the ballpark on July 9th while the Red Sox play an away game against the Seattle Mariners. McCartney last played at Fenway with two shows in August 2009. 

Tickets will go on sale April 5th at 10 a.m. EST at Live Nation and the Red Sox's website. McCartney has three shows on May 4th, 6th and 9th in Brazil, and will play this year's Bonnaroo, which takes place June 13th-16th. He also has a June 22nd date set in Warsaw, Poland, and will visit Italy on the 22nd and Austria on the 27th to close out the month.

McCartney is also at work on the follow to last year's album of standards, Kisses on the Bottom, having recorded new songs with Mark Ronson, who's worked with Adele and Amy Winehouse, among others. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Maybe I'm amazed,but Paul McCartney is going to play Fenway Park again

McCartney seems to be making tracks, more than ever.   

BTW, I'm not the Beatles expert (understatement) but I've seen Paul referred to as Macca, his nickname, quite a bit lately.

Not sure if this is mostly by the British media; I only know I've seen it used frequently, whereas in the past, not much, if at all.    

ETA: I know what it stands for, Rog, as I stated, it's his nickname.   I wasn't asking a question.    :P  

All I said was that I hadn't seen it used as frequently.  It wasn't keeping me up at night.  Honest.   :D

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

The nickname Macca is short for the Beatles' singer's last name, McCartney, which is pronounced Ma-caht-ney. And broken up by sound it becomes Ma-cah-t-ney.

Now you can sleep in peace!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Would love to be there!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs.

If there's a Rock Show at the concertgebow, and they've got long hair from Madison Square......what if the Rock Show is at Fenway?....what's that man moving 'cross the plate?....it looks alot like the one used by Jimmy Piersall....behind the stacks , you glimpse a bat....what's that man movin' to and fro, the radar gun doesn't seem to be reading low....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

BTW, I'm not the Beatles expert (understatement) but I've seen Paul referred to as Macca, his nickname, quite a bit lately.

Not sure if this is mostly by the British media; I only know I've seen it used frequently, whereas in the past, not much, if at all.    

ETA: I know what it stands for, Rog, as I stated, it's his nickname.   I wasn't asking a question.    :P  

All I said was that I hadn't seen it used as frequently.  It wasn't keeping me up at night.  Honest.   :D

Yet another feeble attempt at humor on my part :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Yet another feeble attempt at humor on my part :(

Now, *THAT* is FUNNY.   :D  In fact, I'm howling.    Is it okay if I call you "RoTay" from now on??   Wink

Try an emoticon today.  

Cool