More life in the cemetary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

More life in the cemetary

Changes to the forums, from the few I visit , appear to have effectively chased away many good people from posting. It's been like a graveyard since the new forum changes.

I am not sure if people are waiting for the bugs to be cleared up, or if they are unhappy with forums as they are now, or if it is something else.

At any rate, I feel it is useless to start threads as there is so little activity that it is like a waste of time.

Hoping this changes soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: More life in the cemetary

Regular posters, if you are still with us, respond to this thread in some small way....just so we know you are still out there.

Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE] Regular posters, if you are still with us, respond to this thread in some small way....just so we know you are still out there.      Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I feel as you do, Zilla, and hope it's temporary.   :(

As we have recently discussed, the summertime vacations / long weekends / short Fridays -- all that -- is understandable.   

Coupled with the BDC transition debacle  to NOW --  a recipe for disaster.  

But yes, I am planning to stick around.    It's not very motivating to start threads; agreed.

How about discussing some OT issues here, just to keep the forum up and running??

I actually wanted to have a thread about cars, and one for TV equipment priorities.  Or anything.     Anyone?   Would you weigh in on other topics for now?

A music comment, while I'm here:

May I just add that "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" for FLOTUS' entrance for her speech two nights ago was inspired.    Not that I put a lot of stock in the music that is used at the conventions, but that was pretty sweet.  (the speech was just so-so, IMO -- I'm a chick but I HATE chick talk -- especially repetitive chick talk.  Pablum. )    

Okay, that's it from me.  I am alive,  Zilla.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm not going anywhere.  The glitches in the new system are painful though.  Also, I was pouting a bit...yogafriend made me feel better about that though.  I will have a new thread up and running by tomorrow that I think should get some traffic because it's about one of those artists people tend to love or hate.  Even if it doesn't get much traffic I'll be posting up a storm in it. :-) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The report of our demise has been greatly exaggerated.I think we're a resilent group of people.Most of us have lived through Disco,Punk,Techno.Glam,Dance,Rap,R+B,Country,Alternative,Grunge and other assorted types of music.We will survive a makeover of BDC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNFHo6EffGA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Yeah. The changes have me posting less. So hard to follow the replies.

And it gets really annoying when you've got replies-to-replies-to-replies....  

Ah yes, the dreaded 'snowball posts' that grow and grow.  People can avoid that by selecting only the last part of the post they're replying to, but it takes more effort.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Hfx, 
    Glad you're not thinking of going anywhere.  :)

OH, and b/c of this blasted format and the page not displaying on its own (not a big deal ... but I have not adapted) -- I did read your JukeBox post and thought it was great.  I knew very little about Robin Trower before many of the posters here mentioned him in posts.   And had no idea that Procol Harum had given him part of his legacy.   I'm sure JE would have really liked that first song you linked to in the post (he probably knows it).   JE is another person who seems to be MIA.  

If any of you read the BDC front pages or actual Globe content, commenting there is hit or miss; it's just too bad on all counts that the migration was not done gracefully.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In order to get rid of all the chatter and multiple responses, you have to select and edit / delete it all manually.

So if there's  
    You said
    He said
    You said
    He Said

in the post, you need to edit ALL of that out, except for the FINAL "HE SAID" that you're actually responding to.  

And Tighten up the QUOTE tags, wrapping them around that final quote to which you are responding.

The problem for me is -- it does not always work.    But it is at least better than seeing all of that chatter that makes reading impossible.    And discouraging. 

They basically stripped all of the coding out of the comments boxes, other than the quote tags.    This seems like very basic programming for an experienced programmer, and it's hard to understand why this wasn't addressed FIRST.   Seems like it would be a high priority, you know?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Allright...    so... if the QUOTE and /QUOTE, in brackets, encapsulates whatever it is like bookends, you get the greyed out area. Using "posted by"...which used to drop the name of the person to whom you are replying (or anything else you typed in there manually...appears to screw it up somehow.[/QUOTE]

Now this won't probably work ... but I've put the QUOTE tags around the text, and tightened up your post. 

NOTE:

In the past, this wasn't so sensitive, but it always was to a certain extent.  The brackets need to be left alone -- any time the brackets were inadvertently removed by a poster in the prior version -- you'd see the word "QUOTE" b/c the brackets are part of the code.  

See if this works ... or the quote tags still show ... 3-2-1 ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Ah. Bloody murder. It did work there by the end. Three middle fingers @ BDC, I say[/QUOTE]

I give up after this.  Have the apostrophe problem now and even if I edit it out, the system is unforgiving.  

This should be key for BDC as a publisher and news communication business.   Seems this particular problem should have been the first to be addressed.   And yes, we will all survive, and have survived a lot worse.   :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I see a few of you are still around.

This is good, all of you are  favorite posters, too.

Still some good ones missing...lots of them.

I hope we can get some good topics going pretty soon, although I will be away next week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It really sucks for those of us who are bad spellers.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Click on "movies" under general discussion it brings you to "music"...lol

I just enjoyed seeing the topic line, and responding/reading if I had any desire.

I'll be around.....but prefer more changes to make it more like it was before.

........just sayin'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In the words of the great Joe Strummer "I'm all lost in a supermarket and can no longer shop happily."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to polar123's comment:

In the words of the great Joe Strummer "I'm all lost in a supermarket and can no longer shop happily."

it's not all that bad once you get used to it, but the constant logging in is crazy, and not having an edit, or spell check is tough. also a delete fuction would be nice to get rid of those second thought posts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Hey, big lizard. I know you don't think of me as one of the "good ones," but I'm still hangin' on. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Hey, big lizard. I know you don't think of me as one of the "good ones," but I'm still hangin' on. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Apologies for the multple posts. Got no response when I h i t the add yout post key so I h i t it a few more times. I get impatient sometimes.

Where's that damn delete key !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Antibody, I think maybe you are mistaken.

I suppose we may have been at odds at some point on Red Sox Front Burner, but don't take any possible disagreements we may or may not have had  to mean you are not a favorite poster of mine.

Sometimes a terse response can be taken badly, sometimes sarcasm is done in fun but taken seriously.

If I have ever made you feel as if we are not on friendly terms, I apologize.

I disagree with lots of things, but this does mean I am "disagreeable" ...if that makes any sense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]Apologies for the multple posts. Got no response when I h i t the add yout post key so I h i t it a few more times. I get impatient sometimes. 

Where's that damn delete key !!! [/QUOTE]

I feel your pain re: the delete key.   Patience wearing thin?  :D

But FWIW, it put me into hysterics seeing your posts --- today it seems that we need to wait at least 30 seconds for the "ADD POST" to process.   

Hang in there.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Thanks, yogafriend. Glad you got a laugh out of it. Normally I try to keep a sense of humor about these things. Just having one of those days where all kinds of little things are going wrong. Ah, well... better little things than big ones. :)
    I'll hang in there because that's my nature.