More life in the cemetary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: More life in the cemetary

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

I wasted some time and worked out some of the rules for manually making it grey things out.

But yeah....    I would have thought that maybe they'd test this first. Like, once.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/reply-to-post/80/6359569

Okay, just went over to your "HOW TO" testing thread.  Thanks.  I was laughing at the way you thought you came up with SOLUTION (YAY) -- only to have it be a fluke.  I can relate.

So according to your final (?) analysis, I will test.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

This line announces: yoga said this -- there is a blank space underneath before quote tag

[QUOTE] This is a test.  The test sentence will end with a lower case letter.  The quote tags each have a space before (first word) and after (last word) of this sentence. [/QUOTE]

Now will this work?

Oooook.  So to get the box, you must start whatever is quoted with a Capital. You must end it lower case. There must be a single space between the bracketed QUOTE and /QUOTE, which must act as bookends 

Who the F thought of releasing this without testing? 

Does putting one line empty between the below quote let you announce who said it? 

Yes, if this box greyed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Thanks, yogafriend. Glad you got a laugh out of it. Normally I try to keep a sense of humor about these things. Just having one of those days where all kinds of little things are going wrong. Ah, well... better little things than big ones. :)
    I'll hang in there because that's my nature.

Hey, no problem.   I think many of us have worked in organizations that did major web overhauls, and nothing like this ever happened.  For me, that's more disappointment in BDC than anything else.   They just did not give it enough time and testing, and seem to be under unrealistic deadlines.   Of course they're not doing this to punish us ... hahaha.  :P

Anyhow. 

I just tried to test the way the QUOTE tags work for the new (which should be AUTOMATIC) grey box text, and for the life of me, can't get it to work now.    So I'm done trying.   Not worth the bother and there are other workarounds.   

Tomorrow is a new day.   Not going to sweat the small stuff.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Antibody, I think maybe you are mistaken.

I suppose we may have been at odds at some point on Red Sox Front Burner, but don't take any possible disagreements we may or may not have had  to mean you are not a favorite poster of mine.

Sometimes a terse response can be taken badly, sometimes sarcasm is done in fun but taken seriously.

If I have ever made you feel as if we are not on friendly terms, I apologize.

I disagree with lots of things, but this does mean I am "disagreeable" ...if that makes any sense.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ZILLAGOD. I respect you and think you are one of the board's better posters. I don't mind differences of opinion because that's how we learn. I understand. Sometime my sarcasm isn't well received either. I will think I'm being funny but others don't see the humor. I try not to take myself too seriosly but it doesn't always work. It's like I told yogafriend, I'm having a day with a lot of little aggravations and it spilled over into here. I'm sorry for that. You don't seem to be offended and for that I'm grateful. I look forward to "seeing you around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    I wanted to reply, but got the 19th letter of the alphabet hit.

It was a cure for cancer.  Oh well
    [/QUOTE]

That's a bummer. That would have been helpful.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]  I hope we can get some good topics going pretty soon, although I will be away next week. [/QUOTE]

We'll be fine. 

Hope you have a nice week off, BTW.   See you when you return, Zilla.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger:

"I'll be back!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Cemetary ..... Graveyard

Po - tay - to  .....  Po - tah - to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2vLkyCiV04

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

How the HELL is it that some of you can post a link that is clickable while some of us can't?!?!?!?Same for photos? Why is it that some can post these while others can't?!?!?!?

This is so GD frustrating!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]How the HELL is it that some of you can post a link that is clickable while some of us can't?!?!?!?Same for photos? Why is it that some can post these while others can't?!?!?!?

This is so GD frustrating!!!!![/QUOTE]

Highlight your link, click on the "Insert/Edit Link" icon below and paste your link there.

To post a photo, simply copy image and paste.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the room.

Thanks digger.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm still hanging around, but haven't been posting as much because this new software really stinks. I get all frustrated and then have to go watch Jethro Burns or Fats Domino on youtube just to calm myself down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Just got back from vacation the other day. I am back in business here but must say this new format hurts a little.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Just got back from vacation the other day. I am back in business here but must say this new format hurts a little.

-----------------------------------------------

Welcome back, JE.  You were missed.

Sorry to say BDC has all but abandoned the forums, and not much has changed with regard to the usability of the formet, and reinstating the features that we once had (EDIT function, for one, which seems fundamental).   Seriously, how hard can this be?   Not exactly new technology.   Hang in there.