Motley Crue to retire and say goodbye over 72 tour dates -- what's your favorite memory?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonDotCom. Show BostonDotCom's posts

Motley Crue to retire and say goodbye over 72 tour dates -- what's your favorite memory?

Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars, and Tommy Lee, the men otherwise known as Motley Crue, are calling it quits -- for good. The group is retiring after making hits like "Girls, Girls, Girls," and "Dr. Feelgood" and it's going out with a 72-tour date bang. The group will be joined by opener Alice Cooper for the stops. "All four members of Motley Crue signed an agreement Tuesday that will permanently dissolve the legendary rock group after a final tour," according to CNN. Ahead of the tour, we want to know: what is your favorite Motley Crue memory? Have you seen them on tour before? Fill us in below.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Motley Crue to retire and say goodbye over 72 tour dates -- what's your favorite memory?

Yes I saw them in Halifax a few years ago.  And I'm going to see Vince Neil backed by Slaughter? next month.

They're a good boogie band and entertaining.  They're also the most vulgar and profane live music act I've ever seen by far.  If you're looking for good taste, look elsewhere. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Motley Crue to retire and say goodbye over 72 tour dates -- what's your favorite memory?

I thought they "called it quits" long ago.

I mean really, I wouldn't want tickets if they were free....except I'd like to see Alice Cooper, even now.

I always considered Motley Crue to be sort of like Spinal Tap....good for a few laughs, but there's a gazillion Rock bands that I'd listen to before I put my Motley Crue greatest hits collection in the carousel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Meh.

I understand why some people like them, but together or broken up, they don't affect me in any way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Doctor Feelgood was a good album. That's all I know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

I saw Motley Crue with Ozzy in Providence back in the early 80's. That was a fun concert and one I will alwasys fuzzily remember. But I am not a huge Crue fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Seen Dr. Feelgood tour at Orange County (NY) Fair Grounds, great venue from the early 80's through the early 90's.  Good show.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

The update to this story is that Motley Crue is not breaking up, they will still be making music. Their farewell tour is just a farewell to their touring. Yeah I guess that makes sense.

http://www.hennemusic.com/2014/02/vince-neil-says-motley-crue-are-not.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Long live the Crue!  I will catch them on this final tour.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Welcome TFB12.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The Allman Brothers have announced this year's tour will be their last, too.

Is it too much to wonder if there might be some connection... the "Motley Allman Bros. Crue"...?  :P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welcome TFB12.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude!

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts