Movie thread for the music forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Movie thread for the music forum

In Response to Re: Movie thread for the music forum:
    The wife and I saw "Moonrise Kingdom" the other night ... an actual night out at the theater. Really cool and quirky movie. Bill Murray, Ed Norton, the always awesome Francis McDormand (speaking of which, "Fargo" rules), and the two kids do a nice job.
    Posted by LloydDobler

We liked it, too.  One of the better flicks we've seen this year. 

I'll nominate Danny Boyle's "Sunshine" - a truly existential take on sci-fi that's very suspenseful, eerily topical and poignant.  As a fan of the genre, I think it's a home run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Movie thread for the music forum:
    Bullitt is a classic. Steve McQueen at his ultracool best. Mullholland Drive ...now that was one bizarre movie.  A great and twisted performance by Naomi Watts.   
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Agree on both.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

David Lynch - what can you say.  The man is crazy and I think his movies are intended to make the viewer the same. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Another gem from the vault:

Mindwalk 

...one of the most interesting, insightful, non-documentary filmed conversations ever.  A poet, a politician, and a physicist all convene and discuss philosophy and science and their mutually symbiotic relation to the conflicts of humanity - all set against the marvelous backdrop of Mont Saint-Michel.  This is heady stuff (My wife calls it "Mind&**k.") and hard to summarize, but to me, it never gets old.  I even still have the VHS tape, because it's never been released on DVD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

My wife and I watched a romantic comedy last night called Music and Lyrics, with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore.  It's strictly a light comedy, but it's pretty well done.  Usually I find something to annoy me in movies like this, but this one stayed annoyance and inanity-free.  Grant's performance was commendably restrained.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts