Music Forum Roll Call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Music Forum Roll Call

Since i questioned if the music forum may be over and done with, there has been a small flurry of activity. Just wanted to take a roll call of who is still out there, at least looking at the forum if not posting.

devildavid, present and accounted for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Music Forum Roll Call

Still here.  I feel a little bad about not posting much lately.  I just wasn't feeling up to it, to be honest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'm here. I've always posted sporadically on the music forum depending on the topic. Some topics simply have been beyond my knowledge or interest. And I don't always have time to post much even on the Red Sox board. I hope this board stays active because it always has been a nice diversion. I hope Z and jesseyeric return to both this board and the Red Sox board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I love this place.  I've been a sporadic contributor mainly due to life constraints (though I spend more time lurking on the hot burner abusing the bigots and mocking the complainers (note to self:  do more of the former and less of the latter)), but I feel very welcome here....we don't all share the same musical taste but we all love music.  I've learned things here, had lots of fun here....I esp. love the lengthy, ongoing, unresolved and unresolvable fierce debate I share with DD about composing...but it never erupts into abuse the way chats can and do on sports, politics, and social behaviour (?) boards. 

I/we have publicly and privately praised Yoga for being the heart, soul and engine here...but that is so lazy of me/us/you!  It's Catch-69:  there isn't a lot of daily interaction here, so one is disinclined to jump into a freezing cold pool.

DD/Hf/roy/me/all - let's try to make more of this if that's what we want....let's make it simple.  Heard a new (or old song)?  Where?  Why? Mention it here.  Bought a new song/album?  Who?  Why?  Seen/going to a gig?  Who?  Why?  Got a note pushed under your door saying "Please turn your music down!  Love your neighbours   xxx"  ;-)

I'll try.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I stop by every couple of years...

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Been banned in the Pats forum numerous times, but I always check in and still comment here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

Reporting for duty!

I'm still peeking in from time to time.  Waiting for someone to come up with yet another inspired "make a list" theme.

I don't talk music, I only listen to it --  and sing in the shower occasionally.  Turned off the radio decades ago.  Then came SXM, thank goodness, and I'm still catching up!  When I seriously recommitted to a fitness program several years ago I got introduced to contemporary pop, and whaddaya know, I like SOME of it immensely.  Most importantly thanks to this forum I explore genres I otherwise wouldn't have given much of a listen to.  You guyz send me to places I didn't know existed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimV7. Show SlimV7's posts

I pop in to look around a couple of times a week, haven't had much to say though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

I'm here sometimes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

I check in a few times a week, it has been slow here the last few months. Topics as of late have been all over the place and have not been commenting much. Not that I'm starting many myself. But I'll be around.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

As you know, I am present. 

Not sure what this thread will prove to accomplish, but it's nice to see people check in. :)   I can still count quite a few regulars who haven't been seen in months, and still attribute the main reason to the BDC makeover.  the rest is irrelevant, as to personal whereabouts and the reasons for appearing once in a while.  I've been here in the summer for a bunch of years, and it's never been this inactive.   People don't take breaks from commenting ... how much time does it take to comment?   They're either here or they're not.    Time will tell. 

Namaste. 

"Darling, he's still dangerous."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

I love this place.  I've been a sporadic contributor mainly due to life constraints (though I spend more time lurking on the hot burner abusing the bigots and mocking the complainers (note to self:  do more of the former and less of the latter)), but I feel very welcome here....we don't all share the same musical taste but we all love music.  I've learned things here, had lots of fun here....I esp. love the lengthy, ongoing, unresolved and unresolvable fierce debate I share with DD about composing...but it never erupts into abuse the way chats can and do on sports, politics, and social behaviour (?) boards. 

I/we have publicly and privately praised Yoga for being the heart, soul and engine here...but that is so lazy of me/us/you!  It's Catch-69:  there isn't a lot of daily interaction here, so one is disinclined to jump into a freezing cold pool.

DD/Hf/roy/me/all - let's try to make more of this if that's what we want....let's make it simple.  Heard a new (or old song)?  Where?  Why? Mention it here.  Bought a new song/album?  Who?  Why?  Seen/going to a gig?  Who?  Why?  Got a note pushed under your door saying "Please turn your music down!  Love your neighbours   xxx"  ;-)

I'll try.

Well, with all due respect to checking in, Sonics is the only person who has offered a potential "solution" of sorts, and I agree.   First, thanks for the continued vote of confidence as to my ability to churn out discussion threads and my seemingly unquenchable  thirst for musical knowledge.   But you're right, it's not fair to me, nor to the other people who start threads on a regular basis (a very small, and decreased core group) to see people "wait" for threads, as though we are being paid to produce them (I wish!) and/or we get them from an oracle (I also wish ...)  :D

I have never minded when I post about a band or any topic that doesn't get much traction.  But when there is no life, let alone traction, that is pointless to me.   And as I mentioned in another thread, I have a truly fascinating professional social network that has been downright crazy lately, that I can barely keep up with.   And we don't post anonymously, so that makes it even more gratifying to read.  

Truth is, I would prefer to talk simply about music, too.   We've discussed the "concepts" many, many times, and unless some of you like repeating yourselves, I don't see the point in discussing more of the same.  In fact, I smiled when I saw an article entitled, "Is Indie rock dead?"  and thought, well, we've got that covered on the forum already, no sense in recycling it *again* (it was about the use of the word as a genre as well as a type of record label).    Another one was on mainstream music, and how that category of music has run its course b/c "mainstream" has taken on a new meaning with the advent of the internet and the ease to find music.  Even bands of "indie" labels are mainstream and win Grammy Awards.  The premise was that mainstream music, not all, but some, could be pretty gorgeous, and not to dismiss it.  Again, for us to discuss this ... nope.  No point.  I was tired at the thought of contemplating it.

All this to say, I would be very happy to keep the focus on just plain music, as Sonics suggested.  You bought it, you liked it, you're excited about It, how you found out about it, your new discoveries, if you surprised yourself in a discovery, and even your mainstream likes and dislikes. 

I also don't think people need to be so polite all the time.  If someone posts that they like a band or some newish music, you think it stinks, then say so, and give your reasons.   It's not to put the other poster on the defensive, but just another POV.   It's not a sin to disagree with someone and be blunt.   You're not attacking the person, you're just commenting about some music, and a musician.  Nothing to take personally.   I never have. 

I do not feel the need to dig up a thread that was for the year.   If you want to post about a new purchase, just post it in a new thread, and don't worry about it.    Hours and days go by lately, with no one here but the crickets.    The concept of keeping it simple is the best way to get the forum off life support and give it life.  Thanks for the positive words and offering a route, dear Sonics.   =)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

The BDC moved the discussions after a BDC redux...I thought they got rid of the discussions...they just changed it to "forums".....I stumbled on them by accident as I am sure others have too....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I pop in when I can.This is just a very busy time for me workwise and I can't get here a often as I'd like to.

"Another day closer to the parade"

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Bump

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Busy, busy, busy. I still lurk a few times a week. Don't let the music forum die!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

What he (Digger) said.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Where is Matty? Another MIA?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where is Matty? Another MIA?

[/QUOTE]

Possibly on vacation. He hasn't posted in a week or so in the politics forum....

Sections
Shortcuts