Music Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Music Predictions

Pro Tools will achieve self-awareness on 17 July 2019, will view analog recording as a threat to its existence, and trigger a musical holocaust leaving only digital recording and playback available to....some.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

In response to yogafriend's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think music is actually in the long slow process from being a creative outlet to a cottage industry pumping out hook laiden, autotuned,computer generated crap intended to get in and get out after the music exec's make a buck or two.  If I paid attention, I could probably name 6 other Justin Beebur's - "before" - Justin Beebur....Shawn Cassidy, Lief Garret, Wayne Newton....any others? - that's rhetorical, who cares anyway....

Roger, this is certainly one piece of the pie (and as you say, always has been and will be) but it's not the whole pie.  

Funny timing, but I read a good, if not flattering article about Justin Timerlake recently, re: his career and his ability to maintain his fan base over the years as he's matured.    

I've never been a fan, but Timberlake's one artist who has managed to mature successfully, after being a child star, then a member of a boy band, and ultimately taking a turn as a solo artist.   Plus, he has great comic timing and talent, he's not mean-spirited, and knows how to poke fun at himself.  He's been a rare example of a musical artist that could shake off his ultra youthful image and develop into what appears to be a reasonably normal adult.  His future seems secure.  :)

[/QUOTE]

JT "was" part of that boy band over produced N-Sink...the manager blew out several boy bands and cashed the checks.....to my point.

To your point, yah JT did manage to survive in that he still puts out music(?) but I don't see him as a defense of my previous post just another example of what I had said......Wink

[/QUOTE]

JT is James Taylor.  Thank you.

Oh, and its 'NSYNC.  Nothing to do with synchronization, its the last letter of each of the boys names - N for Lance because his nickname was Lansten.  My girls were pre-teen and teen when they were hot.  Backstreet Boys were better.  I wouldn't mind not knowing all this, but there ya go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to GregoryFromMeffa's comment:

JT is James Taylor.  Thank you.

Oh, and its 'NSYNC.  Nothing to do with synchronization, its the last letter of each of the boys names - N for Lance because his nickname was Lansten.  My girls were pre-teen and teen when they were hot.  Backstreet Boys were better.  I wouldn't mind not knowing all this, but there ya go.

Thanks for the backstory (sorry to say, I knew part of it, too)  :D  

Agree that the Backstreet Boys were a much better group.   They had a hit that I still love to this day (no apologies from me on that).

The boy band is here to stay, and I don't see any reason to diss it.  There isn't a static group of people that follow these bands, hence the reason why Justin Timberlake has been an exception when he branched out on his own.   

Groups like One Direction are a staple in the pop genre; honey / bees for a certain age group.   Pop sugar, not meant to be the whole diet, or taken too seriously.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Within the next five years I predict Keith Richards will be mistakenly reported to be the world's oldest human being.

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

Sections
Shortcuts