Name a few theme songs from movies and T.V. shows that you think were cool.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Name a few theme songs from movies and T.V. shows that you think were cool.

Here's a short sample of some of my favorite theme songs from T.V. and movies...I'll keep the list short so others have a chance, I don't want to steal all the good ones.

Mission Impossible
    Hawaii Five-0
    Get Smart
    Rocky ( a.k.a : Gonna Fly now)
    Law and Order S.V.U.
    To Live and Die in L.A.
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Gilligan's Island
    The Munsters

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Name a few theme songs from movies and T.V. shows that you think were cool.

All good ones, Zilla, especially the undisputed champion "Hawaii 50"

I'll add ...

"Cheers"
    "Hill Street Blues"
    "Rockfort Files"
    "Entourage"
    "WKRP in Cincinnati"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Best ever hands down was the theme from Peter Gunn .... to young to remember it, go to youtube and check it out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This one might get me in trouble here, but here goes: 'Live to Tell' by Madonna, from the movie 'At Close Range' which starred Christopher Walken and Sean Penn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Great subject Zilla.

TV - Flintstones,Tonight show,theme from MASH (suicide is painless),Barney Miller,Sanford and son and Batman
      Movies - Back to the future,Live and let die,Billy Jack,FM,The Sting,The Graduate,Deliverance

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons but I do like the theme music.  Definite second for the Flintstones, and will add the Jetsons for the cartoon trifecta.

From sci-fi TV: original Star Trek theme as well as ST Next Generation, both versions of the Lost in Space theme, and of more revent vintage, Stargate SG-1.

Mission:Impossible and Hawaii Five-O are surely all-time greats, and definite soft spot for Get Smart.  I often walk from the Sheraton Back Bay down into the Pru garage and sing the Get Smart theme as I go through the sequential automatic doors.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Greatest for TV was written for a group of actors who were to play a band:

We're The Monkees

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KathyVT. Show KathyVT's posts

TV - Mary Tyler Moore Show song
    Movies - Titanic's My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elekktra. Show Elekktra's posts

I'll build my list as they come to me.

Theme from Peter Gunn:  (Mancini) @shumi-- I used to make up dances to it)
    yes mojo, tv Batman. 
    Opening theme for Craig Ferguson show (you can find the extended version on youtube)
    Theme from Perry Mason
    The Pink Panther (Mancini) 
    The Addams Family
    Let the River Run -- Carly Simon/Working Girl
    Theme from Dallas
    You Had a Bad Day (former American Idol theme song I think)
    Nice Work if You can get It  ("Cybill")
    My Life , (Billy Joel)  Bosom Buddies
    The Windmills of your Mind, The Thomas Crown Affair

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Hawaii 5-0 had to be the biggest no-brainer, and I'm glad someone already mentioned Barney Miller and Rockford Files.

I'll add:

S*W*A*T 
    Welcome Back Kotter
    Friends (Not a fan of the shot but it was a catchy tune)
    Beverly Hillbillies
    Bonanza
    The Fall Guy (as sung by Lee Majors himself).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Sopranos had a great theme song.  It was called 'Woke Up This Morning' by Alabama 3 or A3.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Great stuff!!!

roy, Beverly Hillbillies and Bonanza----as they say here in New England were "wicked good" songs.

Peter Gunn theme is also great , love the ELP version.

Sorry jess, can't get excited about the Monkees. Some of the comedy was good, a few of the songs were catchy...but the theme song didn't grab me. Good one though, just not my taste.

mojo, it's funny but I used to watch Barney Miller all the time and can't remember the theme song.

I'll add another that hasn't been mentioned , just because I am afraid it will be overlooked. "Twilight Zone"..."there 's a sign post up ahead"...Great spoken words by Rod Serling to the suspenseful background music.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Love Boat -- had to include this one because my mom liked Jack Jones.

Scooby Doo (The original song from the first year. As I recall, they tweaked the opening over the years.)

Airwolf

Mork and Mindy (song was in my head and took me awhile to remember what TV show it was from).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Theme to 'Love Story'

Nadia's Theme for 'The Young & the Restless'

'Speak Softly Love' for 'The Godfather'

'Somewhere my Love' for 'Dr. Zhivago'

Fun themes:

'Movin' on up' for 'The Jeffersons'

'And then there's Maude' for 'Maude'

UGH!!! I'll never get to the laundromat with all these association forums!Surprised

I love the theme song to 'The Sopranos.' One of my favorites.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.

Theme from Shaft

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

One of my favorite shows when I was a kid was 'The Wild Wild West' with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin and the theme music was excellent.

The James Bond theme music is pretty cool...as for songs from the movies, Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey was a good one, as was Nobody Does it Better by Carly Simon. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Name a few theme songs from movies and T.V. shows that you think were cool.:
    [QUOTE]One of my favorite shows when I was a kid was 'The Wild Wild West' with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin and the theme music was excellent. The James Bond theme music is pretty cool...as for songs from the movies, Goldfinger by Shirley Bassey was a good one, as was Nobody Does it Better by Carly Simon. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Nice with the Bond music. I also liked

Live and Let Die -- McCartney
    For Your Eyes Only -- Sheena Easton
    All Time High (From Octopussy) -- Rita Coolidge

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Name a few theme songs from movies and T.V. shows that you think were cool.:
    [QUOTE]The Greatest for TV was written for a group of actors who were to play a band: We're The Monkees
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

VERY underrated show. It was hilarious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

Theme song from Couplings - Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

That' '70s Show

Can't forget Cheap Trick

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Zilla,I always liked the Barney Miller theme song.It was a funky jazz tune with a great bass line.Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTS85T-rw_4

Another great TV theme was "Where the action is".I think it came out around 1965 and sung by Freddie "Boom Boom " Cannon.Here's a link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9gg2gX-ZrA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

roy beat me to barney miller. Mike Hammer Private Eye had a great theme song, here's a link to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTua5yI_jJo
    I believe the name of the song is Harlem Nocturne.
    And since this is my 1967th post here's a picture of the boomer for ya

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith in Armageddon movie

The Odd Couple tv show
    The Andy Griffith Show tv show

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The theme from Friends probably wasn't as annoying 20 years ago as it is now, but I never really appreciated it until old friend Rob Paravonian pointed out just exactly how funny this song is.

I've posted this before, so . . .   you know . . .   stop me if you've heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S8wBNoiv90

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

A couple more TV Themes:

Secret Agent Man - Johnny Rivers
    Happy Days theme 
    Partridge Family

Sections
Shortcuts