New Documentary "Crossfire Hurricane" (2012) on the Stones on HBO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

New Documentary "Crossfire Hurricane" (2012) on the Stones on HBO

Part of the Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary celebration includes a new documentary called "Crossfire Hurricane".It's being shown on HBO,in fact,for those who have it,it is available in the "HBO on Demand" section under documentary.I just watched it and,for me,it was a great program.It ran about 100 minutes and contained early,early interviews and concert footage of them singing snippets of"Get your kicks on route 66","Walking the dog","I wanna be your man" and many more.It also shows a little of the backstage chaos and debauchery that accompanies a Rolling Stones concert.It contains plenty of footage I've never seen and I consider a big Stones fan.

Excellent,excellent show!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Re: New Documentary

Thanks for posting this. They can probably spend a whole 100 minutes just on Keith Richards.    Now I just have to find someone with HBO. 

Watched a great PBS American Masters on the late Woody Guthrie the other night. If one has not seen it yet, it really is worth the time. There is a lot of great info here, but the story of him walking around Washington Square Park towards the end of his life, and listening to kids play his music, while going unnoticed is fascinating .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: New Documentary

Because I'm a big Stones fan,I may be seeing it through Brown Sugar colored glasses,but I found it really entertaing and informative.I didn't like that they only had 15-20 minutes of Ronnie Wood in the movie though.He's been with them for about 37 years and I thought he deserved more focus.

I also think the movie could have been a little longer to provide glimpses into the more recent lives and appearances of the Stones.The last year they talked about was the 1978 Some Girls tour and they pretty much glanced over that. 

All in all IMHO,it's worth a watch if you have interest in the Stones and /or their music

Sections
Shortcuts