Now for something completely different (ID this entity)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Now for something completely different (ID this entity)

You either have to know this medium or have experienced this particular entity to hazard an ID guess.   Maybe watching  "The Simpsons" would be a clue, if you have a good memory.  

In its later years, this entity would be known for "classic rock" but at its inception, would be the modern day version of a key source for new and emerging artists and their music in concert.  It ran from 1973 until just a few years ago; the last 15 years or so, however, were re-broadcasts.  Seriously, this entity was on the vanguard.   

ID the entity.  
    Bonus:  The archives  have been acquired by what entity?  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Now for something completely different (ID this entity)

Has nothing to do with Ashford and Simpson ... whom I know very little about.  

Excellent guess, Slim.  But not the answer that fits the question ... so it's still up for grabs.   

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here's a guess:

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Mr Mojo,

You get more awesome with every post!   Great job!  I am howling here. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Y'know, the answer had popped into my head but then I drifted way back to the original King Biscuit Time radio show with Sonny Boy Williamson (Rice Miller), the great blues harpist. The "Flower Hour" derived it's name from this other radio show, which was sponsored by King Biscuit Flour. I looked up King Biscuit Time and found it is the longest running daily American radio broadcast in history. So my interest in the blues led me astray from the answer. So near and yet so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jH6WkydTMk&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9775B095CD2C018C

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Now for something completely different (ID this entity):
    [QUOTE]Y'know, the answer had popped into my head but then I drifted way back to the original King Biscuit Time radio show with Sonny Boy Williamson (Rice Miller), the great blues harpist. The "Flower Hour" derived it's name from this other radio show, which was sponsored by King Biscuit Flour. I looked up King Biscuit Time and found it is the longest running daily American radio broadcast in history. So my interest in the blues led me astray from the answer. So near and yet so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jH6WkydTMk&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9775B095CD2C018C
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]Thank you, and true. So close ...  Yet, it's amazing, if not downright astounding that a radio show, King Biscuit Time, could have the history that it has and lasted as long as it has -- what a testament to the quality and dedication of a program like that.   
    I love learning about old radio shows and how they influenced the audio experience of the past, before the audio experience got so over run with video (or visuals).   Thank you for the connection, DD.  Apparently, the largest free blues festival in the south got its start due to the original radio show as well as the new, King Biscuit Flower Hour program.  So interesting.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Thanks for the great trivia question Yoga.I used to listen to it all the time along with the syndicated Dr. Demento show.
       So,who was the entity that acquired the archives?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the great trivia question Yoga.I used to listen to it all the time along with the syndicated Dr. Demento show.    So,who was the entity that acquired the archives?
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]Nice job, and glad it took you to good memories of great radio listening.  I really love the name of that radio show.  

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention who acquired the archives:  Wolfgang's Vault.

Now this was really fun for me to learn, since I listen to some of the offerings on the Vault and also signed up for their email list a while back; I get notifications from them all the time.   

I had no idea where all the old concert material came from until I read about it yesterday, and it all came full circle for me.   Made sense, too.  :D

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the great trivia question Yoga.I used to listen to it all the time along with the syndicated Dr. Demento show.    So,who was the entity that acquired the archives?
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

You've all probably guessed by now that I was a big fan of the Dr. Demento radio show also.

Wierd Al Yankovic's 'Eat It' ,"Smells Like Nirvana" and Julie Brown's 'The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun' are big favorites of mine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now for something completely different (ID this entity) : You've all probably guessed by now that I was a big fan of the Dr. Demento radio show also. Wierd Al Yankovic's 'Eat It' ,"Smells Like Nirvana" and Julie Brown's 'The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun' are big favorites of mine.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of Wierd Al too.Probably my 2 favorites by him are "Weasel Stomping day"
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k76IGLi6jWI

and "The Saga begins"(Star Wars tribute sung to American Pie)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Now for something completely different (ID this entity) : Nice job, and glad it took you to good memories of great radio listening.  I really love the name of that radio show.   Oh, yes, I forgot to mention who acquired the archives:   Wolfgang's Vault. Now this was really fun for me to learn, since I listen to some of the offerings on the Vault and also signed up for their email list a while back; I get notifications from them all the time.    I had no idea where all the old concert material came from until I read about it yesterday, and it all came full circle for me.   Made sense, too.  :D
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

That's really interesting.I looked it up on Wikipedia because I'd never heard of Wolfgang's Vault.Pretty nice it's named after Bill Graham,I didn't realize his name was Wolfgang(so is Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertenelli's son).I'm going to look into it,I'd like to find out more about it.