OK, I'll put this out there. Who watches Glee?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

OK, I'll put this out there. Who watches Glee?

I do and I enjoy it.  So I'm a Jack wagon in Namby Pamby land.  I'm OK with it.  It's one of the freshest and best shows on Free TV. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: OK, I'll put this out there. Who watches Glee?

All respect to you t-Cal, but I have never watched it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I love Jane Lynch. I think she's hilarious. In fact, I used to say that I would watch anything with Jane Lynch in it.

But that turned out not to be true.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: OK, I'll put this out there. Who watches Glee?:
    I love Jane Lynch. I think she's hilarious. In fact, I used to say that I would watch anything with Jane Lynch in it. But that turned out not to be true.
    Posted by p-mike

She is defiantly a large part of the shows genius.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to OK, I'll put this out there. Who watches Glee?:
    I do and I enjoy it.  So I'm a Jack wagon in Namby Pamby land.  I'm OK with it.  It's one of the freshest and best shows on Free TV. 
    Posted by tcal2-

Just how much "weed weed weed" must one smoke, to first think this and then be wasted enough to post it.  

Put down the bong you're getting delusional.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The only thing I watch on T.V. anymore besides the Red Sox is the History Channel series "Ancient Aliens" , the news, weather and sports news, and the occasional NFL game.

Having grown up during the greatest era of television , I find it difficult to watch the garbage that passes for network T.V. these days. I long for the days of the great standup comedians, the sitcoms that were actually funny and cop shows that made you have respect for police officers.

I do not understand the concept of "reality shows", I do not find them very real at all. I'd rather turn on the DVD player and watch repeats of Star Trek and Mission Impossible, the two greatest shows ever made. Either that or watch the Three Stooges or the Marx Bros.

T.V. used to be a platform for the most talented people in our world. Now it seems to be a platform for wannabes, people with no talent who think that just being in front of a camera is all it takes to be a great entertainer. The writers, directors , actors and everyone involved in today's television can't hold a candle to the great actors and writers of the past. Just like today's music cannot even hope o be as prolific and groundbreaking as that of the past. It is mainly just noise and visual candy....no nutritional value, no thought-provoking ideas, just a bunch of ego-maniacs who think they are really something. Our world is truly in a stage of De-evolution.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Honorable Lizard, I am beginning to think that the concept behind reality TV is to make the viewers actually feel better about their own selves.  They can look at the horrifyingly moronic people who populate these shows and say to themselves, "hey...my life may be bad, but at least I'm not _________ from __________." 

Back to the topic at hand: I have never watched Glee.  I find myself watching baseball during the season, and either listening to music on cable (via the channels that broadcast music, not MTV or VH1), watching the MLB Channel, or indulging in my guilty pleasure of watching Discovery, ID, or History channel. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd never heard of Glee before it its actors were in the news recently for something about risqué photo shoots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

tcal, you're not getting much love here, but I'm with you.  Glee provides some stuff you can't get anywhere else on mainstream TV.  In another thread on this forum, someone (was that you too tcal?) gave a link to the Darren Criss/Beelzebubs youtube clip of Teenage Dream, which was a great performance from any a cappella musical point of view (yoga, where are you?) but in the context of the plot line was also a really touching moment, especially for GM fans like me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

tcal, you're not getting much love here, but I'm with you.  Glee provides some stuff you can't get anywhere else on mainstream TV.  In another thread on this forum, someone (was that you too tcal?) gave a link to the Darren Criss/Beelzebubs youtube clip of Teenage Dream, which was a great performance from any a cappella musical point of view (yoga, where are you?) but in the context of the plot line was also a really touching moment, especially for GM fans like me.
    Posted by gerbs

ha ha, gerbs.

I was maintaiing silence on this ... firstly, b/c GLEE is a TV SHOW.  Not a show that music lovers would listen to, IMHO.  It's TV first, music second.   So this should have been in the TV forum.   (sorry Tcal, I don't mean any disrespect to you, you're very cool)

The music on GLEE, if that's what you want, can be found elsewhere, where you don't have to sit through the show.  Again, it's a TV show. 

Where were all the GLEE lovers when SDM and I and others were talking about REAL acapella music, where were they then?  I have made it very clear I listened to acapella music, sang it, and love it far before GLEE was on the air.   I am a total geek and admit it.  Been in glee clubs all through my school years, and the kids were not a bunch of outcasts.   Well, not all of us.  Embarassed  The show falls back on cliches and sterotyping, the "moral of the week" and that has nothing to do with music.  So there you go.  That's why I don't watch GLEE.
    But I still love ya, gerbs.Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Sorry , I got carried away.

No, I do not watch this show.

Sorry about the rant, I am having a bad day with people today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Well put Yoga. I tried to watch it once, and lasted about 10 minutes. I do agree that Jane Lynch is great, but it's not enough to keep me interested. On a somewhat related note, I was kind of psyched about the Sing Off show, and then the first two performances were Lady Gaga and Justin Beirber? songs and it was game over for me then and there. I might check it out again sometime, I love acapella, but not so much if I don't like the song in the first place, since most all of it is covers. Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I love Jane Lynch. I think she's hilarious. In fact, I used to say that I would watch anything with Jane Lynch in it. But that turned out not to be true.
    Posted by p-mike

Didn't see also play the therapsit on Two and Half Men?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: OK, I'll put this out there. Who watches Glee? : Didn't see also play the therapsit on Two and Half Men?
    Posted by jesseyeric

That's how I learned about her talents...I believe she was nominated for an emmy for her role on that show. She has done a lot of other stuff including Boston Legal and Criminal Minds where she plays Dr. Reids mother, and a slew of movies including Best in Show which was pretty damn funny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

100% valid points, yoga (as usual). Smile  One of the great things about this place is that we can all be purists (even elitists in the most positive sense), and knowledgable enough not to settle for imitations of the real musical thing.  And yet there are so many others that could learn to love some of the music that we love if they have an entree into it that they can still relate to.  Many of the classical ensembles that I have played/sung with struggle with this same concept of audience-building.  Once you get people into the building, you can keep at least some of them coming back, you just have to get them in that first time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

being a fan of campy stuff such as glee i watched it when it first came on and urged my 18 yo daughter to do the same, but she would have none of it, then she went off to college and roomed with a huge fan, so now it is her favorite show, i havent watched it for quite some time, but my main point is that it pisses her off that all the songs from the show are ones i know, allowing me to sing along and totally ruin it for her

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Well put Yoga. I tried to watch it once, and lasted about 10 minutes. I do agree that Jane Lynch is great, but it's not enough to keep me interested. On a somewhat related note, I was kind of psyched about the Sing Off show, and then the first two performances were Lady Gaga and Justin Beirber? songs and it was game over for me then and there. I might check it out again sometime, I love acapella, but not so much if I don't like the song in the first place, since most all of it is covers.
    Posted by softwareDevMusician

SDM,
    I'm going to pull up the acapella thread to further discuss this. 
    Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

100% valid points, yoga (as usual).   One of the great things about this place is that we can all be purists (even elitists in the most positive sense), and knowledgable enough not to settle for imitations of the real musical thing.  And yet there are so many others that could learn to love some of the music that we love if they have an entree into it that they can still relate to.  Many of the classical ensembles that I have played/sung with struggle with this same concept of audience-building.  Once you get people into the building, you can keep at least some of them coming back, you just have to get them in that first time.
    Posted by gerbs

Excellent point (our mutual admiration society is a very nice way to start the day!)
    Smile
    From that standpoint, when any art form, musical genre, etc., becomes interesting, enticing, fun, or just plain pleasing to someone, no matter how it was introduced, it's fantastic.   We've all been to movies where there is fantastic music,  via a soundtrack that introduces us to music (for me, this is certainly the case when the soundtrack is classical).  And I certainly don't knock TV in general to "reach the masses" on just about anything, and that includes music, dance, history, science, the list goes on.   

As for the forum, yes,  I think it's great for the very same reasons.   The regulars here are so awesome,  I am always interested in what they have to say, and I come here to learn and have my musical awareness expanded.  
    Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Posted by gerbs

gerbs, I knew I was kicking a hornets nest on this one but I wanted to mix it up a bit.  This board can get a bit stale at times.  I'm secure enough in my coolness, and fighting abilities :), to admit I can be a geek at times.  Hell I remember watching year 1 of 21 Jump St. and Dawson's Creek.  That in itself is amazing since I did enough coke,acid,valium,shrooms and booze in the 80's to kill multiple herds of Elephants.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from borack. Show borack's posts

people with the IQ of an amoeba.
    luckily, for network TV that target group makes up the majority of these united states.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: OK, I'll put this out there. Who watches Glee? : SDM, I'm going to pull up the acapella thread to further discuss this. 
    Posted by yogafriend

Bring it....Cool

Sections
Shortcuts