OK You told about your worst concert, Now tell your best

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: OK You told about your worst concert, Now tell your best

In Response to Re: OK You told about your worst concert, Now tell your best:

In Response to Re: OK You told about your worst concert, Now tell your best : I wasn't talking to you.   And I think the person I was addressing is quite capable of speaking for himself.   And if you saw what I saw in the way of music, you'd understand why I mentioned it.  Trite as this sounds, it was a mind-altering experience.   It was a musical performance that I will never experience again, truly once in a lifetime.  I kicked your butt about Jagged Little Pill, that is probably the real issue here.   Don't mess with me.   You don't know who you're dealing with.  :)
    Posted by yogafriend

::shakes fist menacingly::

Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: OK You told about your worst concert, Now tell your best : Can only imagine what it was like to see Neil Young at that time (or any time, for that matter).  Sounds like it was amazing.    Especially a Bridge School benefit.  Doesn't get more special than that.  Sweet. 
    Posted by yogafriend

It was an amazing experience given the events of the day. I have seen a lot of concerts in my life, but that one will always be memorable. Young was very talkative that night, as were all of the performers. The atmosphere was real apprehensive when we arrived, but it soon turned into kind of an amazing healing process for all involved. A special night indeed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Pearl Jam in Mansfield a couple of years ago - great, great, show.

Eric Clapton at Mansfield a few years ago when he was promoting the CD of Robert Johnson songs

The Dead and Dylan on the old Sullivan Stadium - The All Along the Watchtower was simply amazing and I was mostly drug free.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's very difficult to choose just one, but the one that is most vivid in my memory was Bruce Springsteen at the Boston Garden during The River tour in December of 1980. The show itself was fantastic -- even by the lofty standards that applied to Springsteen in those days (and may still, for all I know) -- but what I specifically remember was having to drive through a raging blizzard to get there, fearing all the while that the show might be postponed due to the inclement wheather.

It was not, and although the band came on almost an hour late, it was well worth the wait. They played two sets of roughly 90 minutes each and to this day it remains the single most energetic show I've ever seen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: OK You told about your worst concert, Now tell your best : I'm not sure.   Maybe the way you fall in love with one person, even though there are beautiful, amazing, inspiring people all around you.  yogi / peace / out - have a sweet day. 
    Posted by yogafriend

I love music more than anything, but different music and different bands inspire different feelings. But the love of music can never match the love of a woman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

There were two that really stand out in my mind. The first was a show that my gf at the time really wanted to see be cause she really loved kiss. I didn't really care one way or the other about kiss, but I took her because I was in love. It turned out that the opening act was Little Feat, and they played an amazing set. Kiss won me over that night as well. The other one was a ZZ Top show where Brownsville Station was the opening act (Smokin' In The Boys' Room). But that might have had something to do with the big ball of opium we smoked before the show... Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: OK You told about your worst concert, Now tell your best : Wow, that is a heaping helping of guitar licks. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

During BOC's encore of Smoke on the water Hfx someone threw a Molotov cocktail bomb from the upper deck of Giant Stadium.  Freaking sick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's some memorable encore!  Yikes - what happened next?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Funny thing kargiver (besides my spelling) the show went on without a hitch.  Aerosmith came on and rocked the house.  Another interesting tibit about that day is the beginning part of GNR Paradise City video was filmed at that concert.  There is a shot of Axel from his left and in it you can see my girlfriend (at the time) dancing in the stands behind him.  She the hot girl with the big hair.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pigboy27. Show pigboy27's posts

Led Zep - 1969,Framingham Melody Tent, a few hundred people in the audience,almost collapsed the tent during "Communication Breakdown". One year later they played sold out Boston Garden,were huge by then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Funny thing kargiver (besides my spelling) the show went on without a hitch.  Aerosmith came on and rocked the house.  Another interesting tibit about that day is the beginning part of GNR Paradise City video was filmed at that concert.  There is a shot of Axel from his left and in it you can see my girlfriend (at the time) dancing in the stands behind him.  She the hot girl with the big hair.
    Posted by tcal2-

Cool about your gf in the video!  What about the fire?

(Welcome, pigboy!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from indygreen. Show indygreen's posts

u2 at the orpheum for the War album tour
    echo and the bunnymen at the channel
    ac/dc at the orpheum for the back and black tour 
    Rossington Collins band also at the orpheum great show that ended with Freebird without vocals

hard to pick a best one but these 4 stick out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from indygreen. Show indygreen's posts

U2 @ the orpheum during the War tour

other great shows at the orpheum:

ac/dc for the back in black tour
    Rossington Collins band, closed with Freebird w/out vocals
    b52's i thought the balcony was going to collapse

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

so many.

The pogues show at Avalon with Joe Strummer as someone previously mentioned is a standout..Maybe the best

The Pixies at the Paradise back around 1986

Midnight Oil at Avalon about 1988 or so.

Joe Jackson at the Paradise aroudn 2005.

I am not good with dates as I have seen so many great shows

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

so many. The pogues show at Avalon with Joe Strummer as someone previously mentioned is a standout..Maybe the best The Pixies at the Paradise back around 1986 Midnight Oil at Avalon about 1988 or so. Joe Jackson at the Paradise aroudn 2005. I am not good with dates as I have seen so many great shows
    Posted by leafswin27

Midnight Oil, great band. Put on some amazing shows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Janes Addiction - Ritual tour - Pensacola, FL - 1990

Radiohead - Amnesiac tour - Grant Park, Chicago, 2001

Both equally transcendent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Phish....10/31/94 Glens Falls, NY Halloween show.  They played the entire White Album for set 2.

Phish....12/31/99.  Big Cypress, FL Millenium show.  185,000 people watched them jam until the sun came up.

Sections
Shortcuts