One toke over the line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

One toke over the line

I thought I'd start a thread where everyone can list a few of their favorite lines from a song.Mine would be:

Rolling Stones - Sweet Virginia : "Got to scrape that s**t right off your shoe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa3uNiUCrp0

Led Zeppelin - Battle of Evermore : "The pain of war can not exceed the woe of aftermath"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW6xaDGmffQ

Pat Benetar - Hell is for Children : "Love and pain become one in the same in the eyes of a wounded child" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYsi5Y-xOQ&feature=related

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: One toke over the line

"I don't look like Satan, but I am to them"- Neil Young- 'Rockin' In The Free World'

"Blame it on Cain, don't blame it on me. It's nobody's fault, but we need somebody to burn."- Elvis Costello -'Blame It On Cain'

"You are the dummies of another frightened nation. I am a candidate for elevation. When I woke up this morning I'd lost all sensation...all sensation. Don't look for tomorrow , it's given you the slip. That's all contained on a silicon chip. So get them, get him, but don't get me to fill up your empty lives....your emprt lives.....your empty lives...- Graham Parker -'Empty Lives'

"I can't keep up with what's been going down. I think my heart must just be slowing down. Among the human beings, in their designer jeans. Am I the only one who hears the screams and the strangled cries of lawyers in love.- Jackson Browne- 'Lawyers In Love.'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Also :

He thinks it's not kosher

Fundamentally he can't take it

You know he really hates it!

Rock in the Casbah, Rock in the Casbah---the Clash

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Love that line from "Sweet Virginia"...demands to be sung out loud.

Add:

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl / Year after year / Running over the same old ground / And how we found / The same old fears / Wish you were here." - Pink Floyd

"Had a dream / It was time / To be taken to the front of the line / Well, that is not a place you wanna be / Sleeping with the enemy / You know." - Roger Hodgson

"One day we'll all be ghosts / Trippin' around someone else's home / One day we'll all be ghosts / Ghosts, ghosts, ghosts / ... One day we'll all be found / No longer lost and just hangin' around / One day we'll all be found / Found, found, found." - The Head And The Heart

"She told me she was working for the ABS News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use / Her perfume was unspeakable / It lingered in the air / Like her artificial laughter / Her mementos of affairs." - Elvis Costello

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"It took me a long time, to find out my mistakes

Took me a long time, to find out my mistakes

But I bet you my bottom dollar, I'm not fattenin' no more frogs for snakes."

-Sonny Boy Williamson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

"I am human and I need to be loved,

Just like everybody else does."

-The Smiths

"Free at last!  They took your life,

They could not take your pride."

-U2

"Holy Moses, let us live in peace,

Let us strive to find a way to make all hatred cease.

There's a man over there - what's his color, I don't care,

He's my brother, let us live in peace!"

-Elton John/Bernie Taupin

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It was Christmas Eve, babe...

In the drunk tank...

Those opening lines from the Pogues' Fairytale of New York get me every time.  Of course you have to hear the lines sung by Shane MacGowan.  The way he sings the first line is a perfect setup for the way he sings the second.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

It was Christmas Eve, babe...

In the drunk tank...

Those opening lines from the Pogues' Fairytale of New York get me every time.  Of course you have to hear the lines sung by Shane MacGowan.  The way he sings the first line is a perfect setup for the way he sings the second.

Tremendous song.. I could go on and on about Shane's lyrics in his early years

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Having been born in 1958, the lyrics to Civil War by Guns and Roses have stuck with me since the first day I heard it. It literally is the verse of my generation:

D'you wear a black armband
    When they shot the man
    Who said "Peace could last forever"
    And in my first memories
    They shot Kennedy
    I went numb when I learned to see
    So I never fell for Vietnam
    We got the wall of D.C. to remind us all
    That you can't trust freedom
    When it's not in your hands
    When everybody's fightin'
    For their promised land

This song aside, there are a hundred other songs I could name.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Everybody's at war these days. Let's have a mini surrender. I need some Sentimental Hygiene.

Everybody's joining up to fight for the right to be wrong I need some Sentimental Hygiene.

Warren Zevon

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts