Overplayed Beatles Songs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Overplayed Beatles Songs

This may be an impossibility for some folks here, but honestly - after close to fifty years almost any song can over stay its welcome in our waking consciousness.  We may not HATE these songs or even change the station when they come on, but they are songs you don't really need to hear any time soon. 

So, here's 5 to start as I extend my wrist to be summarily slapped:

Lady Madonna (h/t yoga)
    Yesterday
    The Ballad Of John & Yoko
    Twist And Shout
    Drive My Car

Bonus: Birthday

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Overplayed Beatles Songs

YELLOW SUBMARINE
    hey jude
    let it be
    come together
    twist and shout

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey Jude
    Can't Buy Me Love
    Let It Be

A Little Help From My Friends
    Please, Please Me

Here are my 5, but I really don't have an issue with the last two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin. Show leafswin's posts

Hey Jude and Let it Be. Can't listen to either anymore

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Overplayed where?

I rarely hear any Beatles songs on the radio when I'm on stations that you would think would play them.

In fact, these Beatles threads have been great for me. I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've listened to my Beatles collection, so I've been listening to them lately and they all seem fresh. It's been great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Yes I was at work all by myself the other day and plugged in the I-POD and played the Beatles on shuffle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Twist and Shout.....played in about 10 movies, at every wedding i've attended, and regularly on just about every radio station.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

hello, goodbye. every day on b101

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Lennon's vocal on Twist and Shout could be played over and over again until my ears bleed and they would still sound fresh and amazing.....

Sorry, now go rattle your jewelry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Good point.... But I would not hesitate to say that they owned it with their cover version.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Thirty-some years ago I fought valiantly to stop my  high school graduating class from adopting In My Life as what we called, back then, our "Class Song." Yes . . .  we get it . . .  you wrote a song that was specifically designed to be remembered for . . .  ummmm . . .   being remembered. And yes . . .  my peers fell for it. Congratulations.

It was "played" (and played) then, and I can't imagine it's gotten any less annoying in the ensuing years.

If it weren't for such ridiculous fake psychedelic effluvia as . . . . oh . . .   I don't know . . .  I am the Walrus or Strawberry Fields or (worst of all) Lucy in the Sky . . .   In My Life might just be the worst Beatles transgression of all time.

But then again . . .  there are so many.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I was almost going it's impossible to overplay any Beatles song. But I've got to agree on Hey Jude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Overplayed Beatles Songs:
    [QUOTE]Overplayed where? I rarely hear any Beatles songs on the radio when I'm on stations that you would think would play them. In fact, these Beatles threads have been great for me. I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've listened to my Beatles collection, so I've been listening to them lately and they all seem fresh. It's been great.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    I heard two Beatles songs in one day over the weekend.  The minute I turned on the radio to listen to WERS, an acapella version of "Sgt Pepper's LHC" came on (awesome version, too).   Later I heard "Yellow Submarine"  (won't say if I turned that one off or not, but I did hear it).  
    As an aside, when I parked my car, I parked next to someone with Red Sox license plates.   Why did I notice that?  I spend a lot of time here.

Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Hey Jude
    Let It Be

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I can understand why some would find Hey Jude to be overplayed.  Personally I don't change the channel when I hear it.  I still love the melody and Paul's vocal after all these years.  The singalong is the part where I might get tempted to reach for the dial.    

Sections
Shortcuts