Part 1: Your starting your own Super Band, of course, [ ] is your drummer.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Part 1: Your starting your own Super Band, of course, [ ] is your drummer.

Neil Peart.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Part 1: Your starting your own Super Band, of course, [ ] is your drummer.

Carl Palmer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Since the top 2 choices among the living are taken already, I'll reach into R&R heaven for John Bonham.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ian Paice

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Two votes for Neil Peart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Ginger Baker or Keith Moon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Well, since Peart and Palmer are taken, Bill Bruford and Billy Cobham. Billy Kilson, who plays with trumpet master Chris Botti, is better than all of them. There is a theme here. I got to see him live, close to the stage, and my heart has never beaten faster.  This is a fairly long video, but patience pays off here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZu5M5nVzhA

or if you want the short version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1m72DpaWxE&feature=related

It's hard to find any answer to this level of musicianship.

Stewart Copeland and Graham Lear (Santana) would be my fallbacks. Chester Thompson deserves mention. Rik from Def Leppard, because he refuses to stop despite losing an arm. If could only bottle that kind of courage...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Cozy Powell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

1) Peart 2) Bonham 3) Baker

...out of those not yet chosen:

Mitch Mitchell or Danny Carey

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

David Grohl

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i am having a tough time with this one. i'd have to go with tim from frizzle fry era primus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Phenomenal names mentioned, you would all have great foundations to work from. But I'm going to steal away a guy that's still with us, Carter Beauford of the Dave Mathews Band. Sorry Dave!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Part 1: Your starting your own Super Band, of course, [ ] is your drummer.:
    [QUOTE]Phenomenal names mentioned, you would all have great foundations to work from. But I'm going to steal away a guy that's still with us, Carter Beauford of the Dave Mathews Band. Sorry Dave!
    Posted by newman09[/QUOTE]

Good choice.  I've maintained for some time that Carter is that band's not-so-secret weapon - a bit underrated, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Pete Thomas

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

John Bonham, Ginger Baker or Keith Moon -- who ever's sober at the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am giving a shout out to Rick Allen. D*mn, the guy has but one arm.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Butch Trucks
    Carter Beauford
    Neil Peart

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jim Keltner.

Sections
Shortcuts