Part Four: Who's your Front Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Part Four: Who's your Front Man

Here it is, the icing on the cake.  Who's the front man/woman of your Super Band.

Bruce Dickinson

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Part Four: Who's your Front Man

Daltrey

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I've posted this before.

I've always thought Roger Daltry was the quintessential rock front man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yeah, really you could pick all four members of The Who and not go wrong.  I tried to go with less obvious choices with my other picks but Daltrey is the best...he's got some showmanship but delivering the vocals to the max is his  focus.

Bruce Dickinson is very good as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Springsteen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Freddie Mercury. Roger would be number 2 on my list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Mick ... Roger may have a better voice, but for songwriting and stage presents you got to go with Mick

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I am!!  I've always had that fantasy!  I'd have gone into music, but I have asthma and can't always count on my voice to be what it should.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Freddie, Freddie, Freddie, Freddie

The best voice; the greatest stage presence and as good a writer as there was.

All you have to do is see his performance at Live Aid at Wembley to see what I mean.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i'd probably go with mick or freddie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I will give a shout out to Axl. He could have been something special. David Bowie could also front any super group.

Also, Alice Cooper and Iggy Pop were and are amazing frontmen, but I can see not listing them for the type of supergroup we are conjecturing upon.

Here is a thought - what about John Lennon? He sang lead vocals in 50 % of the Beatles music and was actually a pretty fair guitarist (rythm) to boot.

I think this Supergroup needs a rythm guitarist and second lead vocalist. Oh, btw, he isn't a bad composer either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Freddy

Plant

Bono

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: Part Four: Who's your Front Man:
    [QUOTE]what about John Lennon? He sang lead vocals in 50 % of the Beatles music and was actually a pretty fair guitarist (rythm) to boot.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

i was thinking of saying sir paul...i already called him as a bassist. in terms of musicianship and vocal ability i think he's got it all. he can howl with the best of them, and turn around and sound like a choirboy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Jim Morrison, unreliable when drugged out/ drunk, but when he was on he definitely had the ability to take over the venue

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Jim Morrison is a great choice.

But, I am going to go way away from the norm here and pick a guy who I always admired but no one else would ever think of naming.

I figure with a lineup like Cozy Powell on drums, Jack Bruce on bass and Ritchie Blackmore on guitar , I must have a voice like Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot or Ronnie James Dio.

I'll go with Dubrow, mainly because if I pick Dio, my "supergroup" is starting to look alot like the early Rainbow. Not that this is a bad thing, but I am shooting for a little diversity here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Jagger or Plant - Mick is the archetype; Plant is the sonic banshee.

But overall, I would have to go with James Brown - he has so many countless imitators, but there will never be another one like him.  The T.A.M.I. Show proves it...the power he wielded over his audiences was absolute and the amount of energy in one Brown performance could fuel a dozen folk-rock concerts and more....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Mick is the obvious choice, but I am going Joe Cocker. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

The guy in the top left of this post.  Or perhaps Layne Staley. 

Actually, it's pretty hard to say.  Front man, but for what sort of band?

If it's my kind of hard rock...well  either Layne Staley,  or a cross between Layne Staley and Axl Rose.

(Axl himself I only liked in the early concerts.  87-90.  He got wayyyyy too wierd and full of himself.  And the love of God you cannot put out top vocals if you're sprinting 20 miles every concert!)