Paul has R-E-S-P-E-C-T

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Paul has R-E-S-P-E-C-T

FYI  --  Is this classy or what?  :)

October 29, 2011
    (AP) DETROIT - During a summer visit to a Motown recording studio, former Beatle Paul McCartney wanted to run his fingers along an 1877 Steinway grand piano played by some Detroit music greats he considers idols.
    "He was disappointed when we told him it didn't play," Motown Historical Museum chief executive Audley Smith Jr., told The Detroit News for a story Saturday.
    Undaunted, the legendary rock and roller from England told museum officials following a July concert at Comerica Park that he wanted to help restore it.
    On Monday, the piano will be picked up from the Detroit museum and shipped to Steinway & Sons in New York for restoration. The work is expected to take up to five months.
    The piano company has to assess the piano's condition before a cost can be determined.
    "Steinway & Sons is honored to restore the historic Steinway piano that was used by such legends as Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson and Stevie Wonder — and to do so in the very same New York factory where it was originally built in 1877," Steinway & Sons President of Americas Ron Losby told the newspaper in a statement.
    "We're especially proud, as an American company, to help the Motown Museum in preserving the legacy of the Motown Record Company, whose artists and albums played such a vital role in one of the great eras of American music."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Paul has R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Paul is a fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Halloween avatar!  Surprise!  :D

One day special of me in my Halloween costume as a skeletal yogini doing a scorpion pose.  I aspire to this pose, and it's a killer -- can you tell!?   

ETA: Spooky.  Why is my post appearing before Hfx's when this is a response to his post?  I doubt it's my avatar causing the problem, or is it?  I give up.   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

New avatar for yogafriend!
    But now we don't get to see that pretty face anymore.Cry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If I ever tried to do that I'm afraid my body would be permanently messed up.

The yoga position, not repairing the piano.

After they restore the piano, maybe they'll invite other rock and roll greats ( the ones still alive , of course) to play it...not Pete Townsend , though, BECAUSE...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Well, Halloween is over, and so is my "avatar costume"   --  otherwise, I'd be calling 911 by now ... :D

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Paul has R-E-S-P-E-C-T:
    [QUOTE]Halloween avatar!  Surprise!   :D One day special of me in my Halloween costume as a skeletal yogini doing a scorpion pose.  I aspire to this pose, and it's a killer -- can you tell!?    ETA: Spooky.  Why is my post appearing before Hfx's when this is a response to his post?  I doubt it's my avatar causing the problem, or is it?  I give up.   :)
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

The thoughts going through my mind right now. Just terrible and I should be ashamed.

Sections
Shortcuts