Paul McCartney: "They Say it's your Birthday"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Paul McCartney: "They Say it's your Birthday"

It's Paul's 71st birthday today -- June 18th.    Paul McCartney was in the Beatles.  :)  

"At 71, Sir Paul is still rocking out harder than musicians half his age. Case in point, he plays for nearly three hours straight on his current tour, Out There.

For the young ones who might not know or if you've been living under a rock, Paul McCartney was in The Beatles and Wings ... and he brought us timeless classics like "Hey Jude," "Yesterday," "Band On The Run," "Live And Let Die" and many, many, many more. He's also been knighted by Queen Elizabeth II and is known for his vegetarianism and support of animals.

While we'd really like to give him 71 hugs in honor of his special day, we settled for scouring the Internet for 71 Beatles GIFs to help us all celebrate."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/18/beatles-gifs-paul-mccartney-birthday_n_3455393.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Paul McCartney:

"Maybe I'm Amazed" & "The Back Seat of My Car" are still Sir Paul's solo high points for me.

He may be one of the few elevated Brit rock stars who seems to both respect and properly inhabit his knighthood, fwiw.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

1985 was one of my faves from the wings

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Today was the sort of day to listen to "Junk" (or "Singalone Junk") -- a McCartney song I've always liked.

Happy Birthday to Paul.   

"I am no fan of perfection."  Ada Louise Huxtable  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Saw a sweet profile of the very talented fashion designer, Stella McCartney.   Paul is quite proud of her.  There were a few comments from Paul's tandem interview woven into the interview with Stella.   As you all know, Stella is the spitting image of her father and a lovely, very attractive, spirited woman.   It can't be easy be the daughter of um, famous parents, but she's managed to pull it off with aplomb.

Paul said he sometimes calls himself "Stella's father" and now that he's 71, when younger girls / women approach him, it isn't because he's "Paul McCartney" it's to ask about Stella (ha ha) and he feels like saying, "I'm famous, too ... remember"  -- very cute.    It was fun to see that McCartney's offspring has been making it, her way, and is recognized with a new generation.   

Funny, but I saw some of Stella McCartney's fashion line in a store last weekend, but it's way above my pay grade.   Nice, though.  :)   

"I am no fan of perfection."  Ada Louise Huxtable  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's funny that with McCartney I have some very mixed feelings.

Yes , he has written some really great Beatles classics. However, most of my really favorite Beatles songs are by John and also George. Examples 'Come Together', 'Glass Onion' , 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', 'Taxman', 'Strawberry Fields Forever'and 'I Am The Walrus.'

I absolutely love the Wings LPs 'Band On The Run' , 'London Town' and 'Venus And Mars', most of the other Wings LPs have some real stinkers on them or just plain stink altogether. Examples: Wildlife and At the Speed Of Sound.

His solo albums have many really great songs, though.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

It's funny that with McCartney I have some very mixed feelings.

Yes , he has written some really great Beatles classics. However, most of my really favorite Beatles songs are by John and also George. Examples 'Come Together', 'Glass Onion' , 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps', 'Taxman', 'Strawberry Fields Forever'and 'I Am The Walrus.'

I absolutely love the Wings LPs 'Band On The Run' , 'London Town' and 'Venus And Mars', most of the other Wings LPs have some real stinkers on them or just plain stink altogether. Examples: Wildlife and At the Speed Of Sound.

His solo albums have many really great songs, though.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

Zilla, I'm with you. I love Paul, always have and will. But my favorite Beatle songs are mostly John. "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away," "Across the Universe," "Cry Baby Cry," "Revolution," "Day Tripper," to name a few.

But of all the Beatle solo songs, "Maybe I'm Amazed" is by far my favorite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Lloyd, my favorite Beatle solo songs are again mostly John and George ; 'Working Class Hero', 'Instant Karma', 'Give Peace A Chance', 'God' , 'Cold Turkey', 'I'm Losing You','Watching The Wheels','Nobody Told Me', 'What Is Life','Beware Of Darkness', 'Awaiting On You All.'

Sections
Shortcuts