Paul Weller, the Modfather, Part 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Paul Weller, the Modfather, Part 1

I planned to create a thread for Paul Weller, strictly related to him as a musician, but got detoured today when, out of the blue,  I saw a news piece  on Weller's wife, Hannah Andrews, who is pregnant.  The news was caused by Andrews' posting a nude "selfie" on Twitter.     hahahah.   Another day, another selfie, right?

I thought I'd report on this first, and write  the music thread as Part 2.   I knew nothing about Weller's personal life until today.   

Paul Weller puts the "father" in Modfather.   Weller is 55 years old, still rocking, touring, recording, and wildly popular.  

Hannah Andrews, his wife since 2010,  is 25 years old.   He has a few other kids (and he loves them all) from previous relationships; the new baby will be child number 7.   

Talking to The Mirror in 2012, Weller opened up about being a father, as well as his decision to have children in his '50's:

‘You get certain people who go “Ooh, seven children with four women” and all that,’ he said. ‘But I don’t care, man. I love all my kids. They’re all special and I wouldn’t have it any other way. 

‘I don’t mean that in a morbid way but, because of the age difference between me and my wife, I really want to leave part of me with her, so there’s that as well.’

Okay, so there you are.   Tomorrow: Part 2, the MOD.    :)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2381813/Paul-Wellers-wife-Hannah-Andrews-posts-selfie-gravity-defying-baby-bump.html#ixzz2aeLUT96m 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Paul Weller, the Modfather, Part 1

I'm glad for him that he is richer than me.

I am Weller's age with 0 children. I'd probaly be broke if I even had one.

Much like Rod Stewart , it is all well and good to father children well into middle and old age. Many of us are physically able, but financially ....I mean you want your kids to have a better life, right? How do you expect to do that unless you are rich and famous in today's economy?

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Much like Rod Stewart , it is all well and good to father children well into middle and old age. Many of us are physically able, but financially ....I mean you want your kids to have a better life, right? How do you expect to do that unless you are rich and famous in today's economy?

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

Hi Zilla.  I don't buy it i.e. what does "better life" mean?  Children don't need much in financial terms to have happy, successful lives.  They need to be shown they're loved physically and verbally, paid attention to, educated well, fed proper food, encouraged to exercise, etc.   I have had the means to give my two children far more in financial/gift/toy terms than I have because I've refused to spoil them with nonsense.  They have both been spoiled for attention, and that is infinititely more difficult and valuable to give to children.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Hi Zilla.  I don't buy it i.e. what does "better life" mean?  Children don't need much in financial terms to have happy, successful lives.  They need to be shown they're loved physically and verbally, paid attention to, educated well, fed proper food, encouraged to exercise, etc.   I have had the means to give my two children far more in financial/gift/toy terms than I have because I've refused to spoil them with nonsense.  They have both been spoiled for attention, and that is infinititely more difficult and valuable to give to children.

Agreed. But, when you are a working man/woman and need to work long hours to pay your bills, you are usually in a position to give neither time nor money. I honestly would have loved to spend more hours with my dad when I was younger, but he was always working....I have become much like my father except I don't own a business, I work as many hours as I can get, and spend my vacation time doing repairs and maintenance at home. It was not until I reached 18 and went to work for my father ( for 10 years) that I actually go to know him and enjoy being with him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Oops.  I forgot I was going to write a Part 2.   Oh well.   I got started on Paul Weller because he was in the news (touring and new album) and when he came to America recently for a short tour, out of the 6 cities he chose to play, Boston was included.   

As for Weller and his brood, it does help to marry (or bed) women who are a good deal younger, because it would not be doable if he were with women closer to his own age.   His current wife is 30 years younger.   

As for kids and money, you do what my parents did: when the kid wants something, you say, "get a job and pay for it yourself"  (well, when they are old enough, at least).   Glad you got to know your father, Zilla.   My father worked very hard, too -- and when he was home, he was either puttering around the house, trying to catch up on some reading, watching the news ... or taking a nap.   :)   You could hear the snoring in another room, and my family would go into gales of laughter.   A wild and crazy guy (and he did wear stripes and plaid at times), and marched to the beat of his own drummer.  

Now to see if I can write Part 2 ... ??

"I really didn't say everything I said."  Yogi Berra 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

I have always enjoyed Weller. I think his first band "the Jam" is easily one of the most underated bands ever. They did some wonderful stuff. I also enjoyed his work shortly after that with Style Council... He is still bringing it today as has been said..

Sections
Shortcuts