Physical Graffiti or Exile on Main Street?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Physical Graffiti or Exile on Main Street?

In response to polar123's comment:

Studio- American Beauty, Grafeful Dead, Madman Across the Water, Elton John, Regatta De Blanc, Police

Sorry, polar, but this list is a fail...we're looking for double albums from the 70's.  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Great choices so far....The Wall and London Calling would make my 70s list.

I have to add:

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma

Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life

Miles Davis - Bit**es Brew

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything 

Soft Machine - Third

Songs in the Key of Life. yes. May be one of the greatest albums ever made. That album sounds as fresh today as it did when it was released.

Agreed.  Not a bad track on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Of course, three have been mentioned that I should have thought of ...London Calling, Layla and The Wall. I'll add Emerson , Lake and Palmer's , 'Works Vol. 1' and I don't recall that anyone mentioned 'Tommy.'

Tommy was in the Sixties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Studio- American Beauty, Grafeful Dead, Madman Across the Water, Elton John, Regatta De Blanc, Police

Sorry, polar, but this list is a fail...we're looking for double albums from the 70's.  :-)

Hfx, your right :) I did not read Yoga's post carefully. I'lll go with Europe 72 for today...

Add. This is the Moody Blues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Polar rarely makes mistakes.   But you caught him -- and fast.    :P  

Actually, I did say additional (after 70's) favorites could be from any era.     

BTW:

Did the Scorpions ever make a double album?   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

A couple of more double albims Santana "Moon Flower",which was a combination of live and studio songs.More obscure ,but still damn fine albums,Humble Pie "Eat it" and Rare Earth "In Concert" which features a full side version of "Get Ready".

Good catch on Tommy Hfx.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Polar rarely makes mistakes.   But you caught him -- and fast.    :P  

Actually, I did say additional (after 70's) favorites could be from any era.     

BTW:

I make my fair share daily, but thanks :))  The Scorpions released an album back in the late 70's i think called the Tokyo Tapes, a live double album, considered by many fans to be among their best. The album had a track on it, believe it or not called, called Polar Nights. The album originally came out as a double vinyl, but was later changed to a single album in CD form, with Polar Nights being removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

A triple concept album from an unusual artist:

69 Love Songs - The Magnetic Fields (Stephen Merritt)

As Merritt said, "it's not an album about love --- it's an album about love songs."  

I'll have to post about The Magnetic Fields some time.   Excellent album -- enormous in every way.   Takes a couple of weeks to get through it.  :D

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I make my fair share daily, but thanks :))  The Scorpions released an album back in the late 70's i think called the Tokyo Tapes, a live double album, considered by many fans to be among their best. The album had a track on it, believe it or not called, called Polar Nights. The album originally came out as a double vinyl, but was later changed to a single album in CD form, with Polar Nights being removed.

Thanks; not only double, but also live?     Wonder if it's hard to get hold of ... I'll have to check Amazon.     Too bad they deleted Polar Nights (too funny), but they must have had to make some cuts from the vinyl tracks.    

NOTE: I just looked it up, and saw the album consists of all pre-1978 material, which is what everyone on the forum has said is by far their best, and when they were at their peak.  

10. This post has been removed.