Pick 3...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Pick 3...

Ashes To Ashes might just be my favorite Bowie song....but there aren't many Bowie songs I don't like.

David Bowie and Neil Young are two artists that have managed to survive forever in Rock 'n Roll by doing a number of things that are very similar ( while their music is completley different form each other's). They both write the overwhelming bulk of their own songs, they released albums regularly through their careers, they didn't get stale...they experimented with new sounds often, and they always had good musicians in their bands.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Little Baby - Howlin' Wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw-8wrqKPOk

Hidden Charms - Howlin' Wolf   "Get it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX3hVo_S36w

Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wBDzQARQnQ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Neil was/is known for making albums for the sole sake of pi55ing the label off, and yet every label in the world still wants him.

How cool is dat!

[/QUOTE]

Case in point..."Everybody's Rockin" Neil Young and the Shocking Pinks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq7C59BrFNo&feature=related

then of course you've got his album "Trans"...nice when an artist flips the bird at the music industry (great thread??) Queen did it with "Death On Two Legs"...as have others

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ashes To Ashes might just be my favorite Bowie song....but there aren't many Bowie songs I don't like.

David Bowie and Neil Young are two artists that have managed to survive forever in Rock 'n Roll by doing a number of things that are very similar ( while their music is completley different form each other's). They both write the overwhelming bulk of their own songs, they released albums regularly through their careers, they didn't get stale...they experimented with new sounds often, and they always had good musicians in their bands.

[/QUOTE]

do you remember the Ashes to Ashes video, that was one of MTV's earliest that I recall and definitely one of the strangest

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Just three? Sheeeesh, that is tough.

1. Layla -- Derek and the Dominoes (Clapton) easily makes the list.

2. Sultans of Swing -- Dire Straits (the live version off Alchemy, not the studio version). There are easily three or four songs from Dire Straits that I could put in here too.

3. Promises in the Dark -- Pat Benatar. Put this song up here because I've been listening to her stuff lately and this is my favorite song of hers. (She has many great ones of course).

HM: Stairway to Heaven. Have to include this simply because it's a great song that deserves the No. 1 spot on greatest rock song of all time, and because despite it's reputation of being overplayed, I still love the song and crank it up whenever it's comes on the radio -- which nowadays isn't that often.

But of course, there are probably many, many, many many, many, many, many -- well, you get the picture -- songs that could be on the list.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

3 songs 

Morning Dew(Europe 72) --  Grateful Dead.  

The Headmasters Ritual-- Smiths

The Unforgettable Fire  -  U2   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The night they drove old dixie down - The Band

The needle and the damage done - Neil Young

Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Very tough to pick. I'm assuming the original poster meant 3 songs that get stuck in your head that are good as opposed to 3 timeless songs that I like. That's actually two entirely different groups.

A tip of the hat to Faithfully and Promises in the Dark, which were already mentioned.

Love Stinks - J Geils Band

The Devil Went Down To Georgia - (Doesn't matter which version, they're all good)

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen