Progressive Rock's unsung band and surely they deserve more credit.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Progressive Rock's unsung band and surely they deserve more credit.

We usually think of Progressive or "Prog" Rock as being very keyboard heavy , but sometimes it isn't.

One of the early heavyweights of this style was a guitar band "discovered" by Ritchie Blackmore when they opened for Deep Purple over 40 years ago.

This band is usually credited as being the originater of the twin lead guitar groups who would surface later in Metal , although this band was 'heavy' they couldn't be called 'metal.'

Oddly enough, they are still around, but not with many of the originals.

Part of the answer is something you would see in the kitchen after Thanksgiving Day meal. The other part is something left behind in form of a residue.

Reported to be a fabulous live act, and their original guitarists have been critically acclaimed by leading music magazines.

Guess this band from England.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Progressive Rock's unsung band and surely they deserve more credit.

Great job , Greg!

I was listening to them last night and had the need to start a thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Wishbone Ash has released something like 20 singles and none has ever charted.

Their albums haven't faired much better , this side of the pond.

1972's Argus hit #3 in the U.K....those Englanders, know their Prog Rock!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Zillagod:  Your clues were too good, because I thought Wishbone Ash too, but not based on the music clues, just the Thanksgiving and residue clues.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Progressive Rock's unsung band and surely they deserve more credit.:
    Zillagod:  Your clues were too good, because I thought Wishbone Ash too, but not based on the music clues, just the Thanksgiving and residue clues.  :)
    Posted by EnjoyEverySandwich

I don't try too hard to fool this group, and I wasn't going for suspense with this one.

I figured, Matty,yoga,slim, Hf,Devildavid or jessie might guess this one. But I was sure that greg would get it....just hoping he stayed away from the computer long enough for a few posters to take wild guesses.

I actually stumped our panel once for about an hour or two, I think. This might be a record with these ultra tuned in rock experts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Zilla,
    It looks like you put this one up on a Saturday afternoon.  Most of the devoted, regular crew are off-line on the weekends.  Is that why you were so merciful with the clues?  I learned not to do that from you ...  :D

Remember when I posted about Camel a while back?  Another progressive.  I thought I'd have that one up for a while, but Matty came in and knew it right away -- it was crazy!

I have one for you all.  Hope I can get it posted soon -- for fun.  :D

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well , there is a fine line between too many clues and not enough info.

I made this one 'not too difficult' because I didn't want to be accused of not giving enough clues.

I think I could come up with a better one that might fool this crowd for about half an hour, but what's the use?

Sections
Shortcuts