quick question for the music forum....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

quick question for the music forum....

....about two songs. There was a song that came out (I think) sometime around the mid to late 90's that I can't find the name or artist. All I remember is that it had a line in it that said "Where ever there is love...", (part of the chorus, and also the last line in the song) and it was a duet along the lines of Beauty and the Beast, or A Brand New World--that came out generally around that same time. It had that kind of sound to it. But the song is not called "Where Ever There is Love", and I don't know who did it. The man in the duet sounded like he might have been black, but obviously it's hard to say for sure. 

Second, there's a song that starts with a train whistle, very fast and freneticly paced with a fast drving beat, sung by a girl with a really smooth voice. The track for it is played often at sporting events with no vocal. The only line I can remember is "..so let's all get together...", and it's part of one of the verses. I don't know the name of the song, or the artist, so it's impossible to find. Don't know how many people in the music forum come along the lines of these songs, but any help would be appreciated..... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: quick question for the music forum....

I can't say I am familiar with either of them but we have a few really smart people who might know the answer.

Most of the regulars don't visit on weekends.

You might have to wait until Monday.

This sounds like it might be a good one for Matty...God knows I can never fool him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE]The first song is right on the tip of my tongue but I can't think of the name.  It was a duet between Gary Coleman and Madeleine Albright.  The second song with the train whistle, I can't place. Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE] Sunds like quite a duet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What's up Examiner. Can't help you on the question, but I had to drop by ... the Sox board is full of insanity. More than usual.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Where there is love by Unhindered?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE]Where there is love by Unhindered? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h96Bs6BhnbY Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE] Nope, that's not it. The song I'm looking for is a duet with a man and woman.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE]What's up Examiner. Can't help you on the question, but I had to drop by ... the Sox board is full of insanity. More than usual. Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE] Yes, it's poisonous over there now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Could this be the song you mean?
    Donna Summer and Bruce Roberts:Whenever there is love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9mopFNx12Q

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE] Could this be the song you mean? Donna Summer and Bruce Roberts:Whenever there is love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9mopFNx12Q Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE] Yes! That's the one. Thanks! So its WHEN Ever, not where ever. It's been so long since I heard it that I got the words mixed up. Didnt know it was from a Sly movie, but what I loved about that song was the ending. Vocally, it's one of the best I've ever heard. One down, now I've just gotta tackle that train whistle song.....I promise you, anyone who watches sports has heard it. If I could whistle it on here you would know it instantly, especially if you follow baseball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Second, there's a song that starts with a train whistle, very fast and freneticly paced with a fast drving beat, sung but a girl with a really smooth voice. The track for it is played often at sporting events with no vocal. The only line I can remember is "..so let's all get together...", and it's part of one of the verses. I don't know the name of the song, or the artist, so it's impossible to find. Don't know how many people in the music forum come along the lines of these songs, but any help would be appreciated.....

So it should be one of these 81 tracks.....have at it

http://www.songfacts.com/category-songs_commonly_played_at_sporting_events.php

Me thinks.......

Chelsea Dagger

by

The Fratellis

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Nice Mojo - what a crew we have here; what a crew.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: quick question for the music forum....:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": Yes, it's poisonous over there now.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

That's when it's at it's best.

I find insanity entertaining.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: quick question for the music forum.... : That's when it's at it's best. I find insanity entertaining.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]It certainly is funny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Oh, and welcome to the music forum exam.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: quick question for the music forum.... : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoF7FfoxNn8&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9BFMLVA9KZWhkm96c1WYtSD Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE] No, that's not it. That sounds like something out of a horror movie. The song I'm looking for has this happy, feel good kind of sound to it, and is sung by a girl.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: quick question for the music forum.... : maybe 'Ball and Chain' -- Janis Joplin
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]Janis could actually sing?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: quick question for the music forum.... : maybe 'Ball and Chain' -- Janis Joplin Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE] No, this song is more recent, and this woman's voice is better than Joplin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE]In Response to quick question for the music forum.... : Almost sounds like a cover of Bob Marley's 'One Love' http://youtu.be/vdB-8eLEW8g Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE] No. That song I know. Thats not it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: quick question for the music forum....": [QUOTE]maybe Jessica Simpson's cover of 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald'. Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE] LOL, yes, with a curly Lightfoot wig.