Quote of Note - ID two rockers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Quote of Note - ID two rockers

A well-known rocker said the following in 2009:

"We recorded his track in Los Angeles in maybe two takes about a year and a half ago. Until then I'd never met what I'd call a real rock 'n' roll hero before. F*** Elvis and Keith Richards, XXXXX is the king of rock 'n' roll - he told me he never considered (band name) a metal band, he was quite adamant. He's a living, breathing, drinking and snorting ****ing legend. No one else comes close."

Who said the quote?

Who does the quote refer to? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: Quote of Note - ID two rockers

it's definitely referring to Lemmy from Motorhead, but i don't know who said it and i don't want to look it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

is it dave grohl who said it? that's the only one i can think of who makes sense...and he talks like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'd say our boy phsmith has the right answer.

So I'll agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I'm so done.  

OH, yeah -- you're right.   Maybe Lemmy was obvious.  Ugh.  Getting Dave Grohl was pretty good, though.   -- or was it really that obvious?   Did you know he did a project with Lemmy a few years ago?  Is that the way he talks -- really?

My attempts continue to be pathetic.  Laughing  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Our friend must be the Mr. Smith from Love and Rockets "God and Mr. Smith."

Wicked fast, my friend!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

I had a hunch it was Lemmy, but I figured it definitely had to be because of the number of X's you put...but from everything else I've heard about him, it describes him to a T.

I just recently watched the awesome new Foo Fighters documentary, and Grohl is extremely candid in it...and he talks exactly like that, all the time. from what I gathered, he is extremely passionate about EVERYTHING.

I'm just glad that I finally got one!

I did not know that they had ever worked together, but I will have to check it out...

Thanks, Zil!  I just happened to read it almost immediately after it was posted. Right place, right time!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

It's impressive that you got Dave Grohl out of the blue like that -- and seeing that documentary so recently.  Now that's uncanny.  I mean, what are the chances?

Yay, you got one, and maybe it's me, but I didn't think it was *that* obvious! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I looked it up (couldn't resist), and it was Slash, Grohl and Lemmy together on a couple of tracks for Slash's recent solo album.

Fan fact: Lemmy and Slash were both born in the same english town, stokes-on-trent.  A local campaign there is trying to get statues of both erected in the village square...with not too much luck.

Sections
Shortcuts