RIP Big Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

RIP Big Man

Damn, I was encouraged by some of the reports of late. What a remarkable talent and personality.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43452956?gt1=43001

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: RIP Big Man

Thank you Lloyd. I was just about to post it. I heard about it when I got home. RIP Clarence. He was a legend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

RIP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: RIP Big Man:
    [QUOTE]RIP
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey Jes good to hear from you again. We miss you and Zilla on another web site. Hint hint. Anyway I know you're not a big Springsteen fan and frankly I didn't like him in high school when he got started. That changed in 78 when Darkness on the edge of town came out. But I'm glad you respected the big man. Hope all is well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Sad news.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Just sad.

RIP Big Man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIP Big Man : Hey Jes good to hear from you again. We miss you and Zilla on another web site. Hint hint. Anyway I know you're not a big Springsteen fan and frankly I didn't like him in high school when he got started. That changed in 78 when Darkness on the edge of town came out. But I'm glad you respected the big man. Hope all is well.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Hey Jay - how are you? Thanks for the note. I read some of the comments there - I see BABE is still being an idiot and Smiley has returned.

I may not be a fan of Bruce - but I have all the respect for the E-Street gang.

One of the things that pizzed me off about Bruce is how he accepted the RnR Hall of Fame and didn't fight for the E-Street Bands induction as well. When Tom Petty went in, so did the Heartbreakers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIP Big Man : Hey Jay - how are you? Thanks for the note. I read some of the comments there - I see BABE is still being an idiot and Smiley has returned. I may not be a fan of Bruce - but I have all the respect for the E-Street gang. One of the things that pizzed me off about Bruce is how he accepted the RnR Hall of Fame and didn't fight for the E-Street Bands induction as well. When Tom Petty went in, so did the Heartbreakers.

Look at the Albums, none of Springsteens studio albums include the E Street Band name. 

Tom Prettys albums almost all have the Heartbreakers on them.  That is the difference.

Now Back up bands like the E Street Band should be in the rock HOF.

However the fact that Madonna in the Rock HOF kind of makes the rock HOF a joke anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIP Big Man : Look at the Albums, none of Springsteens studio albums include the E Street Band name.  Tom Prettys albums almost all have the Heartbreakers on them.  That is the difference. Now Back up bands like the E Street Band should be in the rock HOF. However the fact that Madonna in the Rock HOF kind of makes the rock HOF a joke anyway.
    Posted by shumirules[/QUOTE]

I understand Madonna's induction only because of her influence in Pop music. I think when they named it the RnR Hof, it really was meant as a generic term to mean popular music that emerged starting in the 50's and to basically exclude the generation before which was led my Sinatra and company. You couldn't call it the Music HoF because it would of had to include the prior generations. But I do understand why many object to her and others inductions.

Having never been a big Bruce fan, I never noticed that the E-Street Band were not noted on the album covers. I just looked and I see that the only vinyls I have have which note the E-Street band is the "Live - 1975 - 1985" box set.

Thanks for the info Shumi.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

RIP.

That horn got me through many long days and nights in college and beyond.  A brilliant musician.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIP Big Man : I understand Madonna's induction only because of her influence in Pop music. I think when they named it the RnR Hof, it really was meant as a generic term to mean popular music that emerged starting in the 50's and to basically exclude the generation before which was led my Sinatra and company. You couldn't call it the Music HoF because it would of had to include the prior generations. But I do understand why many object to her and others inductions. Having never been a big Bruce fan, I never noticed that the E-Street Band were not noted on the album covers. I just looked and I see that the only vinyls I have have which note the E-Street band is the " Live - 1975 - 1985 " box set. Thanks for the info Shumi.

No problem I think you are right the E street and other acts like them should be in the rock HOF, also with Bruce the ESB is listed on all live ablums.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RIP Big Man : Hey Jay - how are you? Thanks for the note. I read some of the comments there - I see BABE is still being an idiot and Smiley has returned. I may not be a fan of Bruce - but I have all the respect for the E-Street gang. One of the things that pizzed me off about Bruce is how he accepted the RnR Hall of Fame and didn't fight for the E-Street Bands induction as well. When Tom Petty went in, so did the Heartbreakers.

Yeah those trolls will always be there. I never knew that Bruce didn't fight for them in also. That was lame. And you're right Petty did the right thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

RIP C.C.

Watching the E Street Band going forward just won't be the same.