RIP WFNX

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

RIP WFNX

I havent listened in about 7 years since I got Sirius Satellite radio. But was a big listener in the 80's and 90's. Along with many college radio stations FNX was saved on my car radio.. Leftover lunch was always cool.. Played music that most other stations wouldn't. Other than that incredibly annoying Tai I liked most of the DJ's..Cant say i will totally miss it because as I mentieond I have been with Sirius for years now but it is the end of par tof my music growing up.. Clear Channel will ruin whatever they put in their in its place.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: RIP WFNX

After mentioning 'FNX in some threads recently, I know I was in the minority here as a "sometimes" listener (and I still maintain, the programming was better than most stations, sometimes you don't know a good thing 'til it's gone) -- and I was not happy to read this news yesterday.

It's more than the music, in fact, way more.  It's the passing of another local, indie media outlet that's buckled under to Clear Channel, a media meat grinder.  It's another loss of the local flavor of Boston, and another instance of joining the ranks of "Generica" -- ugh.  The station might go country, or it might become a Spanish station (did anyone else see that?) -- but what ever it becomes, it won't be alt / rock and Leftover Lunch has been silenced.  :(  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I've only listened sparingly in the past few years as well (which may be a tiny part of the problem)...

...but this is still a negative blow to the overall radio market.  My SIL and niece down south both love listening to WFNX online (LL is their favorite), so hopefully it will remain in that or some other format.

Either way, it's a damm greek tragedy.  The defenestration of terrestrial radio continues unabated and without shame....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Do any of you listen to baseball games on radio? 

Or is it tv (visual) or nothing?   Personally, I think listening to a baseball game on radio is where it's at.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: RIP WFNX:
    [QUOTE]Do any of you listen to baseball games on radio?  Or is it tv (visual) or nothing?   Personally, I think listening to a baseball game on radio is where it's at.  
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game. I do enjoy listening on the radio as I am on the road a lot and it's pretty much all I got. But big games like a Sox-Yanks series, 100th anniversary etc.. are fun to watch if I can. By the way is just me, but why did the Sox honor Tim Wakefield, the clubs all-time winner with a game at 4pm, on a Tuesday in the middle of May, in a rainstorm? That is a game I would have watched had I known he was going to be honored. I guess that is question for the baseball experts.

And yes, FNX will be missed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: RIP WFNX:
    [QUOTE]Do any of you listen to baseball games on radio?  Or is it tv (visual) or nothing?   Personally, I think listening to a baseball game on radio is where it's at.  
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I agree.

In fact, I prefer listening to football than watching, too.

My bias is that I hate - ferociously - television commercials, and televised sports programs are absolutely the worst offenders.

(Hockey and Hoops are somewhat bearable on TV, although the latter are terrible in the last 5 minutes.)

I mostly gave up on sports talk radio a few years ago.

Sections
Shortcuts