RIP-- Whitney Houston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

RIP-- Whitney Houston

Music lost a real talent tonight.  While we may all have different taste's, it's hard not to sit back and appreciate the impact her voice had on so many. Truly sad news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: RIP-- Whitney Houston

I just made the post about her too (which I deleted).It's a real shame,she was so talented and had a great voice.Drugs got the better of her though.It 's just sad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In Response to Re: RIP-- Whitney Houston:
    [QUOTE]I just made the post about her too (which I deleted).It's a real shame,she was so talented and had a great voice.Drugs got the better of her though.It 's just sad.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

No problem Mojo...and I agree. It's like a kick in the gut when these things happen. While It really shouldn't have come as that big of a surprise, news like this always takes a few minutes to digest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Very sad. An incredible talent lost. This kind of sad story plays out far too often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sadly, she destroyed her talent and mind over a decade ago. Whitney was the only female artist who went stride for stride with Madonna in the late 80's. Her voice was as beautiful as was she.

Too bad she married the idiot and her life fell apart so fast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

My heart is broken over this news -- true sorrow in my heart for this stunning, talented soul.  I am one of those optimists that hoped she was finding her way.  In a recent interview, she was poised and well spoken.  I loved her for her poise, her talent, her beauty, her gospel roots, all of it.  Goddaughter to Aretha?  Amen.  May her sweet, gentle soul rest in peace  -- at last.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Very sad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wiping tears away as her story is on right now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Jimi, Janis, Jim, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Steve Clark, Paul Kossof, Michael Jackson, Cobain, Brian Jones, John Enthwhistle, Layne Staley, and on and on and on. Either you beat your addiction or it will kill you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]Very sad. An incredible talent lost. This kind of sad story plays out far too often.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Yup. She had an amazing voice. It's a shame her addictions got the better of her.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

My sympathy goes to her daughter, terrible way to lose a mother.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

While the details haven't been disclosed the general consensus by the media is that she struggled with drug's and alcohol.....yet another episode of the old VH1 series Behind the Music....success...drugs and alcohol....rehab....come back (this series went on and on and the only part of the story that changed was the artists name.)  48 is far too young to lose such a talent but, then again any age is too soon to lose such a talent as Whitney Houston......a "true" artist.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Sensational power.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

When I first heard her renditions of "Saving All My Love For You" and "The Greatest Love of All", I was stunned. Unmatched  beauty, power, and  technique. Dionne Warwick was her aunt. Her demise was eeringly similar to Judy Garland's. In Judy's later yrs; her voice cracked on one occasion when she couldn't sing her signature song "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" ; although a public appearance, she broke down and cried right there. At 40, she looked like 60. She died at 47.  

Amy Winehouse was a loss also. Ever hear her duet with Tony Bennett doing Body & Soul? She sounds like Billie Holiday, another drug demise. Ditto Bonham, Moon, Hendrix, Joplin, Brian Jones, Morrison, Cobain, M-Jax, Brittany Murphy, Ledger, Bias, Belushi, Farley. If these aren't anti-drug statements, I don't know what is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Whitney is one of my favorite female artists.  Her voice was so beautiful and powerful, and I would get goosebumps listening to some of her songs.  Very sad news.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

[QUOTE]Jimi, Janis, Jim, Keith Moon, John Bonham, Steve Clark, Paul Kossof, Michael Jackson, Cobain, Brian Jones, John Enthwhistle, Layne Staley, and on and on and on. Either you beat your addiction or it will kill you.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just think of all the possibilities had they beaten their addictions. Now this infamous club has two new members in Houston and Winehouse. I would also add Andy Wood and Jerry Garcia.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

I get sad too hear anyone who passes away so young. I was never a fan myself but I am not saying she wasnt talented..But addictions are no joke.. I realize how it is rough for fans of hers. Although I am not sure if she was still making music.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Now it's being reported (probably to no ones surprise) that she may have died from a combination of drugs and alcohol.Here's a link:

http://gma.yahoo.com/whitney-houston-died-prescription-drug-alcohol-combination-tmz-091916898--abc-news.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

From all that we know at this point, I believe it will be ruled accidental, and not as a PR cover-up.  As with Heath Ledger, which I believe was accidental.  Walk it through everything we know about her last few days.  We can't know everything, but...

SHE WOULD NOT HAVE DONE IT THIS WAY TO HER FRIENDS.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Probably the only person in the whole world who slept through the whole thing.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!  For all the obvious reasons (Beach Boys et al - sorry, don't mean to hijack this).  Thank goodness for Hulu and YouTube, which I've just remembered.  This is the reason for this comment, in case others have forgotten, too.

Sections
Shortcuts