RnR Hall of Fame - Your picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: RnR Hall of Fame - Your picks

In Response to Re: RnR Hall of Fame - Your picks:
    Like I said Matty - Roach may very well be one of those musicians I would hate no matter what. The support he threw behind that Cop Killer will always be a sticking point with me. Myley Cyrus performed with Joan Jett yesterday. Still doesn't give her anymore cred in my books.
    Posted by jesseyeric

oh god....that's not even close to a fair comparison. miley cyrus...hah!

a good example of tasty lead guitar playing is jonny greenwood of radiohead.

i also agree completely about brian may. forever in freddie's shadow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Myley Cyrus performed with Joan Jett yesterday. Still doesn't give her anymore cred in my books.
    Posted by jesseyeric

You would have thought that it would have with Myley being the big star that she is.....

<SNAP> .... that was for Patti

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: RnR Hall of Fame - Your picks : You would have thought that it would have with Myley being the big star that she is..... <SNAP /> .... that was for Patti
    Posted by jkjband

OK - maybe I deserved that - not! But it was good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Tasty - In the 90's and this century, so many musicians were becoming Olympian athletes on their instruments, shredding like there was no tomorrow. But they just didn't know when to pull back, and let the instrument lead instead of the speed of his fingers. Soul and melody are just as important as speed. Maybe even more. I can give you a very good example. Def Leppard's Steve Clark was one of the tastiest guitar players that came out of the 80's. Technically, he was off-kilter, but he was able to compose and play some of the most interesting guitar sounds I ever heard. Listen to Gods of War from the Hysteria album. You will know what I mean. Also, listen to Switch from the High and Dry Album.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I kind of get it, but I'm not a Def Leppard fan, so it's unlikely I'll listen to those songs. Then again, I'm not really a shredding guitarist fan either. So I'd like to think I already enjoy tasty guitar work because I always liked less rather than more and soul and melody rather than speed.

This kind of ties in with a topic I have been mulling over. I might start a new thread on it when I get the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: RnR Hall of Fame - Your picks : I kind of get it, but I'm not a Def Leppard fan, so it's unlikely I'll listen to those songs. Then again, I'm not really a shredding guitarist fan either. So I'd like to think I already enjoy tasty guitar work because I always liked less rather than more and soul and melody rather than speed. This kind of ties in with a topic I have been mulling over. I might start a new thread on it when I get the time.
    Posted by devildavid

Another example of the taste vs. speed thing on rock guitarists is David Gilmour.  His solos are not about the speed but about hitting all the right notes.

Sections
Shortcuts