RnRHOF - 2014 - Yes? No? Maybe.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

RnRHOF - 2014 - Yes? No? Maybe.....

Let the arguments begin: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame released the ballot for the class of 2014.

This year, Nirvana is the only act to be nominated in their first year of eligibility (i.e., 25 years since the release of their first single or album). Besides Nirvana, Hall & OatesPeter GabrielLinda RonstadtThe ReplacementsYes, Cat Stevens, Link Wray and The Zombies are also first-time nominees on this year’s list, though most have been eligible for years.

Here’s some of the highlights of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ballot for 2014:

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band - A seminal ’60s combo much-loved by music lovers, but not a high profile group; in fact there isn’t even an official website paying tribute to the group.

Chic - They were on the ballot last year, but the disco vote likely went to the late Donna Summer. Nile Rodgers is the only surviving member of the group, and endured a pretty dire cancer health scare recently. Truthfully, it’s likely that voters will want to vote the living legend in sooner rather than later.

Deep Purple - They, too, were on the ballot last year, and likely lost out the hard rock vote to Rush. The big question with them is, what versions of the band will be included. The “Mark II” version is a no-brainer, though.

Peter Gabriel - Already a Hall of Famer as a member of Genesis, Gabriel is now seeing his first time on the ballot, despite an incredible solo career that commercially peaked in the ’80s with So.

Hall & Oates - Always stuck between rock and pop and R&B, they’re one of the most successful duos of all time. Despite eligibility all the way back in 1997 and a bevy of indelible No. 1s throughout the ’80s, this is Hall & Oates’ first time on the ballot. Guess their comeback in recent years worked.

KISS - Hall of Fame founder Jann Wenner has never made his disdain for the group a secret, and nominating committee member Dave Marsh has gone on the record saying, “KISS is not a great band, KISS was never a great band, KISS never will be a great band, and I have done my share to keep them off the ballot.” Could this be their year, or is this just a tease?

LL Cool J - Whatever you think of his output for the past decade, LL’s contribution to early hip-hop is undeniable. Of course, some rock fans will never accept hip-hop, and will always complain that LL is on the ballot when Foreigner, Journey and Styx are not.

Nirvana - If you’re putting your money on one band being inducted in 2014, put it here. They’re only eligible this year on a technicality; while debut Bleach was released in 1989, Nirvana did release a cover of Shocking Blue’s “Love Buzz” in late 1988.

Linda Ronstadt - Eligible for nearly two decades, this is her first appearance on a ballot. She represents the California country-rock that has become a bit more hip in recent years, thanks to the Laurel Canyon revival. Her recent announcement that she has Parkinson’s Disease was, of course, tragic, but the sad truth is that this may push her higher up on some voters ballots.

Cat Stevens - He’ll probably compete for the soft-rock vote with Ms. Ronstadt, but can you really deny the guy who wrote “Wild World” and “Peace Train”?

Link Wray - If you’re not familiar with him, take two and a half minutes to watch this video. His early work in the ’50s changed the way rock and rollers played electric guitar. He’s not the marquee name of his contenders, but the Rock Hall typically includes an “influence” vote or two each year.

Yes - Genesis and Rush have been inducted, so why not this giant of prog-rock? If inducted, it’ll be fun to see who is invited to the party, considering Yes has had nearly 20 members through the years.

The Zombies - It’s a bit surprising that this legendary British invasion band hasn’t been inducted by now. To paraphrase the band, this could be their year.

The 29th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony returns to New York, and will be held April 2014. Venue and public ticket sale information will be announced at a later date; the show will air on HBO in May.

As they did last year, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will again offer fans the opportunity to officially participate in the induction selection process. From October 16 through December 10, the public can cast their vote at the Rock Hall’s website. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will constitute a single “fans’ ballot” that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2014 inductees.

Read more at Radio.com.

– Brian Ives, Radio.com 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: RnRHOF - 2014 - Yes? No? Maybe.....

Nirvana should be a no brainer, but I have come to expect good, influential groups to be passed over....( Deep Purple).

Butterfield Blues Band are not household names, but why are these guys not in by now?....lack of exposure, I guess.

Chic....???sorry don't know them....doubt they are "Rock" music....I would know.

DP....I WOULD GIVE THEM THEIR OWN HALL OF FAME....they were that good.

Peter Gabriel ...with him , it's about quality , not quantity. 'Games Without Frontiers' - this song alone should get him in. I could listen to that song all night.

Hall and Oates....yeah sure, I like their music. Very popular, good classic Rock era group.

KISS...It's likely they will make it, but I always thought their music was second-rate and only their stage show was top notch, although I wouldn't get caught dead at a KISS concert, because they were aimed at a younger crowd, and frankly , that was about right....Rock music for 12 year olds.

LLCoolJ- 'fraid not. Let Rappers get their own Hall Of Fame.

Nirvana- this would be travesty. They defined Rock in the early 90's the front runner of a whole new genre.

Linda Ronstadt- No arguments from me.

Cat Stevens- Not a favorite, but his music was all over the airwaves in the 70s. Couldn't argue with letting him in, but I wouldn't classify his music as Rock...more like Popular Folk.

Link Wray- He's not in there?....my God!...how long's he waited?

Yes- Yes.....of course. I love Prog Rock....therefore I am. And they were one of the best ever....that's EVER.

The Zombies. Based on Rod Argent's keyboards alone, they deserve to be there.....but, they were so much more.

I cringe whenever I see the list of those in and those past over. We've been this route before......this is a complete farce, and I would go to the Tiddly Winks Hall Of Fame before I ever made a point to visit this faux museum of favoritism.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

They should all get in; some should already be there.

Nirvana's "technicality" status is perplexing.  Bleach was their first real release; they should have been next year, but whatever.

Chic and LL Cool J - yes on both counts...among the best of their genres.

I wonder, when all of the "sorely overlooked" bands are in, who will we have left to lament...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I think a band like Cheap Trick is still waiting to get in......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm biased, as we all are, but to me "The Replacements" should get in. They have a completely different sounds from most '80s bands that were considered alternative (or whatever the term was  then) and they've influenced several of today's better bands.

Nirvana is definite. Chic? The band that did "Freak Out?" You gotta be kidding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Agreed on Cheap Trick and the Mats.

But Chic is an important group in dance/disco and rap/hip-hop evolution.  They were as close to a rock band as the disco scene got and influenced pop and rock artists alike.  The fact that this is their 8th nomination may say something, but they should definitely be in there.  Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards and Tony Thompson were no slouches instrumentally, either.

But then, we already knew the HoF is neither purist nor apolitical when it comes to these yearly fooferaws over who's in and who's not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

I wonder, when all of the "sorely overlooked" bands are in, who will we have left to lament...?

Well, I don't think anyone here will lose any sleep over this any time soon, but ... I saw some of the "biggest snubs" lists, and one of the bands on it was Motorhead.    I even did a "Name the artist" on Lemmy a while back, so even I can attest to their merit.

If JE were around, he probably would voice this.

Also, I just looked this up to make sure, but Sting is not in the RnR HoF as a solo artist.   I'm not a huge fan, but he's due.   No?

I wonder how many members of bands that are already in, should also be members for their solo careers?   Not sure, but there must be a bunch brushed under the rug.

There are so many bands at the 25-30 year mark that aren't in ... but who knows if they have the chops to deserve the (coff) honor.    How about Yo La Tengo?    The Jayhawks?    There are probably loads, but they're just on the cusp of 25-30 years, so there is plenty of reason to stall on them, considering how long it's taken for some of the classic rockers to get in.     Truth is, it takes a lot of mileage in the music industry to trump those old classic bands.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Well, I don't think anyone here will lose any sleep over this any time soon, but ... I saw some of the "biggest snubs" lists, and one of the bands on it was Motorhead.    I even did a "Name the artist" on Lemmy a while back, so even I can attest to their merit.

If JE were around, he probably would voice this.

Also, I just looked this up to make sure, but Sting is not in the RnR HoF as a solo artist.   I'm not a huge fan, but he's due.   No?

I wonder how many members of bands that are already in, should also be members for their solo careers?   Not sure, but there must be a bunch brushed under the rug.

There are so many bands at the 25-30 year mark that aren't in ... but who knows if they have the chops to deserve the (coff) honor.    How about Yo La Tengo?    The Jayhawks?    There are probably loads, but they're just on the cusp of 25-30 years, so there is plenty of reason to stall on them, considering how long it's taken for some of the classic rockers to get in.     Truth is, it takes a lot of mileage in the music industry to trump those old classic bands.    

Agreed on Motorhead...legendary by any measure.

Even Sting - who I'm not really a fan of - has accomplished much away from his original band.

Which brings up the question: how many inductions is enough?  If you're in, then you're in.  

And I don't see many of the supporting players for those "solo" acts being so honored, either.

Maybe the powers within think that somebody has to be excluded, otherwise what's the point...!?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Some of my favorite performers aren't even given a mention. No Richard Thompson or Nick Lowe? They both have a large body of quality work. Not that it really matters. When it comes down to it, awards, halls of fame, and accolades are really meaningless. What matters is the work and the artistry and how it impacts the world and impacts us personally.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

The Zombies - It’s a bit surprising that this legendary British invasion band hasn’t been inducted by now. To paraphrase the band, this could be their year.

What is so special about the Zombies that it's 'surprising' they haven't been inducted?   They didn't have a particularly long career, just a couple of hits.   They influenced no one as far as I can tell.  Other than being in the right place at the right time, this looks like a pretty mediocre choice to me. 

If you're expanding the definition of R&R as much as this Hall has, then lesser rock acts are going to be left out to make room for the rappers and the R&B.   This is a lesser rock act.

Rod Argent's keyboard playing is way ahead of it's time. Only the Animals used keyboard during the early 60s which was largely a guitar driven era. In that respect, the Animals and Zombies are very influential for the music that would come in the early 70s...Prog Rock. Time Of The Season and She's Not There are two of the biggest hits of the 60s and Argent's Hold Your Head Up was one of the great songs of the early 70s.

Here are some artists ( whether you like them or not, doesn't matter ) that are in the HOF that I completely disagree with....A. They are not ROCK groups, B. They are not significant, C. They really weren't that special:

ABBA- A.

Bobby "Blue" Bland- A.

Nat King Cole- A.

Miles Davis- A.

Earth , Wind and Fire- A,B,C.

The Four Seasons- A.

Gladys Knight and the Pips- A.

Isaac Hayes A, B,C....okay theme from 'Shaft', what else did he do?

Dr. John- B. , REALLY , Dr. John ahead of Deep Purple?

Randy Newman- A,B,C. C'mon if not for 'Short People', would you even know him? By the way people under 5-10 usually hate this song. His best song was done to perfection by Nils Lofgren ( another major snub) 'Baltimore.'

Laura Nyro- B,C. No one knew who she was until Linda Ronstadt started having hits with her songs.

Parliament- Funkadelic- A.B.C....no explanation needed.

Run D.M.C- They should br "run" from anything Rock n Roll. What's the DMC stand for Dopey, Moronic, Crap?

The Staple Singers

Donna Summer

Okay, how about some love for real Rock Groups and artists. Rainbow, Quiet Riot, Free, Nils Lofgren, Robin Trower....and dozens and dozens more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Rod Argent's keyboard playing is way ahead of it's time. Only the Animals used keyboard during the early 60s which was largely a guitar driven era. In that respect, the Animals and Zombies are very influential for the music that would come in the early 70s...Prog Rock. Time Of The Season and She's Not There are two of the biggest hits of the 60s and Argent's Hold Your Head Up was one of the great songs of the early 70s.

Here are some artists ( whether you like them or not, doesn't matter ) that are in the HOF that I completely disagree with....A. They are not ROCK groups, B. They are not significant, C. They really weren't that special:

ABBA- A.

Bobby "Blue" Bland- A.

Nat King Cole- A.

Miles Davis- A.

The Four Seasons- A.

Randy Newman- A,B,C. C'mon if not for 'Short People', would you even know him? By the way people under 5-10 usually hate this song. His best song was done to perfection by Nils Lofgren ( another major snub) 'Baltimore.'

Laura Nyro- B,C. No one knew who she was until Linda Ronstadt started having hits with her songs.

Run D.M.C- They should br "run" from anything Rock n Roll. What's the DMC stand for Dopey, Moronic, Crap?

The Staple Singers

Donna Summer

Okay, how about some love for real Rock Groups and artists. Rainbow, Quiet Riot, Free, Nils Lofgren, Robin Trower....and dozens and dozens more.

Zilla, yer killin' me buddy! Funkadelic is not special? I love that band! Listen to the song below and tell me it ain't rock music. Strongly disagree with your dismissal of Funkadelic. I don't care who is in the Hall or not. I don't think rock can be defined by anyone so don't even try. There is no such thing as "Real Rock". Get over it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVHrvx-Ua68

And as Funkadelic sez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2nqZCSnN1U

And for good measure , a little Run D.M.C. for y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hN1SKVx31s

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

What is so special about the Zombies that it's 'surprising' they haven't been inducted?   They didn't have a particularly long career, just a couple of hits.   They influenced no one as far as I can tell.  Other than being in the right place at the right time, this looks like a pretty mediocre choice to me. 

If you're expanding the definition of R&R as much as this Hall has, then lesser rock acts are going to be left out to make room for the rappers and the R&B.   This is a lesser rock act.

ABBA- A.

Bobby "Blue" Bland- A.

Nat King Cole- A.

Miles Davis- A.

The Four Seasons- A.

The Staple Singers

Donna Summer

That you don't like them doesn't mean any of those artists aren't "significant" or "special"...nor that they didn't influence, enhance, or inspire other, more "rock"-oriented artists.

I'm not a special fan of some you mentioned, but I can still recognize their artistic achievement despite what my personal definition of "rock music" is.

They may not be "rock", but they are still manifestly bound to "rock n' roll"  - and popular music in general - as we know it.

Consider that the keyboard artists you mentioned derived inspiration from jazz and blues music integral to the development of rock.  The Zombies show the beginnings of "jazz-rock", which wouldn't exist without jazz.

What is "real" rock, anyway...?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think there's a pretty obvious underlying issue - is this supposed to be a Hall of Fame, or just a Hall of the Very Good?

This issue dogs just about every Hall of Fame there is...in fact the World Golf Hall of Fame announced that they're not going to elect anyone this year and are going to review their election process, after some complaints about the bar being set too low...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Deep Purple is Real Rock.

Rainbow is Real Rock.

Disco is dance music.

Hip Hop is jibberish

Rap is not even music.

Pop is garbage.

Country is for Hillbillies.

Let these forms of music get their own Hall Of Fame.

Even Blues is not Rock, but I know the influence is strong as with Folk.

A Rock nad Roll Hall of Fame with ABBA ( who I like , but disagree with as a"rock" act) and no Quiet Riot is a shame. Quiet Riot may not be inluential, new, or particularly famous....but at least they played ROCK , and it was what Rock was meant to be, ANGRY, LOUD AND HEAVY. ABBA was soft, nice and quiet. How does a guy with absolutley no hits like Nils Lofgren, get ignored simply because he wasn't very popular, I have all his albums, he was just fantastic, way better than anything by Funkadelic , CHIC or the Staple Singers....really these are not Rock acts.

All Rock is music, not all music is Rock. If they wanted to let these others in they should have called it the MUSIC HALL OF FAME.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Deep Purple is Real Rock.

Rainbow is Real Rock.

Disco is dance music.

Hip Hop is jibberish

Rap is not even music.

Pop is garbage.

Country is for Hillbillies.

Let these forms of music get their own Hall Of Fame.

Even Blues is not Rock, but I know the influence is strong as with Folk.

A Rock nad Roll Hall of Fame with ABBA ( who I like , but disagree with as a"rock" act) and no Quiet Riot is a shame. Quiet Riot may not be inluential, new, or particularly famous....but at least they played ROCK , and it was what Rock was meant to be, ANGRY, LOUD AND HEAVY. ABBA was soft, nice and quiet. How does a guy with absolutley no hits like Nils Lofgren, get ignored simply because he wasn't very popular, I have all his albums, he was just fantastic, way better than anything by Funkadelic , CHIC or the Staple Singers....really these are not Rock acts.

All Rock is music, not all music is Rock. If they wanted to let these others in they should have called it the MUSIC HALL OF FAME.

Sounds just like semantics to me.

We can dance to rock n roll music.  Rap and Hip-hop are often "angry loud and heavy".  Many rock lyrics are jibberish, too.  "Hillbillies" is kind of a slur and irrelevant when country sells out even in the cities.

I respect your personal opinions about who you like and don't like, but I don't think they work as analysis of the issue at hand:  where "rock n' roll" ends and "rock" begins.

And sorry, but I really have to question how you can take the institution so seriously as to be so exclusive to other artists?  If the HoF is just a corporate, glad-handing joke, then what's the problem...?

Assuming the HoF survives, some of today's bands WILL be inducted, whether you like them or not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I think there's a pretty obvious underlying issue - is this supposed to be a Hall of Fame, or just a Hall of the Very Good?

This issue dogs just about every Hall of Fame there is...in fact the World Golf Hall of Fame announced that they're not going to elect anyone this year and are going to review their election process, after some complaints about the bar being set too low...

Sadly, the bar is being lowered in many arenas.   Don't get me started.   And the Baseball Hall did a big pass on elections this past year, too, didn't it?    Maybe the wake up call that everyone needed there, too.   

All this begs the issue that we've kicked around in the past, and that is, the use of criteria, standards, and an understanding of how rankings are derived.   

The difference between an "opinion" based on some of the use of that criteria, or at least that shows, some depth or critical analysis.   

In sports, the use of stats, years in the game, etc., seem pretty straightforward, but even then ... there's more in terms of ethics, sportsmanship, what someone might have done as a blunder off the field (ie, gambling ...) --  It's not a "hard science" only based on data that gets someone into a sports hall of fame.   

But I have to agree, there's a point when, the gate has to come down.   Once everyone gets in ... you're only left with medicrity, and we certainly have enough of that in society at large as it is.  

With the advent of youtube to discover "talent" -- where else was there to go but down the tubes??   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Some of my favorite performers aren't even given a mention. No Richard Thompson or Nick Lowe? They both have a large body of quality work. Not that it really matters. When it comes down to it, awards, halls of fame, and accolades are really meaningless. What matters is the work and the artistry and how it impacts the world and impacts us personally.

First, Nick Lowe isn't in?   Had no idea.  

Otherwise ...

As a consumer and fan of music, sure, I agree, awards and being in a "hall of fame" is of no importance to me, with regard to the musicians I love and admire.    But you and I are not musicians, and therefore, how do you know if it's meaningless to them?   It might be, but for many, awards and recognition of this nature may be very rewarding and meaningful, as part of a lasting legacy, and the acknowledgement that their work is appreciated.  "People's Choice" awards.  Ugh.   No, not those.  :)

I could say the same re: any award for films, too.   They're industry popularity contests.  But you know what?   Again, I'm not an actor, so how do I know if it would mean anything to me if I won an award, voted in and accepted by my peers?  It might.  

I can speak for my own profession.   We have a few associations, societies, and of course, bestow awards on many selected, chosen professionals.   A case in point, is that very recently, one of the most admired people in my profession died -- seemingly suddenly, after a brief illness.  I was so shocked to see this (I'm not over it, really -- a bright light went out with her passing), and in reading the memorials about her, they were filled with all of her accomplishments and yes, her awards and the ways she was recognized for her work as a visionary, and brilliant innovator.  It was *nice* to see this, and I am glad she had all that acknowledgement while she was alive; she deserved it.  

Sorry for the long-winded sidebar on recognition, but I just wanted to give you the flip side of the coin, not to diminish how you feel regarding the musicians you admire and not caring about the awards they may win, but to see that they might be the ones who care.   Maybe, anyhow.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This isn't happening without Isaac Hayes:

http://youtu.be/GuHlkHeIixc

It's special, and it rocks way harder than a limp tune like "Time of the Season".

"Time of the Season" is a very cool song, 'limp tune' is kind of a cheap shot IMHO. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I am disgusted by the whole concept of a Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame.  The whole concept of the music is (or was / should be) rebellion, counter-culturalism and teenage angst.  Not jewelry-rattling, polite audiences sitting on their @rses between wine spritzers....spritzers....spritzers.

Not to mention the hypocrisy....taking this, drinking that, doing them and freaking out the squares...but now they want mainstream accolades?  Yikes.

If a band is pleased to be inducted, fine....particularly as so many made so little money and are so widely forgotten now.  But I don't understand why the majority of people here, most of whom I like and respect, care.  I honestly don't.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

This isn't happening without Isaac Hayes:

http://youtu.be/GuHlkHeIixc

It's special, and it rocks way harder than a limp tune like "Time of the Season".

"Time of the Season" is a very cool song, 'limp tune' is kind of a cheap shot IMHO. 

Agreed.  Not their finest moment - and they had many fine moments - but a decent stab at a bit of Pop Psyche.  I have the single somewhere, will try to find it and play it before the game tonight!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Sadly, the bar is being lowered in many arenas.   Don't get me started.   And the Baseball Hall did a big pass on elections this past year, too, didn't it?    Maybe the wake up call that everyone needed there, too.   

All this begs the issue that we've kicked around in the past, and that is, the use of criteria, standards, and an understanding of how rankings are derived.   

The difference between an "opinion" based on some of the use of that criteria, or at least that shows, some depth or critical analysis.   

In sports, the use of stats, years in the game, etc., seem pretty straightforward, but even then ... there's more in terms of ethics, sportsmanship, what someone might have done as a blunder off the field (ie, gambling ...) --  It's not a "hard science" only based on data that gets someone into a sports hall of fame.   

But I have to agree, there's a point when, the gate has to come down.   Once everyone gets in ... you're only left with medicrity, and we certainly have enough of that in society at large as it is.  

With the advent of youtube to discover "talent" -- where else was there to go but down the tubes??   

Hi Yoga.  I agree with most/all of your post but not your last comment.  I think it's massively democratised music.  I've always bought a huge number of records and still do, but have found many bands on YT, FB and poor old MS from around the world that I love that I probably never would have found otherwise.

Sure, there's a lot of rubbish, but so many options!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

I am disgusted by the whole concept of a Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame.  The whole concept of the music is (or was / should be) rebellion, counter-culturalism and teenage angst.  Not jewelry-rattling, polite audiences sitting on their @rses between wine spritzers....spritzers....spritzers.

Not to mention the hypocrisy....taking this, drinking that, doing them and freaking out the squares...but now they want mainstream accolades?  Yikes.

I can certainly relate to this.  The RRHOF means nothing to me.

Sections
Shortcuts