Robert DeNiro

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Robert DeNiro

Why did you post this in the music forum?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

In Response to Re: Robert DeNiro:
    Why did you post this in the music forum?
    Posted by carnie

Because I am an idiot and I thought I was in the Movie forum.... I should never be posting and drinking.

Sorry people my error.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Robert DeNiro:
    OK this is not new but watching the ad for the new Fockers movie I cant help but ask what the hell happened to this once great actor.  I just don't understand his career  of late.  Is it just about making money now? He can still act and I am fine with him in a comedy or two, Midnight Run was great the 1st Focker movie fine,  But now the 4th Focker movie really, why? There is talk about another Midnight Run movie really WHY WHY WHY? I dont need him gaining 50 pounds to do Raging Bull again that is a young mans game anyway. But there have to be roles out there that could use this mans talent.  He has not gone over the edge of hopelessly over the top acting that AL Pacino has. I dont hold a bad movie against anyone, But when you are chosen to make a Fockers part 4 you are no longer a serious actor you are a money actor. Can we save this guy, can we get Martian Scorsese's on the phone?
    Posted by shumirules

Now I understand why Martin Scorsese's films are different.  It is because he is from Mars.  Thank you for the insight.  I'm only joking.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

In Response to Robert DeNiro : Now I understand why Martin Scorsese's films are different.  It is because he is from Mars.  Thank you for the insight.  I'm only joking.  
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Again posting when drinking ... well at least I was not driving LOL.

I also hate spell check sometimes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Robert DeNiro : Again posting when drinking ... well at least I was not driving LOL. I also hate spell check sometimes.
    Posted by shumirules
    Better than posting while stoned. Reference my greatest rock 'n roll album of all time thread Embarassed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Robert DeNiro : Because I am an idiot and I thought I was in the Movie forum.... I should never be posting and drinking. Sorry people my error.
    Posted by shumirules

Gotta admit, I've come close a couple of times to doing the same. Well, vice versa, that is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Did you know DeNiro is only one quarter Italian? He's 1/4 Italian,1/4 Irish and English and German on his mother's side.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

anyone else catch him on SNL? great to see him out of his element.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Did you know DeNiro is only one quarter Italian? He's 1/4 Italian,1/4 Irish and English and German on his mother's side.
    Posted by jaytf25

I did not know that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

This thread is doing reasonably well considering it started off as an accident.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

anyone else catch him on SNL? great to see him out of his element.
    Posted by phsmith8

Robert DeNiro speaking while looking into the mirror: "You talking to me?  You talking to me?  You talking to me ??  You must be talking to me.  I'm the only one in the room" !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: Robert DeNiro : Robert DeNiro speaking while looking into the mirror: "You talking to me?  You talking to me?  You talking to me ??   You must be talking to me.  I'm the only one in the room" !!!
    Posted by cavaliersfan

haha, classic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

bumping this thread b/c it is hysterically funny and it needs another viewing.
    Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

A few years ago he was crossing a street in NYC when he absent mindedly stepped out in front of an oncoming bus.  There was a 9 - 10 year old kid who grabbed his arm and pulled him back onto the sidewalk(saving his life)DeNiro was so thankful that he asked the kid if there was any thing he could do for him.  The kid ended taking him to school, that day, and used him for show and tell

That's' a true story that I always thought was very cool about DeNiro

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I submit it's not entirely Deniro's fault.  There's only so much he can do with the general quality of scripts out there now. When it's about the character for him, he probably doesn't worry too much about it.  His body of work still stands out as an all-time great.

He and some of his generation - Pacino, Nicholson, Hoffman, Eastwood - have each followed their own idiosyncratic careers to living legend status.  At some point, we just end up giving them a pass (or 3).

I'm guessing it just depends on how many fockers equals one raging bull...

or how many ishtars are equal to one graduate...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In my humble opinion, he is the best actor we have. Sure, even the first Focker movie wasn't necessary, but would what you do? Wait for the ideal script to come along? You can only spend so much time sunning yourself in Anguilla, and I'm pretty sure money has nothing to do with it. Between Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Heat, Midnight Run, A Bronx Tale, I don't really care about Analyze This or other less than incredible movies he's done. Watching him on Inside the Actors Studio is some of the best television I have ever experienced. If I could have dinner with any actor, it would be him, hands down. Jk, thanks for that story.

If you have time and appreciate his work, check this out. It's well worth the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn7P6HbFiCY&feature=related

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It really depends on what he's turning down.  Besides, if Hoffman, Streisand, et al ask you to do the 3rd installment, then you do it.  The real complaint is if you have Deniro and Hoffman, why not spend a little extra money and get a good script, good director.

Don't forget Ronin.  The Heist with Brando and Norton.  Those were good movies.

He was supposed to be in the "Edge of Darkness" but Mel fired him during shooting.  Apparently, he didn't know his lines.

Anybody catch that sketch on Mad TV where they were spoofing "Righteous Kill"?  They had 2 guys as DeNiro and Pacino who kept saying, "phoning it in" or something.  Anybody remember his memorable role in "Rocky and Bullwinkle"?

It looks like he has a couple of good movies coming out including "The Killer Elite"

Sections
Shortcuts