Robert Plant in a new light...for me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Robert Plant in a new light...for me

I was cruising YouTube looking up Nick Lowe's "All Men Are Liars and came across a couple of cool videos featuring Robert Plant. Now normally, I have little interest in Plant, but these two videos put him in such a different light for me that I think is so cool. It makes me like him more than I used to. Here are the two videos:

Plant with Rockpile performing "Little Sister" live as part of the Concerts for the People of Campuchea in 1979.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5XJX8sjYDE&feature=related

And a more current vintage Plant performing Zep's "Black Dog" with Alison Krauss. Cool take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgzs6pT26KI&feature=related

Not sure that this makes a good thread, except maybe some of you have had similar revelations about performers in a different context that makes you like them more than you did before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Robert Plant in a new light...for me

That is the most smokin' version of 'Little Sister' I have ever heard...with apologies to Elvis.

This seems somewhat familiar. I believe I have heard this before. Rockpile was known for bringing guests on stage with them. I have a live recording where they bring Keith Richard on for a couple of numbers.

Rockpile is ( IMHO) the most under rated rock band ever. Along with the Rumour , these guys were the best kept secret of the early 80s.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Robert Plant in a new light...for me

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

That is the most smokin' version of 'Little Sister' I have ever heard...with apologies to Elvis.

This seems somewhat familiar. I believe I have heard this before. Rockpile was known for bringing guests on stage with them. I have a live recording where they bring Keith Richard on for a couple of numbers.

Rockpile is ( IMHO) the most under rated rock band ever. Along with the Rumour , these guys were the best kept secret of the early 80s.

I concur. Rockpile is flat out a great rock band.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts