Rock band or Not...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Rock band or Not...

They used to do this on a local radio morning show (local for me) and I thought perhaps it might be fun to do here.  I'm going list the name of a Rock Band and you decide if its a real band name or something I made up. 

Obviously I can't stop you from using google, but it's more fun if you don't peek and take a wild guess.

So, for our first band:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: Rock band or Not...

I never heard of them, but their name sounds so much un-like a bands name I figure that it has to be a band...... OMG you have turned me into the bald guy from "The Princess Bride"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm going to say 'yes.'

Only because I don't think anyone could ever come up with such a bad name for a group unless it was for real.

Believe it or not, there was a group (not a rock band, however) named Tony Orlando and Dawn.

And if it wasn't for T.V. , we might be all still wondering how he got that bottle of dishwashing detergent to sing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

In Response to Re: Rock band or Not...:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to say 'yes.' Only because I don't think anyone could ever come up with such a bad name for a group unless it was for real. Believe it or not, there was a group (not a rock band, however) named Tony Orlando and Dawn. And if it wasn't for T.V. , we might be all still wondering how he got that bottle of dishwashing detergent to sing.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I think maybe the only odd part of the name "Tony Orlando and Dawn" is that Dawn wasn't one woman but two.   You can either think, geez that Tony Orlando can't even give credit where credit is due, or you can think at least he's acknowledging his backup singers (which most solo artists don't really do).

Thelma Hopkins (the only half of Dawn I remember) was a whole lot funnier than Tony, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I say yes.. ill go a step further and Im going to guess that they are a band from japan too..Love the new "rocker chick" avatar Yoshi..

Sections
Shortcuts